Artakha, ruler of Artakha, my artwork (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker part 2, Art)

So, here´s my entry for the art contest of Artakha.

As you can see I did it in more of a painting style, I think it fits the ancient look of this character better, It took a lot of sketching to get to this point, the reference came from the original bionicle movies and transformers. There was a lot of debate about how the runes should look like, I took a creative liberty and make them something different, the inspiration for them came from the Disney classic film “Atlantis” the runes in that movie have this bright blue colour which I thinks gives it an interesting ancient look, but honestly the are just random symbols and don´t have an actual meaning, let´s just say its an old language the great beings used.

The mask, as you can see, is the same mask used by the winning MOC, by @Connor_Hoffman, designed by KhingK, I just think it´s perfect, but since it is one of the three lengendary masks I decided it should be gold, as the other two masks.
Here is a closer look at it:

Thank you some much to Khingk for designing this awesome mask, all props to him.
HERE IS THE LINK TO KHINGK´S MASK: The Legendary Mask of Creation (YMZAR7FNU) by KhingK

Finally thanks to @Connor_Hoffman for creating this awesome MOC and to the TTV for hosting this contest.
I hope you like it and I´d love to hear your thoughts.

PS: if you want I can make another topic with my drawing process.

57 Likes

WOW, Nice!
I love the rune has shining at surface of his armor! :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

Really happy you chose my mask. The overall artwork is elegant. Also making the mask gold really works in this! Amazing job!

9 Likes

Thank you, and really thanks so much for that mask it is awesome.

3 Likes

This artwork is really excellent in my opinion, somewhere between the Miramax films and the styling of MNOG. Nice work.

3 Likes

Ok, the first one I can see as being canon so far!

2 Likes

and i now have a favorite. count on getting my vote

4 Likes

Omg! This is amazing!

You have earned my vote!

3 Likes

That armor is pretty fantastic, and I like how you used Khing’s mask. Good luck!

5 Likes

Amazing! I’d absolutely love to see another topic about your art style, I’ve always wanted to figure out how to paint like that.

5 Likes

You linked my reply not the topic

shoot haha i´ll fix it

https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/how-to-draw-and-paint-tutorial-my-process/56601
this is the drawing tutorial if anybody wants to see it :smiley:

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

I really wanted mask from KhingK to be the canon one, so count on my vote :slight_smile:!

3 Likes