Artakha, Father of The Toa Mata (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Well, it was in the nick of time, but I made it! (Please excuse the screenshots, my computer would’ve taken days to do Stud.io renders.)

Below are photos of the Action Pose, Front, Side, Back, Color-Coded Breakdowns, and A Showcase of how This Hammer is Optionally Extendable:

Link to the Stud.io file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1C6hUq__-kVKQ5b4yYziXlVB3sa_yBNxy

And I hope desperately that this link to the mask used works:

18 Likes

Welp, I see I was two minutes late (and I wasn’t really done with the coloration, either, anyway), so I won’t be linking this to the Contest Topic.

Welp, it was fun building this nonetheless. :man_shrugging::slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers all, and may the best MOC win.:+1: :beers:

2 Likes

Wait doesn’t the contest close in like, 23 hours? You should be fine still.

Besides, the gym needs those freaking GAINS.

EDIT: Ya you’ve got hours

and ending September 24th, 11:59 PM EDT.

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

GASP! Thank Yahweh! (And THANK YOU, @Solaris_Magnus!)

Since I haven’t yet linked this to the contest topic, I am free to make some edits, correct?

2 Likes

Yup, should be good.

2 Likes

Great. :+1: Thanks for the info. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your PC Should not take days to render this. An hour at most.

I use a MacBook Air

2 Likes

Yes, you made it! this MOC is probably in my top 5, you did some great work here, best of luck!

1 Like

Wow, high praise indeed.:slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks @Propulsion!:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for entering!

Unfortunately, the Google Docs file needs access to be requested. We need that to be public.

Additionally, we need a free download link to that mask.

Without those two things, we can’t accept this entry.

Uh-oh.
How do I get those?

Follow-Up:

tmp

IT’S ALL IN WORKING ORDER NOW!:partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :gift: :tada: :confetti_ball: :sparkler: :fireworks:

THANK YOU @Eljay, @Kini_Hawkeye, AND ANY OF THE REST OF YOU AWESOME MODS WHO HELPED ME!!! :+1: :smiley::partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :gift: :tada: :confetti_ball: :sparkler: :fireworks:

3 Likes

Drops Mic. Walks Away.

@Jathru_Cranli

-Solaris Magnus

8 Likes

Wow.

Thank you so much for that epic render, and for all of your support, @Solaris_Magnus! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Np, good luck!

-Sol

1 Like

Also, credit should be given where it is due:

The designs for the feet and hammer were very strongly based off of photos I found on the internet of this MOC made by BZpower member RuukaRiou.

His excellent MOC can be found here.

The hands were strongly based off of those from the Masterpiece Contest Entry of my fellow competitor @WholesomeGadunka (the hammer’s extendable handle, as well as another feature or two of this MOC was also based off of his Entry), as can be found here.

And last, but most certainly not the least, I’d like to thank @Connor_Hoffman.
If it wasn’t for the MOC tutorial videos you posted online, I would not have gotten this built. Most components of this MOC were made possible with elements of MOC building that you taught in those vids (if you’d like, you can try to spot all the references this MOC has to the ones you’ve made those videos for :wink:).
And, Mr. Hoffman has entered a Great Work of Art into this Contest, as can be found here.

Thank you all, and may the best MOC win.:+1::beers:

5 Likes

This…

Is…

So…

AWESOME!!!

I Love All The Details! The Mask! THE HAMMER!
OH! It’s Beautiful! Just Beautiful!

And Thanks For Using My Idea Of The “Father Title”
It’s Just So AWESOME! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME JOB MAN!!!

1 Like

No problem, man. :+1:

Thanks for the input and lyrical waxing. :+1:

1 Like

Ah ok that would do it.

1 Like

Nice work!

This needs to win! :+1:

3 Likes