Annihilatress Lariska (Not really toa sized) By Sargos.

Love to have instructions for her. Also do you have an Instagram?

1 Like

It was right after I finished her that I started to consider making instructions, studio has that function built in, right? I just gotta watch tutorial then. And as for instagram I was literally just banned there a couple days ago and I have absolutely no idea why, the only thing I did is change my profile name.

1 Like

Oooh I like it!

1 Like

I don’t think I said anything about the height? Or the proportions? It really is nice as is.

:sunglasses: I am sure that will be epic, look forward to that.

2 Likes

I was reffering to cannon description that Greg gave her: “She’s about the size of a toa” so I assume TTV would put a height limit for the contest, something like: not taller than the tallest toa (Which would be toa inika).
Mine isn’t a titan sized, but still taller than inika so…

1 Like

They probably won’t; the Artakha and Helryx contests had no limits on what size or scale could be used:

You’ll definitely want to keep in mind that people will likely want to display the winning model next to other figures, so scale should probably be considered, but it won’t be mandatory.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hope it would be the case with her as well, but maybe Helryx and Artakha just didn’t have such a clear height description as Lariska, though Greg didn’t say which type of toa exactly she’s similar in size to, so I can only guess how TTV staff gonna interpret that.

1 Like

What a rip off

1 Like

I just ran frough some physical build testing and I think I’m gonna ditch the fin hair piece if I’ll make instructions for her, because that peice forced me to use the wobbly connection through a single 2-long bar that would make the whole construction on the back of her head not very stable. I originally thought that the friction would be enough, but I forgot how poor the friction is on the cam pieces. Nothing major in the overall head construction, just one piece on the back.

1 Like

I’ve seen those feet in another Lariska MOC but I can’t remember which one

YOU PIRAKA!!!

This is Knife-edge death match

Jokes aside, is an amazing moc and one of my favorite potential Lariskas so far, but please, change those feet.

10 Likes

I did change them actually, the heel is different, also thinking about adding toes… So hope you’re okay with me taking your idea as a base.
I don’t really mind if people will use techincues from my moc for their Lariskas, especially since the amount of teal parts is rather limited. It was hard to pass such a good feet design.

In addition I’m not sure if it will ever be an entry, if they put the rule of her being “about the size of a toa”, like Greg described, I’m not gonna bother scaling her down, that might become an issue with your Lariska as well.

3 Likes

Pretty awesome build! I really like the overall construction, however the glatorian neck in the waist is really thin, so that could be fixed.

Dang, all these lariska mocs are putting mine to shame… :joy:

You shouldn’t feel that way, everyone is taking inspiration from each-other either via building technicues, or artworks.

4 Likes

I know, but the way and pieces you used to connect he hand connector to the Tohunga feet is exactly the same. I’ve seen some other MOCS using modified Tohunga feet like this one (Toa Macku (with custom Tohunga feet)) that explicitly said were inspired by mine an still look completely unique.

About the height, it wasn’t a rule in Artakha nor Helryx’s contest despite having known heights, of course, having a canon height helped the winner MOCs in the polls. However, there’s a more recent post by Greg where he said Lariska’s height relative to a Toa is unknown (Chat with Greg Farshtey | Page 863). He probably forgot he said she was Toa sized at some point, but in the end it means Lariska can be as tall as we want her to be.

1 Like

I credited you now, but the feet stay. The other tohunga feet configuration aren’t as nicely proportioned therefore won’t fit for my moc. The only thing I’ll change for now is add toe claws.

However, If I will eventually decide to submit her as an entry maybe I’ll come up with a different feet design by that time, to not resemble your entry if it makes you that unfomfortable, but right now this is just a moc for myself, as the title and discription suggest.

1 Like

quick edit to remove the double post before spider(ius) man comes and gets you lol

I might need help to deside something, the alternative head design.
Configuration 1 just replaces fin glatorian armor with hero factory plate.
It’s a much more stable connection, with tubes and fishtail still present.

Configuration 2 uses a custom painted hero factory armor and makes her look more similar to the artwork by Teridax467smocs, with additional ornament.

Screenshot_2

Can you say which one looks better? Would you prefer tube hair, or just an ornament?

5 Likes

I’d prefer the ornament but in this case the tubes look way cooler
so uh
do the tubes

I love the hair tubes a lot. Always appreciate it when someone can make them look good in Studio, which you really have.

tubes look cool but they remind me a lot of roodaka and we know lariska is not a vortix