Artakha by Mister N (Bionicle Canon Contest #2: Meet The Maker, Part 2 (Art))

My submission for the Artakha Art Canon Contest. This time my art is inspired by Blacksheep Production concept arts for BIONICLE Miramax trilogy.

Examples of inspiration and BIONICLE movies vibes here:

Summary

Basically my work speaks for itself. In the process, a lot of concept art was created and many of them remained behind the scenes.

Well, good luck to everyone! I hope you like my vision of this character.

111 Likes

I was wondering when someone would make use of those miramax symbols. They can be found in Mask of Light as well.

6 Likes

Wow such cool

3 Likes

very well :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m speechless!

I’d better quote someone to express the storm of emotions I feel looking at this spectacular piece of art:
“very nice” ~ Greg

10 Likes

Wow, this is great. I maybe steal your idea Kini Nui idea for my own mask :open_mouth:

1 Like

very nice

Awesome, as always!

Yep.

You got my vote.

1 Like

definitely one of the top contenders right here.

1 Like

Which Greg?

Wow! I can’t tell, is this done with markers Mixed with digital or is it all digital? It looks great! I’m not sure about the Digitigrade(standing on toes/ looks like 3 jointed legs) though.

2 Likes

I absolutely love everything about this!

Greg Heffley.

4 Likes

I knew it!

1 Like

movie-style design!!
WOW I love this…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

The love-is-not-canon Greg

I love this stlye
Can we just start a petition to make Mister-N the official artist for these contests?

1 Like

Your recreation of Miramax movie style is phenomenal :ok_hand: I love how you translated the MOC into art and I really dig the background structures. My only complaint would be that the colors seem a little too pale for my taste. I get that you were going for the movie concept art look, but still.

And… the mask. Yeah, I’m not sold on that one. Looks too blocky for me. I like some of the concepts you made, most notably 3a and 4a, shame these didn’t make it into the final artwork.

Still a great piece nonetheless. Well done!

7 Likes

I really like this concept, I really want to see it animated like in the movies !! <3