Artakha, the guy that makes the stuff (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Oookay, I’ve said it a lot, but this time I really mean it.

You have my top vote.

3 Likes

Mmm multiple back gears and “heart lights”. I like that.

The two side pistons around the narrow waist are very nice - it has hints of an up-scaled version of the Mata torso. Lore-wise it’s quite appropriate for elements of Artakha’s mechanics to appear in his creations, the Mata.

For balance, I’ll say I’m not really on board with the Mask of Creation being a dull grey. Doesn’t feel like a “creative” colour to me, though it does help the ancient feel. (Did it tarnish from a brighter original colour?)

We also know Artakha’s armour is covered in runes, which will have to be added in the art portion. But it’s hard to see where runes would fit on this build amongst the greebling, unless they are very small.

2 Likes

You read me perfectly on the colors; I’m glad.

With the three virtues symbol, I assume you mean the side of the hammer? I have to admit while it’s partly inspired by the symbol, it stops short of actually being it. When I was running through the options for parts to frame around the blue energy cap, I had an idea to try it with the two swirling claws but could never integrate two smaller blue dots on the sides in a satisfactory way. Without that I figured it wasn’t even worth mentioning as a selling point for the moc, so I’m impressed you actually caught that.

2 Likes

This is an incredible build, but there’s nowhere near enough green, to the point that I didn’t even notice it was there to begin with.

5 Likes

Hey, thanks so much for entering!

We were curious about some blurring in your entry photo, at the top of the hammer and the upper left corner of the mask. That blurring shows up in a couple other images. If you could elaborate, that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I really really want to love this moc, I mean I love the build, the poseability, the function, but I hate the color splashing, it is very inconsistent, and for me, breaks the moc’s whole aesthetics. It is awesome, and still one of the best of the entries, but without color consistency, it’s off.

5 Likes

I think the photo wasn’t focused right. Do you need a clearer one for the entry?

Gorgeous

2 Likes

i’m reading the comments on this one and i’m sorry but i’m not getting it. sure there are strong points (ie the chest i’m low-key pissed didn’t have a breakdown pic lol, not sure what that ring piece is), but god this looks so messy texturally. it really just feels like you started throwing random gold and sliver all over it. don’t get me wrong, i like the moc, just won’t be voting for it.

3 Likes

I like the three virtues symbol on the hammer.

2 Likes

For me, the colours go beautifully together, each one complimenting the other. But I guess it’s just a matter of preference.

3 Likes

My favorite so far. This one just screams Artakha to me. I love the detailing, and the multi-use hammer is just fantastic.

Excellent work!

2 Likes

It’s a mess.
But it’s a consistent mess. I think it works.

But there’s barely any green…

1 Like

Those gold and green pieces are all painted, right?

Again, the color pallet can always be tweaked in the Art portion of the Contest. :+1:
I personally believe this build is just too perfect to let it slip by on account of something that can be adjusted. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the greebling is supposed represent the runes (or at least something like that). :slightly_smiling_face:
This might be the only build where we wouldn’t need an excessive amount of custom-printed-stickers to represent the intricacies of his armor. :+1:

I can just see it now:

“Artakha tinkered with his hammer, modifying it as he teleported to The Core Processor.”

‘’‘Creation is my essence,’ Artakha replied. ‘And you would destroy all that exists. I can’t allow that.’

Artakha extended his hand out to the side, the hammer he had brought along from his forge clasped within it. The next instant, it jutted outward, the handle extending to several times its original length, there was the sound of shifting metal as more parts emerged and folded into place at its head."

Then we hear mjölnir sound effects right before we cut away.

7 Likes

Also the custom mask has runes on it. I imagine the OC would’ve made those a different color if not for the contest rule saying the parts and mask can only be one color. The art contest can take liberties with making the mask look ornate and not just gunmetal. That’ll look pretty cool

2 Likes

I’m confused myself on the color palette thing. From my understanding, the art is only supposed to alter Green to Sand Green. Otherwise, they could chose to simply change whatever color they wanted, and the entire one shade of green only rule ends up being rather pointless. Perhaps I’m mistaken though! If so, then ya changing colors “in-post” in the art contest could easily shore up the single weakness in this excellent moc!

@Eljay could you clarify on the recoloration when you have a moment, if possible. Thanks!

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

We’ve seen the helryx art entries and how some of them didn’t look like the winning moc. If that’s allowed, I’m sure some color changes is okay for artakha in the art contest

Yes but how many people would actually change it if one like this were to win?

3 Likes

Hey all,

Just jumping in to clarify some things about coloration in the art contest. Obviously some artistic expression in terms of shading is allowed (AKA if someone uses a colored pencil that’s gold, for instance, that won’t necessarily match the exact shade of gold used in the MoC) or other minor inconsistencies. However, as far as outright wholesale recoloring is concerned, only the green can be recolored, and ONLY to sand green. In the case of this MoC, which already uses sand green, no recoloring would be allowed.

In other words, to use this MoC as an example, if you vote for this MoC, you’re voting for Artakha to be black, gold, silver, and green, and the art will feature more or less exactly the same color distribution and layering.

Hope that clarifies!

14 Likes