Artakha, Hero Factory - BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker, Part 2 (Art)

Hello,

This is my entry into BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker, Part 2 (Art).

Mask Design by KhingK

EDIT: Now a version with the winning mask design as by @Perp3tual

Thanks for looking!

96 Likes

Wow, there’s just so many amazing entries in this contest. I have no idea how I’m supposed to pick. Good luck!

12 Likes

HOLY CRAP!! This is incredible!
I love the contrast between the cool and warm colours, all the glows… even how his stance parallels Karzahni’s portrait… not to mention the toa parts not being divided how they were in the sets making it seem like he’s a step above even we the builders of the sets… This is just… dang. This is incredible. I wish my submission was even half of what yours is. You have my vote!

6 Likes

Wow this is so amazing! I love your submission :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s amazing that there’s so many excellent entries including this one being submitted so close to the end of the entry period

8 Likes

10/10 title, and 20/10 artwork! This probably has my vote. Like dang, he looks so ancient, knowledgeable, and menacing!

8 Likes

The atmosphere of this artwork is absolutely stunning. I love the art style since it reminds me of oil paintings that you would find in a museum. The contrast in colors really work well and make him stand out a lot. Most of all, you made Artakha do what he loves best: creating.

Spectacular work!

7 Likes

Aaauuuwww yeess, I think I found the winner!

2 Likes

Masterful!

2 Likes

Wow Crunch. Fantastic. Man voting in this contest is going to be a nightmare, so many excellent entries.

-Sol

4 Likes

This will win. It’d better bloody win.

2 Likes

Listen, I say this as someone that spent over a month and a half on my own entry for the contest: this one had BETTER win. It’s by far the best one in this entire contest. The painted aesthetic is gorgeous, the coloring is masterful, the scene itself is brilliant, I just love it so much.
On a bit of a side note, is the mask supposed to be Gold or Gunmetal Grey in your painting? It doesn’t look like quite the same shade as the rest of the armor, but the image of the mask itself is Gunmetal. Not a deal breaker either way, just a bit curious.
Good luck! This deserves to win!

3 Likes

The idea was gunmetal with gold exposed on the edges of the runes

Adding to this topic, I did do some sketches for masks, calling them concepts for the Mask of Creation is pushing it but it was the last week already and I just needed to start and finish the entry.

11 Likes

That’s really cool! It turned out really well! And those concept sketches look great, too! I think I prefer the mask you went with, but I really dig some of these designs! I recognize some of the inspiration from the Art Of Bionicle book, but is one of those an elaborate Makooti reference? That RULES!

2 Likes

Turned some of your concepts into a painted piece :wink:

18 Likes

Now I’m kind of sad you didn’t have time to finish a mask. Khink’s is really good but man your concepts were amazing!

4 Likes

I like the bottom right

4 Likes

Very upset this didn’t win

Yooo is that my man makooti

5 Likes

I will be making it Canon-compliant soon…

4 Likes