Artakha, Creator of the Sun(Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Having seen Double’s progress while building this, I can confirm that this wasn’t a joke entry and he did put effort into this. It may not look that way to you, but much more work went into this than his Helryx.

12 Likes

Aight so here’s the deal.

I can’t make an official ruling on behalf of @Eljay and @Mesonak, however what I can do is remind everyone that regardless of the contests we have certain rules, namely:

Keep it Civil.

I understand there are plenty of people with personal issues with the person who’s posted this MoC, however I fail to see where that is an issue with the MoC itself or it’s standing in the contest. I also urge anyone to actually read the MoC’s topic, as comparing builds using CCBS to one that pointedly uses only parts from 2003 and earlier is false equivalence.

The canon contest rules say such (Emphasis mine):

11. We reserve the right to disqualify, at any time, any entry that we have reason to believe has been entered in bad faith or in an attempt to disrupt the voting process, or any entry we have reason to believe may disrupt the voting process.

Until such a time as Eljay or Meso confirm one way or another for this MoC, I urge everyone to follow the cardinal rule: If you don’t like it, don’t vote for it.

~Hawkeye

15 Likes

You know what. I like this. The Aztec style is very unique compared to the other entries.

5 Likes

Nooo, you can’t just make something with inhuman proportions! it’s a joke! These robots must be humanlike and use modern pieces!
:thinking:

7 Likes

To be honest, I actually kinda like this MOC, moreso than the Helryx one.

The thinner, taller, deified appearance is very unique among the other entries, and the headdress is a cool concept.

@Pylonmadness didn’t say anything about proportions

He was talking about the effort put in this thing, because you can make something good that has inhuman proportions and uses primarily old pieces. Just look at this entry: Arthaka - The Burning Forge (Bionicle Canon Contest #2: Meet The Maker). It has some newer pieces but they don’t look out of place. So I really think that Double could have done something better with his skills

2 Likes

“Effort” is subjective. I would say it takes just as much skill and creativity to make something look good with a limited selection of parts as it does to make something look good with a massive abundance of them.

4 Likes

Well, his other MOCs make it seem that he doesn’t have any limitations in parts… For example, his Helryx MOC still uses old parts, but looks solid and complete, when this Artakha Just looks unfinished and strange

1 Like

Almost as if it’s supposed to look skeletal and there are more aesthetic styles than just “throw as many parts as you can onto it” … Not to generalize all the more intricate MOC’s as such but you can clearly tell the subdued style here was intentional.

6 Likes

I understand that he was going for a skeletal vibe, but some design choices just seem lazy. You can’t just throw some technic beams together and call it “skeletal limbs”

But, I guess we won’t know was it intentional or not, until Double clarifies that…

4 Likes

That’s a freaking joke. Why limit you to up to 2003, when Artakha appeared first as a voice in 2007? And appeared as a being in 2009? If you really want to make a moc that matches when we met with him, you should have used the pieces up to 2009, the reasoning for the part limitation is pointless lmao
Otherwise, I like the style you were going for, but it’s definitely not an Artakha by any means. More likely Mictlantecuhtli, to be exact, from the DC animated movie, Constantine: City of Demons part 2

3 Likes

I think it is most likely to make people who only accept 2001-2004 era of BIONICLE happy. It worked with his Helryx (I have seen a lot of people voting for it because it was very G1-y and “purist”), so why won’t it work this time?

1 Like

That’s it folks, we have the winner, I will vote for this because of the nostalgia, hope it wins. Good luck Double :lizard:

5 Likes

I really, really hope that somebody will make a moc with pieces from the 1999-2003 period for you to see, how a great moc looks like.

What do you mean? The moc looks great. It uses old pieces = good.

1 Like

The winning entry for Helryx, a character from 2007, beat many other better entries because it used mostly parts from 2001.

Lots of voters imagine the in-universe characters to look exactly like several lumps of plastic from 2001, so they won’t accept a build using newer techniques as representing the same material in a more detailed form.

2 Likes

These are the ones who should not vote lol This mindstate ruins the possibilities, it’s like saying nothing from 2004-2010 is a bionicle, because they used newer parts, not just the ones up to 2003.

@Voxovan let me show you a good OG moc:
https://the-secret-walrus.tumblr.com/post/168092649434/tahnok-va

3 Likes

Seems like a joke, don’t you think?

2 Likes

Alright.

I didn’t want to do this, but:

Until such a time as a decision is reached regarding this MoC, I am locking the topic. It’s clear to me that the MoC creator’s controversial status, and the controversial status of the MoC itself inside the fandom has become a target.

If you don’t like the MoC, I urge you to simply not vote for it. Regular Board Rules apply over and above the contest rules.

Consider this everyone’s warning.

~Hawkeye

17 Likes