Akima - Guardian of the Silver Sea (Gilahu's BP Makuta revamps)

Name: Akima
Kanohi: Atramu, Great Mask of Adaptation
Assigned region: Northern Southern Continent

Backstory:

Throughout her life Akima didn’t ever play any significant role in Brotherhood politics - nor did she want to. Teridax, Miserix and their fellow politicians focused on islands, their inhabitants and their problems all the time while the rest of the Brotherhood seemed content with either spending their time in dusty laboratories or on dirty battlefields.
Akima’s domain was the silver sea. All of it.
Of course she was a warrior, too, at least nominally, but she saw herself rather as a guardian, someone who protected instead of destroyed, even though ocassionaly she was ordered to attack ships - but those were just trespassing on her ocean, anyway.

That she was actually assigned to a region after the end of the Matoran Civil War surprised Akima, but then those swampy marshes probably would have been an insult to everyone else. Still she hardly ever payed attention to them.
Even at the Convocation she was rather indifferent about who won, in the end choosing Teridax when it was clear he had far more supporters. Afterwards she immediately returned to the sea.

The Great Cataclysm at first hardly affected Akima, until several centuries later, on one of the rare ocassions she visited her region, she discovered a breach in the dome over the Southern Continent with water pouring through it from somewhere above. Setting out to investigate, Akima soon emerged in the Pit - and there found a fortress! Not being one to hesitate, she entered, trying to learn who could have built it - and to what purpose. Unfortunately Mahri Nui chose this exact moment to break off from Voya Nui above, descend, and crush the fortress - and Akima with it.

Equipment:
Akima wore teh Kanohi Atramu, Mask of Adaptation which automatically adapted her to her environment, thus enabling her to save energy by not actively having to ■■■■■■■■■■. She carried a Hydro-Lance capable of swelling up a target and thus making it float to the surface of the sea. Her claws also were poisonous and could paralyze an enemy.

Wing pieces on the feet can serve as fins.

Size comparisons:

MOC and backstory based on @The_Wanderer’s Makuta Tethis - I changed the name because by now I feel like no mythological names should be used for Makuta.

So, obviously my revamp uses silver instead of gunmetal, but I didn’t really have much of a choice there, I think, given that there aren’t that many gunmetal technic/G1 pieces. I tried hard to keep what for me was teh core feature of teh original - teh feet that can turn into flippers - but this was the best I could come up with, sadly. It doesn’t look bad, of course, but I feel like something better should be possible. The MOC can actually stand quite well on those tiny feet - the main problem rather are those shoulder-jetpack-howeveryoucallthem-thingies which have a certain weight to them. The best thing about using teal ball sockets is that they probably have hardly been used since they were made and thus still have enough friction to hold poses :stuck_out_tongue: .

Aaaaanyways - that’s revamp number 12+2 done. Only 86 (88) more! No group shot this time. Getting too many MOCs… Need to figure out an alternative…

As always C&C welcome!

46 Likes

This moc is really cool!

3 Likes

This is definitely one of my favorite BP revamps of yours. I really like the aquatic theme.

2 Likes

I think the feet need to be a little bigger.
the rest is fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks!

Feet are this small since they also are this small on the original (although admittedly my MOC as a whole is bigger than the original). Since I figured that someone who spends most of her time in the ocean didn’t need big feet I admittedly didn’t try particularly hard to build feet that carried over the original’s look but were bigger.

This is really cool.

1 Like

Arms could be bulkier

1 Like

This is one of your best imo. Upper arms are a tad thin though.

1 Like

Custom arms in this scale are the worst…

There are two other reasons why I left them this thin, though:

1. most shoulder armor would have interfered with arm articulation given how close those jetpack things are to the shoulders.
  2. I figured since she would use those jetpack-things and her legs for swimming, thin arms that give hardly any resistance to water would maybe make sense.

But glad you like this MOC!

1 Like

I love this MOC: well done!!

1 Like