Artakha, the guy that makes the stuff (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Again, the color pallet can always be tweaked in the Art portion of the Contest. :+1:
I personally believe this build is just too perfect to let it slip by on account of something that can be adjusted. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the greebling is supposed represent the runes (or at least something like that). :slightly_smiling_face:
This might be the only build where we wouldn’t need an excessive amount of custom-printed-stickers to represent the intricacies of his armor. :+1:

I can just see it now:

“Artakha tinkered with his hammer, modifying it as he teleported to The Core Processor.”

‘’‘Creation is my essence,’ Artakha replied. ‘And you would destroy all that exists. I can’t allow that.’

Artakha extended his hand out to the side, the hammer he had brought along from his forge clasped within it. The next instant, it jutted outward, the handle extending to several times its original length, there was the sound of shifting metal as more parts emerged and folded into place at its head."

Then we hear mjölnir sound effects right before we cut away.

7 Likes

Also the custom mask has runes on it. I imagine the OC would’ve made those a different color if not for the contest rule saying the parts and mask can only be one color. The art contest can take liberties with making the mask look ornate and not just gunmetal. That’ll look pretty cool

2 Likes

I’m confused myself on the color palette thing. From my understanding, the art is only supposed to alter Green to Sand Green. Otherwise, they could chose to simply change whatever color they wanted, and the entire one shade of green only rule ends up being rather pointless. Perhaps I’m mistaken though! If so, then ya changing colors “in-post” in the art contest could easily shore up the single weakness in this excellent moc!

@Eljay could you clarify on the recoloration when you have a moment, if possible. Thanks!

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

We’ve seen the helryx art entries and how some of them didn’t look like the winning moc. If that’s allowed, I’m sure some color changes is okay for artakha in the art contest

Yes but how many people would actually change it if one like this were to win?

3 Likes

Hey all,

Just jumping in to clarify some things about coloration in the art contest. Obviously some artistic expression in terms of shading is allowed (AKA if someone uses a colored pencil that’s gold, for instance, that won’t necessarily match the exact shade of gold used in the MoC) or other minor inconsistencies. However, as far as outright wholesale recoloring is concerned, only the green can be recolored, and ONLY to sand green. In the case of this MoC, which already uses sand green, no recoloring would be allowed.

In other words, to use this MoC as an example, if you vote for this MoC, you’re voting for Artakha to be black, gold, silver, and green, and the art will feature more or less exactly the same color distribution and layering.

Hope that clarifies!

14 Likes

Well that’s sure to change some minds.

3 Likes

Not my mind. I like it with the gunmetal and green in it

1 Like

Ya, that’s what I thought. Thanks for clarifying. Regardless of color preference, this moc is truly a fantastic piece and one of the best mocs in recent memory. This is gonna one heck of a voting period!

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

Yeppers.

1 Like

Does this apply to the Kanohi, since this Kanohi is not the canon appearance?

If I vote for this, am I voting for a gunmetal Mask of Creation, or can the artist change the colour of the mask? (and only the mask)

Sorry if I came off as a complainer on here, I do have something good I want to say about the hammer though! I wish I would’ve added that on my own, I think it makes perfect sense for it to transform seeing as how the buildings in his realm can do so, and I think you pulled it off elegantly! As for all, best of luck during voting!

2 Likes

Good question, and definitely an important thing to make clear.

The mask CAN be recolored during the artwork portion.

8 Likes

It’s all good man, everyone’s got preferences.

4 Likes

Good to know. That doesn’t really change my opinion of this MOC, but that definitely helps me for some other ones.

1 Like

I saw this one on reddit, absolutely gorgeous build!

1 Like

Why wasn’t this added to the entry list yet?

I believe a re-upload for the main image due to small blurred area, should go up as soon as completed! @Mesonak @Eljay

-Solaris Magnus

Because we haven’t had a moment to. I’ll get to it when I can, other issue arose. The entry has been accepted.

1 Like

Ok, then. Thanks for the reply!