Artakha: Primordial Maker (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Thanks everyone! Just to address a few things:

Yeah, I’m operating in a bit of a grey(green) area there. Bionicle anatomy with regards to whats armor and whats not has never really been gone into in depth, and I had limited sand green, so here we are.

He skipped upper leg day. I get what you mean, it’s mainly because of the fact that I had no other sand green pieces that would have really worked for upper legs. Also it kinda helped give him that Optimus Prime look I was going for

I was worried people would hate that for the borderline heresy that it is, so this makes me happy!

3 Likes

I think that in the Bionicle story, the word armour refers to what we know as armour, but also to any outer surface of a being’s body. It’s all protodermis.

So this figure would have gray-green armour, with additional gunmetal armour.

4 Likes

When your armor is too fabulous for you to let it get battle damaged so you put more armor on top of it, because you’re an ancient demigod robot and you can do what you want

6 Likes

I like it a lot. I’ve always imagined Artakha to be green and gunmetal.
Question: How tall is he?

2 Likes

Thanks! If you count the horns on the mask, he’s 10 inches tall.

That seems a little short, in comparison to an Inika build Toa.

EDIT: It’s actually not as bad as I thought. Using the Height Calculator here:

And the Unit Converter here:

http://studs.sariel.pl/

I have found that the model is only (roughly) 1.5 studs short of Artakha being 10’. I’d say that that’s within tolerance.

And he is obviously over ten feet in the Mata scale.

3 Likes

Yeah, but the Inika styles were giants compared to previous waves, so scaling has never been too consistent. He towers over the Toa Mata, which seemed appropriate given he built them.
Edit: Oh, that’s neat! I never knew that existed.

2 Likes

Although he doesn’t feel very G1 to me, the color scheme looks excellent and overall I like it

1 Like

This is really good, man.:+1:
One of my favorites so far.:+1:

1 Like

I’ve admittedly never been great with only working within the confines of the G1 aesthetic, but I figured Artakha is such a different type of being from most we’ve seen that I could get away with some personal flair. Glad you like the color scheme!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Sand green inika leg armor??

1 Like

I believe he spray painted it that way, which by the way is not against the rules.

3 Likes

Yep! I just couldnt resist.

1 Like

No it looks cool

1 Like

My pleasure. :+1:

1 Like

My favorite entry so far!

1 Like

This is probably my favorite entry so far as well. I really like how it’s complex but not overly so. It’s got good proportions and color distribution. My only critique would be the choice of mask (personally not a fan of the G2 Mask of Creation) but I can understand the limitations and am more than fine with it in the end. Great work! It gets my vote.

2 Likes

Thanks!
@RebelJoel Thank you! I thought about using the Kingk mask, but I kinda figured everyone would, and I wasnt sure which type of head it worked with. Plus I thought the G2 mask looked dope in gunmetal!

1 Like

Well, keep in mind the mask is technically a placeholder and may be replaced during the art half of the competition.

Anyway, wow, this is a really good MOC. The torso has incorporated pieces from Knights’ Kingdom, Ben 10, CCBS, and System very well. I think there are a few spots that might stray a little too far from the G1 feel (e.g. the slope bricks on the lower back), but overall, I think this MOC does a good job at blending them all into a cohesive build that could reasonably fit into the G1 canon. It falls somewhere between “definitely G1” and “second year of G2”.

The hammer looks pretty neat. I like the gear on the front of the head, and the Zamor launcher on the other end works surprisingly well.

I like the choice of gunmetal grey. It provides a nice contrast the light tone of the sand green.

Overall, one of the strongest MOCs in Poll One, and I’ve voted for it as my 2nd-favorite in that poll, but another day, it might have been my first choice.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Keeping to the G1 aesthetic with sand green was definitely a challenge, but I think I found a decent compromise.

2 Likes