Artakha: Artist of the Forge (Meet the Maker)

(Main Pic)

This is my interpretation of Artakha, its been almost 4 years since I started it and after several revamps I’m finally happy with how it looks. This moc used to be silver and dark green, but i wanted it to be more close to the cannon, so I decided to incorporate gray-green parts. This was a big challenge as I only had a zaktan an a couple of ninjago sets. That means that I had to use some system while trying to still keep the g1 aesthetic using them only as details and mixing them with g1 parts. Also I didn’t want him to be almost like a statue so I tried to give him a big range of articulation, which I think was achieved at a degree.

Some details about this version of Artakha:

It has 16 points of articulation (without fingers) including waist articulations and shoulder articulation (something like maxilos).

I choose the g2 mask of creation as it was the only one i had at the moment, I’m really bad at brick build masks and i don’t have access to a 3D printer (I really wanted to use the amazing design by KhingK but it wasn’t possible) Although the g2 head can be swapped with a metru head in case somebody want that.

I haven’t had access to bricklink to be able to get new pieces due to the current situation, so there are some little miss colored pieces or some replaced pieces with similar alternatives that you may notice in some photos.

I incorporated colors representing the 6 principal elements in Artakha´s hammer, my my thought was that maybe they where like solidified essence of the elements that Artakha could have used in the creation of the toa mata. Also, because of the handle design was a little bit compromised to be able for Artakha to properly hold it securely, I made a detailed variant that can be swapped when he isn’t holding it.

I tried to incorporate some internal gears that couldn’t be see easily, as I thought Artakha should’t have gears showing off

The hammer can be mounted in his back in to different configurations.

Breakdown Photos

Extra photo of how this guy used to be when i didn’t know gray-green was an actual color.

That’s all, I hope you liked my interpretation!

63 Likes

noice

1 Like

This is rad, love the chest armor! This is a great example of using sand green system pieces in a good balance with G1 parts in a way that doesn’t look out of place

3 Likes

Thanks! That was the most difficult part for me, I’m glad you liked it

didn’t really like the other artahkas, felt like they were missing something
i don’t know what it is, but this one just feels right to me

also tassets are a pretty cool inclusion, not sure why people don’t use them more

2 Likes

This is fantastic. The build, the colours, I love it.

2 Likes

do you think you could make even further broken down breakdown photos?
while they are helpful it’s still really hard to tell what on earth is even going on in the torso and how it all goes together
and its really hard to tell how it all goes together at the end for the arms and thighs

actually a stud.io model could work
might try making one myself…

1 Like

Sure, here you go:

I´m sorry if this caused any kind of trouble, I really never thought that I could make it this far and dind´t gave much attention to the photos. I have also updated the Breakdown photos album with these and some more of the lower body, legs and arms.
I really would love to make a stud.io file, but I haven’t used it too much and I’m short on time due to university. I hope the extra photos are enough, but if you need anything more just let me know. I maybe could do only the body on stud.io but it would take me some time.

3 Likes

thanks, that really helps
that’s pretty much all i needed, with enough trial and error i think i can get everything else

current progress:
screaming in pain due to lack of parts irl

1 Like

I hope this becomes the winning entry It just so fascinating looking and how I would imagine artahka to look

course to my eyes not only does I look difficult to build but difficult to play with as well

3 Likes