Artakha - The Creator (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

This is my Artakha MOC! I am excited to be showcasing this figure for a canonization contest! This is the biggest and most challenging MOC I’ve put together.

Now for the front, back, and side view:

Here’s the frame of the MOC:

The legs have full articulation and range of motion:

I had a great time constructing this MOC, and I hope that everyone finds things that they like about it!
Please comment your thoughts!

26 Likes

i don’t really see an artahka in this, but it’s pretty neat
makes me think that this is where the G2 style was headed

6 Likes

This is a great Moc, but it doesn’t really feel that ‘Bionicle-y’ to me. I think it’s because of the absence of G1 parts.

6 Likes

Dude! LOVE the headdress and the combo of it and the mask!!

I do agree with @Kyle it doesn’t quite fit Artahka but it’s well made all the same.

But just with the aesthetic where you’re going with this I feel like he’d be totally part of a mural up on a wall, he has that sort of appeal. I really like this. This dude is very much worth something to be proud of.

1 Like

The over-the-top mask is just spectacular! The build is solid, if not G1-y enough.
Good job overall :smiley:

4 Likes

If you feel you have finalized this design and intend to enter it, then you will need to post a link to your entry topic in a post in the Artakha contest topic to enter.

Diggin the crazy head on this one, gives it lots of personality. Good build that’s not otherwise overcomplicated.

2 Likes

I don’t exactly know how to navigate this website.

You can follow this link and there, create reply like you did here by pressing the blue reply button at the bottom, and paste this link https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/artakha-the-creator-canon-contest-2-meet-the-maker/55592/ which is to this topic, intro the reply. Hope that helps.

I really like the headdress, but I feel like the rest of the body doesn’t fit that well into the g1 aesthetic because of the heavy ccbs usage. I don’t have anything against ccbs, I just think it should be used more sparingly in mocs that are meant to be g1 cannon (but I can understand if those were the only parts you had available).
I also feel like the rest of the body could use a few more gold accents to make the gold on the mask feel a bit less out of place.

3 Likes

The “this link” button doesn’t work.

the mask is so cool :smiley:

1 Like

Hey! I know you!

1 Like

Odd, seems the boards has issues linking to itself

BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker - #389 by ShadowBionics

Mask design is quite interesting. Unfortunately the rest of the build doesn’t fit it at all.

2 Likes

Whoa… that head caught me offguard!

1 Like

That headdress really is something, and it’s a really nice model - very striking colour-blocking. Unfortunately though it is almost entirely a CCBC build, which isn’t inherently bad, but is too far away from the G1 look.

You should be proud of this though, I can’t imagine how many bloody iterations of that headdress you tried!

2 Likes

There were at least 4 different versions I made, so I’m glad you like the final one!

Looks more like a G2 Toa build to me. The Headdress is interesting, though!

1 Like

To be fair the mask of creation wasn’t made for specifically for Artakha, so if anything it should make sense.

1 Like