Alternate Universe Concepts

• AU where Velika succeeds in killing everyone within the tower
  • AU where Velika succeeds in taking over Spherus Magna

I was going to suggest one where Velika stops the shattering but that’s pretty much The Melding.

1 Like

AU where Takanuva is too late and Ahkmou becomes the Toa of Shadow and the mahri get the adaptive armor like Lego originally planned.

3 Likes

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Matoran of Metru Nui saw him as a villain and tried to fight against him when he took over. As was seen during the Matoran Civil War, the Matoran of Metru Nui not doing what they’re supposed to is really bad for the robot as a whole. Getting the Matoran on his side could have been a way to ensure that he didn’t get destroyed from within by rebellion.

Which, to me, makes the idea of a universe where the Metru failed and Teridax succeeded more interesting to me. Like, imagine a world where Metru Nui is a totalitarian dystopia, sealed off from the rest of the universe and completely under Teridax’s sway. There are lots of interesting things you could do with that.

Now that’s a cool idea.

3 Likes

-a universe where, like the series originally portrayed, mata nui and makuta are real brothers and deities

-one where miserix is never overthrown as leader of the makuta. This would result the makuta deciding to eventually just take control of the chaotic MU but without “the plan” or shutting down mata nui(he is just oblivious to the goings on within his body)

-one where mask powers do not exist

-one where the toa mata died at sea and never arrived on the island.

-one where the shattering of bara magna never took place

-one where the makuta and toa have swapped roles(makuta are the chosen heroes created by mata nui and meant to contend with evil toa warriors or matoran that are doomed to one day transform into villainous toa)

4 Likes

Necropost

I would like to see an alternate Universe, similar to the Toa Empire, where Tuyet actually was a good ruler of Metru Nui and did not kill Matoran earlier, meaning she told her teammates about her Ideas and the Stone.

3 Likes

Hmmm…
In this alternate universe, would she have persuaded all of her fellow Toa Mangai to go along with the creation of the Toa Empire, or would it be in-character for some of them to be opposed to it?

1 Like

Well probably some would be opposed to it, i.e. Lhikan, but it was less of a tyranny and more of a shared control.

But where would Lhikan’s opposition land him?
If Tuyet and the rest of the Mangai liked the idea, and Lhikan didn’t, that would render him a “threat to the Empire”, would it not?

1 Like

Yes he would be a threat. But I dont think in a not so evil version of the Empire he might just get banished and later start a rebellion. Or they go the simpler way of execution but I would like for it to be an actual story to have them ban him and other threats among the Toa.

1 Like

I would love to see an alternate Toa Mangai timeline as well, especially because we have seen so much of Toa teams that only had a few years of experience at most (Toa Nuva, Toa Metru, Toa Mahri) whereas the screentime for experienced Toa with thousands of years is limited. Perhaps the start for the alternate Toa Mangai timeline could be as simple as different team compositions during the ‘fake missions’ allowing the Toa of Ice to discover fake Dume with his Rode.

2 Likes

But how would that work? Would he just ask “Hey are you evil?”. Terry is shapeshifted and not using an illusion. Or do you have any different ideas? :thinking:

2 Likes

Well that is an interesting question because on one hand it isn’t the real Dume, it is a deception. But even if that doesn’t work it could be that Teridax says something like: “closing the gates is of critical importance for the safety of the city”.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe.

Yeah thats true.
Maybe he just found a way to get around the rode in the main timeline. Its weird that he had a way to get through with anything anyways because apperantly the rode is always active.

1 Like

I agree. I was suprised when I found out one of the Toa Mangai wore a Rode. But perhaps Teridax was smart enough and found a way to take this into account by playing his cards right (kind of like a mastermind).

2 Likes

“The right choice of words, is the rulers most powerful weapon.”
~Someone probably

2 Likes

Something I’ve been thinking of is what if Spiriah never carried out his experiments on the Skakdi, in particular what this would mean down the line in regards to the Toa Nuva’s quest to acquire the Ignika and Teridax losing out on a potential source of manpower following his takeover of the Matoran Universe.
Edit: apologies for resurrecting a thread which hasn’t been responded to in nearly a month.

6 Likes

What if Tuyet was the last toa to fall before the great cataclysm? Would she choose different matoran or would the toa metru remain the same? If they remain the same then how would events play out with Tuyet in Lhikan’s place?

1 Like

I would say that the Toa would be trained and probably turn out to be less Toa code following.

That makes sense but you have to consider that Nidhiki and Krekka would be hunting her down. Maybe she’s be more strict in her training with little time they had. I wonder if she would trust Vakama’s visions.

2 Likes