Artakha: Primordial Maker (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Breakdowns:

This was a ton of fun to make over the last few months of quarantine! It was an incredible challenge to scrounge up all of this sand green and have it fit together cohesively. I took a lot of inspiration from Optimus Prime for the frame, because I always imagined Artakha having a similar demeanor and voice to the Autobot leader.

88 Likes

Nice to see someone finally make use of that Ben-10 torso and armor plate!

Solid build and great design otherwise.

Best of luck in the contest!

6 Likes

Thank you! I knew I had to work it in somehow.

1 Like

It started when a legendary mask did what it did
And stuck it self upon his face with secrets that it hid.

Seriously, I love this design. The colours look great an the details in the torso, legs and hammer are rather unique compared to the competition.
Bonus points for actually using sand green.

6 Likes

I mean, what’s not to love with this one?
The hammer’s solid, you managed to make a ben 10 piece work, Ekimu’s mask looks great in pearl dark gray…

Pretty good Artakha here! :+1:

3 Likes

The build is great; I like the use of the Knight’s Kingdom shoulderpads. I think the one problem here is that the colours are reversed. Artakha has grey-green armour, while this one seems to be a grey-green being with gunmetal armour.

1 Like

I’m loving this one, one of my favourites so far. Very clever use of the Ben 10 pieces, and the build is simple but effective. Well done!

2 Likes

Great entry! I love how you managed to actually use Sand Green, unlike most of the other entries. Also, bonus points for the simple, yet still very effective build!

3 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

Oooh I really like this. Very good looking build, nice colors, definitely my favorite entry so far (besides my own lol).

2 Likes

I love this build, but the thighs are way too small.

1 Like

I am a big fan of Artakha Tennyson.

1 Like

Oh wow, I think this one has my vote for now.

The color scheme is perfect, the overall form is just how I imagined him, and he’s got nearly perfect proportions.

Really amazing job!

2 Likes

This is pretty good! I’m more a fan of gunmetal than gold in general, and it pairs well with the sand green. The main issue I have with this MOC is the transition from the thighs to the knees is a bit abrupt - you have the canister-sized Ben 10 limb pieces going into the much thicker shins with the boomerang pieces.

4 Likes

Iv’e been waiting for this one!

Even after seeing some of the other entries, this is still very close to my favourite, if it’s not at the top.

I also love the way his chest armour is attached. Very creative.

2 Likes

I dig the color palette. Not only do gunmetal and sand green work well together, but it’s refreshing in comparison to the silver and gold mocs I’ve seen.

The blue eyes are also a nice touch :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! Just to address a few things:

Yeah, I’m operating in a bit of a grey(green) area there. Bionicle anatomy with regards to whats armor and whats not has never really been gone into in depth, and I had limited sand green, so here we are.

He skipped upper leg day. I get what you mean, it’s mainly because of the fact that I had no other sand green pieces that would have really worked for upper legs. Also it kinda helped give him that Optimus Prime look I was going for

I was worried people would hate that for the borderline heresy that it is, so this makes me happy!

3 Likes

I think that in the Bionicle story, the word armour refers to what we know as armour, but also to any outer surface of a being’s body. It’s all protodermis.

So this figure would have gray-green armour, with additional gunmetal armour.

4 Likes

When your armor is too fabulous for you to let it get battle damaged so you put more armor on top of it, because you’re an ancient demigod robot and you can do what you want

6 Likes

I like it a lot. I’ve always imagined Artakha to be green and gunmetal.
Question: How tall is he?

2 Likes