Artakha, the guy that makes the stuff (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

It said, and I quote:

As such, your Artakha should:

And then listed under is the 60% green guideline but then goes on to say:

However, your Artakha must:

Where it lists the one shade rule and others.

4 Likes

I really love this design. So it’s got my vote. Now I wanna see what your take on Karzanhi would be to match your Artakha.

4 Likes

It’s over. You bloody win, m8. After seeing you ragdoll the MOC on YouTube, I knew this one would get my vote. Kudos, you madman.

2 Likes

Cor blimey

This is pretty good

2 Likes

Absolutely phenomenal build. My only real concern here, are the pieces painted in colors they don’t already exist in. Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are definitely some suspect gold pieces that I don’t think lego made in gold, especially chrome gold at that. I only bring this up because it might be an issue with having this qualify. I’d like to reiterate, I’m not 100% certain there are any problems with that.

3 Likes

Yes, for example the Technic Axle Connectors used on the upper thighs do not exist in any shades of gold, but have been painted gold here.

The rules allow painted pieces, so that isn’t a barrier to qualification.

It’s worth pointing out that all the gold pieces on this build have been painted. It’s a shame the creator didn’t mention that in the description or when asked about painted pieces, because the shade of gold paint used isn’t pearl gold and can’t be reproduced with unmodified LEGO pieces.

I have a feeling purists wouldn’t be happy to know that all instances of the accent colour came out of a can, rather than being an official shade.

1 Like

I saw it the moment it was reveal and I knew this is the one. The thing is, as a MOCist I know those details will frequently fall apart, especially if you are someone who like to pose. I don’t care about the huge amount of painted pieces, that’s something I did in the past and the rule allow it, but I can understand the controversy around this decision. The funny thing is that the characters itself wasn’t enough to convince me but the hammer, oh the hammer, that’s really something xD

Edit: I watched the video and forget about it, the greebling doesn’t fall apart, this is perfect. Also this proves you can make a cool Moc with multiple colors and still be a great design (Do you get the point TTV staff? ¬¬)

2 Likes

I like how the weapon transforms. Nice work. Question: are the pieces of hammer stored somewhere on the moc?

2 Likes

Unfortunately no.

1 Like

This is absolutely fantastic! The only thing letting it down in my eyes is that I think it should have more green but that’s it.

1 Like

I’d seen this MOC before, and I was blown away. But after having so many other Artakha MOCs flood my head, I’d forgotten just how amazing this one was, and seeing it again, I was once again blown away.

It’s super detailed, it’s super articulated, it’s exceptionally well-shaped, and it checks off just about every detail in the character description perfectly… except for the sand green part.

Judging by the winning entry of the Helryx art contest, the art half of this contest could recolor a few bits here and there, but as it is, this is really stretching what it means to be sand-green.

And yet… I almost don’t care. The MOC excels in pretty much every other aspect so much, that I think I’m still going to vote for it as my top choice in Poll Two.

And wow, that hammer is surely the definitive rendition of it. The transformation feature is really cool, and on top of that, the hammer looks really good in both forms. It also acts as a sort of play feature, and I love to see people incorporate those into their MOCs.

The greebling on this MOC really gives off an ornate feel, and I suppose they could be interpreted as the “runes” on his armor. Somehow, you’ve managed to combine dark gray, sand green, silver, gold, and light blue all into the same MOC, and make it not only work, but look amazing.

What more can I say? This MOC is beautiful!

6 Likes

This is stunning. This build stands on it’s own as art, but also as a depiction of Artakha. It’s not as green as I would like, but that’s such a minor complaint looking at the mastery of technique that’s gone into portraying the character.

I could complement so many aspects of this MoC. An awesome build.

4 Likes

Great work on this build! :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, I really hope this goes on to win!:+1:

2 Likes

I appreciate that dude, I certainly hope for the best~

2 Likes

Yup, this Entry is by far the the best one out of the finalists.:+1:

It’s build is just too good to pass up.:+1:

2 Likes

Dude, you just upped this with the detachable work hammer. It’s so versatile for everything.

2 Likes

Gonna repost this here or no one will see it:

Studio file here

I’ll still be uploading video instructions, hopefully sometime this week, but I want to put the studio file out there first for anyone that’s curious. One thing to note - Studio and all custom parts packs still don’t have the sports hockey skate so all hockey skates have been replaced with bohrok feet (part 44847 → 41668). Other than that, the file comes pre-rigged both for limbs and hammer pieces so he can be posed out of the box. But unfortunately due to the waist pistons, waist articulation won’t be an easy pose in studio.

6 Likes

Don’t you mean “WholesomeGadunka”? :wink:

3 Likes

I decided to change some of the colors and I dig how it looks with existing sand green parts. Glad you made it to the final round.

3 Likes