BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker

Link to the post I’m thinking of. Didn’t want to call out a specific entry at first, because I don’t want to make it seem like I want the entry dq’d. My issue is with the rules, not any entry in particular.

1 Like

So then what is your recommended solution?

Hi y’all! It’s getting late but my entry is here! Artakha, Father of the Toa (Bionicle Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

2 Likes

Here is my entry. Good luck to all participants.

1 Like

So, I’ve given it a fair bit of thought, and my conclusion is thus:

Firstly: don’t publicly say “we’ll accept this, but might DQ it later.” Either accept it and keep an eye on it, without saying anything, or DQ it right out the gate. The way you have it set up right now, people will more than likely take what you’ve said as you saying “we’ll accept it, but DQ it if it does too well.” I know that’s not what you’re saying, but other people won’t see it that way. People will expect this moc to be dq’d if it wins round one, and especially if it wins round 2.

Second: having said all of that, I don’t think the moc I cited should be dq’d. Not because of any personal feelings on the moc, but because you’ve already said you’ll allow it. This is really only for future reference. Again, though, that’s my opinion.

7 Likes

Here’s my entry. I ordered all the parts really early on and at the time the Sand Green wasn’t set in stone, so I went with Trans Dark Green, but I have no qualms with it being recolored in a theoretical artpiece.

1 Like

I would say that, whatever decision you make, it should be made now. Either disqualify it, or state that you will not disqualify it.

Because what are the criteria that you are looking for to disqualify it? It does too good? It generates too much controversy?

Obviously, you guys aren’t going to disqualify an entry because it does better than expected, so it seems to me like you are willing to let it go as long as it doesn’t generate controversy. Which is fair.

But, it already seems that the entry will be the subject of controversy, based purely on the responses on the original post. And that controversy will only increase the farther it gets.

Really, the only way for it to not generate controversy is to be eliminated first round. So, to a particularly cynical person, it might appear that you guys are only going to allow the entry as long as it doesn’t win.

And I am reasonably sure that, no matter what the reason, any mid-contest disqualification is going to generate more controversy than the original entry ever could, even though that is entirely within your rights as the hosts of the contest.

Just so I am clear: I completely support your right to remove an entry at any point in the contest, especially if it becomes the subject of unexpected controversy. But, at least to me, controversy seems expected for this entry, so it would be better to nip that in the bud right now, rather than invite unnecessary accusations of ‘rigging’ down the road.

Of course, this is just me. Maybe I am completely wrong, and this entry will remain free of controversy. But I am providing an alternate perspective.

4 Likes

Thank you, that is exactly what I was trying to say, but you’ve said it much better than I managed.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

4 Likes

We’re on to the final (less than) 1 hour. I doubt there are going to be any more entries beyond this point, but rest assured that I’m very excited for the voting.

Maybe I’ll actually participate in the art maybe

4 Likes

There’s definitely going to be at least one more.

1 Like

My entry for the maker contest. I’d like to know how many of you are taking bets on how close we can get to the deadline.

2 Likes

A wise Window-washer once told me to produce work that’s like seeing a sea urchin in the desert, for it to be a novelty-.Too bad my entry isn’t any of those things

1 Like

Wow, two more.

I still say another.

1 Like

ufff, i hope I did well here is my entry for competition.

2 Likes

Here’s my Entry:

2 Likes

Man, I was really cutting it close there, I thought I still had two more hours. That’s time zones for you.

2 Likes

Here is my late entry for this contest.

2 Likes

Question, though: I tried accessing the link to the Stud.io file on Google Drive from a computer other than my own, and on that other computer, it said that I “need access” (as seen in the screenshot below). How do I fix it?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.