Artakha, Master Builder (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

This hits me right in the nostalgia.

I’m genuinely curious: does the armour look black? Does it look like there’s any dark green on the set at all? Dark green is the primary colour.

1 Like

Oh shoot, I can make it out kinda now, but it REALLY blends in with the black pieces. Must be your lighting or something, cause I genuinely didnt notice it.

I see it, I don’t really see how it could be mistaken for black, but just as a warning: since this MOC already has sand green in it the dark green cannot be changed during the art contest, so I hope your fine with Artakha being primarily dark green in canon!

The dark green paint I used is a bit darker than Lego dark green, but not by much. It’s probably the lighting.

@Propulsion I don’t think that’s how it works. In the artwork, both shades would be sand green.

Edited for Double Post ~ Hawkeye

3 Likes

Artakha is primarily sand green as per Canon - all dark green in this MoC (and likely some of the black because they are pretty darn close in these pics and others might mistake ) would be recoloured to Sand Green in the art portion were this MoC to win.

~Hawkeye

6 Likes

All green (except for eyestalks and some other exceptions) will be recolored.

1 Like

@Mesonak said this.

While you’re here and I’m still awake, can you confirm that the breakdown photos I provided are sufficient? They’re in a drop-down menu.

Some of the photos are from the digital copy of the model. Is that fine? Do I need to link to the file in this instance?

@Propulsion

Missing half the context there bud:

The MoC in question did not use a secondary green and had only Sand Green as the colour. Meso’s statement regarding recolouring applies only to the other colours on that MoC, and in this case would apply to the Dark Green being recoloured to Sand Green.

Obviously in a case where Sand Green is already the colour of the MoC, we would not be allowing recolouring.

@Hazash I can’t actually confirm that but I’ll get Meso and Eljay to take a look - pictures aren’t something where I’m fully aware of what they’re looking for.

~Hawkeye

2 Likes

Cool thanks. Just concerned I’m going to get DQ’d if I don’t resolve any issues before the deadline in a few hours.

Welp, you can’t win them all! Thanks for the clarification.

As per Meso, the breakdown Photos are sufficient! You’re good to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank god I can go to bed

3 Likes

Bulky and intimidating. Great job! Quite a unique looking entry.

The build is impeccable; the only questionable bit is the skirt, as the red color really clashes with the rest of the MOC.

1 Like

I don’t really mind the contrast, since is is more of an external accessory than a part of his main armour.

At least in my eyes. If the skirt is meant to be permanent armour, then I think it should match the rest of him.

1 Like

I don’t mind the red as it could be interpreted as copper
This is a really cool and solid build

This one has a creepy stare

Like some other people, I thought the dark green was black, but anyway… WOW. The model already looked really cool, and then I discovered it had two gear functions. This is an outstanding MOC. Definitely my first choice in Poll Six.

Quite possibly the best one I’ve seen. I really like the gear functions in this one, and the use of parts is pretty spectacular too (the 04 Makuta masks for shoulders in particular). While I generally prefer KhingK’s mask of creation design, I do think Galva’s version suits this MOC better. The hammer’s also pretty nice, not too big unlike mine. The colour scheme’s pretty neat as well with the gold highlights and all, it’s a shame the lighting doesn’t do the green parts justice. Solid 10/10