Artakha, The Creator (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Wow. Excellent MOC, love the whole thing. Best of luck :slight_smile:

-Solaris Magnus

1 Like

That ribcage design grabbed my attention immediately. He’s a very blocky boi though; without a lot of motion in the torso compounded with the obvious technic beams. The spine seems to have a lot more of that motion (though isn’t in the reverse of how a human spine would curve?), so I don’t see why you can’t make the shoulders a few pieces wider.

2 Likes

I learned from the Helryx contest not to decide my votes too early, but man, this is by far the best Arthaka I’ve seen yet, and I have a hard time imagining a build that would better encapsulate his scale while still being the right colors.

(The painted-up mask is very nice, as well.)

1 Like

I don’t want to be that guy but I also think that it is important to enforce the contest rules. Unless I’m not seeing it correctly, the back of the legs utilize dark transparent green bohrok eyes.

afaik, this violates the rule that the MOC can only have one other shade of green, besides sand green (not including eye color). Other than that, nice work, and good luck!

Edit 2 years later: 2020 Atobri was so unbased and unepic :pensive:
This moc has some nice shaping and building techniques

2 Likes

The most interesting looking one by far. I can see this being Artakha after some artistic changes.

2 Likes

First up, thanks for the honest words, l really appreciate that :smile:

You are right, it was a questionable choice that had to be made because nothing else would fit there. On the other hand, it complements this part of Artakha’s description:

because it’s a flat surface you can put some custom rune stickers onto

It’s not exactly right, but very close. The curve is in the right place, but the actual human spine has another one right under it

That’s just my artistic choice :laughing:

Yes, that’s correct. These should be silver, but I’m not gonna reshoot every single picture, unless They ask me do so :joy:

5 Likes

This is a very well designed Moc, so I find it a shame that the blue pins, red axles, yellow bushings and red ball joints ruin the colour scheme so much. Especially around the back of the hips.
I’m not really a fan of the completely open, sticking-out ball joints on the back of the thighs either, but apart from those few things, I’d say this is very well-made.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, all painted pieces must be monochromatic, so you might have to quickly change out that mask.

I have simply ran out of those pieces in proper colours, I’m going to make a V2 when I get them

The mask is a placeholder, so I think that its colour doesn’t matter

4 Likes

Yee, Imma definately be voting this one.

Love the design really screams G1 titan set

1 Like

Very Michael Bay Transformers.

Also, the inked mask is really neat looking. I’ve always thought about taking a Citadel wash to masks, but never been sure how it’d turn out.

1 Like

It is a good entry, but the silhouette is too blocky for me. Good job regardless!

1 Like

You, my friend have earned yourself a vote.

1 Like

@ProfSrlojohn @TheCobaltCorsair @TheJerminator @Winger @Frigin @darkbrick999 @AlexanderTG @Tarkur @N01InParticular
Thank you so much for your kind words :star_struck:

@ToaFautann
Yea, Frigin’s one is truly the best.

TheJerminator’s right, it’s this piece: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2852&idColor=86#T=C&C=86

@Solaris_Magnus
Thanks! Does that mean that I can enter the Bufftakha's Gym?

@eldritchander

Hooray, I’m not the only one who sees that!

2 Likes

my one gripe is that the onua claws make it look like his skeleton is exposed but otherwise this is very nice

2 Likes

Really nice but he is a bit on the small side. Yeah, the Onua claws make him look kinda skeletal but other than that a very solid and compact build packed with detail. Good work!

2 Likes

No pain no gain. Grab some weights.

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

Number one as for me

1 Like

Love the hammer, it’s also the nice little details such as the spine that really bring it to together.

Overall a pretty solid build.
One of the better ones I’ve seen so far, best of luck to you!

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous. I haven’t submitted my entry yet, but if mine doesn’t win, yours will have my vote. Don’t think I’d get tired of looking at this beauty.

1 Like

Neat work on the greebling, spine-work, and hammer, man! :+1:

1 Like