Artakha, Undaunted Creator (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

Hey, Long time viewer, first time caller. I interpreted Artakha as looking like all the Great Spirit robots and prototypes, and built it on the idea of being Gray slash Green, and being both Gray and Green. He stands about one head taller than Brutaka and was an incredibly long labor of love.

Apologies about the quality of photos or lighting, I haven’t prioritized posting mocs in a long time. I hope you enjoy this model, and I’d appreciate any comments or votes in the contest!

After like 26 hours of panicked building, forgot to put deconstruction in the original post. Here they are, sorry about the phone angles.

19 Likes

Interesting take, Zany! Using trans-dark green especially sets this one apart. The complexion of the torso is subtle but intricate with the use of grey pieces, which warrants the use of the translucent elements. The MOC overall is fairly muted, so having a darker green highlight fits better than other potential shades. Definitely appreciate the poses the hands and they compliment the hammer. Also digging the great spirit robot inspired look.

Only gripes would be the sleekness of the feet in front, where the rest of the model is more greeble-d; and the use of the four g2 MoCr’s, which I’m not entirely put off by initially, but perhaps the repetition as the only gold components is what does it.

Solid MOC, good luck!
~Oonie

1 Like

Certainly I didn’t expect this shade of green in this contest, that is really interesting. I like the idea of the mask of creation piece as shoulders and knee pads but those are the only gols parts in the entire body of the Moc and I’m not sure about that. The whole silhouette is organic in some way, Idk why but it does.

@Eljay Updated with the breakdown shots, I hope those were what you guys were looking for in a breakdown.

Dang dude! It’s unfortunate you didn’t make the polls, this is a really cool take.

This is fantastic! I love the colours and complex construction.