Artakha, the guy that makes the stuff (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Holy Gadunka ._.

Not much more to say. Fantastic.

-Solaris Magnus

10 Likes

Man I love the back of him just as much as the front of him

2 Likes

would you like a vote good sir?

7 Likes

This is absolutely phenomenal. The level of detail, the colors, the silhouette… and that weapon is a work of art.

7 Likes

this is so Excellent! I want to vote him!

6 Likes

Ah, what the heck. It’s better than most entries so far. It’s got my vote.

(I’m also going to shill this project that I contributed to that calculated the exact height that an Artakha set should be)

5 Likes

Incredible work!

2 Likes

Somebody pinch me,—

We are simply not worthy of a MOC this AMAZING. :star_struck: :+1:

4 Likes

Nice, proportions shaping and so on. But what is with color scheme??? It is so messy and there is not much green (hey, the 60% of green guideline is still here). The hammer function and your detailed descripyion are unique, but those colors…
Also, I see the mechanical concept - and it is an appealing one, don’t get me wrong - but are those silver gears, raditors and stuff actually modifications or what? Like were they installed by Arthakha himself or by the Great beings? They add robotic athmosphere, but no really “high tech” thing.
CCBS pieces :grimacing:
All in all, it is still nice MOC, especially in shaping.

7 Likes

Mata Nui on a bike, this looks amazing! But… is there enough green?

5 Likes

Now we can skip the art portion. This is great as it is.

8 Likes

Easily the best so far!

2 Likes

This has my vote. Also, I love the title!

2 Likes

“CCBS bad”
there’s barely any CCBS in this moc

10 Likes

Sorry, sorry I’ve mistaped. I meant system pieces of course. There are plenty of them, and while I do not “dislike” using system pieces, but in large numbers they break the G1 aethstetic. And, actually, there are those CCBS shoulders…

4 Likes

It seems that everyone really wants Artakha to be gun-metal instead of his canon green.

7 Likes

Ah, we’ve reached the part of the contest where the MOCs are ridiculously detailed. Nice job. Wouldn’t say it’s the best way to greeble, but impressive nonetheless.

Speaking from personal experience, I don’t have enough of one green to make a workable Artakha MOV, so if I do enter (which is unlikely at this point, all I have is a hammer) I would have to lean on secondary colors to give him the proper size.

3 Likes

Besides, we can use the art portion of the contest to “fix it in post”, can we not?

Then again, “fix” is far too strong a word for a MOC as close to perfection as this. We’d just be re-coloring it a little, is all.

5 Likes

The 60% thing seemed to mostly be to make it easier for the artist to color correctly - whatever is green should be sand green on the final art work. Since this already uses sand-green, I don’t think any recolouring would be warranted, despite it not being the primary color. Tricky subject though.

-Solaris Magnus

6 Likes

Ok, I need to be honest with myself. The moment I saw this, it has skyrocketed to the number 1 spot!
I even approve of your excuse for making a big hammer. Nice workaround!

3 Likes