Av-Matoran in the 2003 style

Inspired by this i wanted to see what the official Av-Matoran would look like in the 2003 style, using Galva’s mata-style noble masks

and here’s the other 3 before they were turned into Kra-Matoran

and yes, I realized too late that i used the wrong piece for their hips :frowning: , but I wanted to give my CPU a break

16 Likes

Photok was so envious of Tanma’s fragile lime joints that he recolored his own legs to be green too.

8 Likes

lol, I didn’t even realize…

5 Likes

Very nice 2003 Av-Matoran. Always neat to see speculative revamps like these

5 Likes

i will say that i do think the MoLtoran are criminally underated - so these are always nice to see!
also wow these masks look pretty great!

7 Likes

MoLtorans are the greatest small figure design ever.

Yeah, maybe they’re clone sets, but that can easily be fixed by having different feet and arms.

Or maybe G2 small figure is better with the articulation and gear? I don’t own any G2 figures, so IDK, but I’ld love to see the next matoran figure iterate on the MoLtoran format while integrating the advantages of CCBS.

6 Likes

that gives me an idea…

but for now, here’s another thought experiment: a fixed Photok with his toa companion, Pohatu Phantoka in the 2003 style.

6 Likes

Question:

Why is every single orange Bionicle set of a different element?

1. Turaga Vakama - Fire
  2. Matoran Nupara - Earth
  3. Photok - Light
  4. Pohatu Phantoka - Rock
  5. Sahmad - Iron
4 Likes

Apparently the brown sets weren’t selling as well as the others, so they wanted a more eye-catching color. I was not a fan of that change, and really if they ever bring Bionicle back, one of the design goals need to be sticking to specific color schemes throughout all the waves in order to maximize the compatibility of parts (i.e. the Barraki were cool, but anything made with their uniquely colored pieces has a very limited color pallet, which in turn influences MOC designs)

3 Likes

Could you do this to other waves of matoran?

3 Likes

Counterpoint, Dark Orange ala Matoran Hewkii.

But yeah, some questionable things with Lego. Not to mention they added Ice and Rock to the classic 4 elements.

IDK, maybe use Gravity with purple to swap with Rock if browns don’t sell well? Or at least Iron? Inika Hewkii looks more like a toa of Iron than a toa of rock.

Plus, we need more purple Bionicle. I’ll say that Slizers/ 01 Rahi were more creative with their colours schemes than main Bionicle.

Take notes, G3 designers. Also, I’m not against Jungle/Plantlife element, ala Glatorians/G2. Just don’t retcon Lewa into Plantlife. But personally, I’m for G3 being new characters, with the old characters as Titan sets/ limited editions. Gimme Tahu as a veteran ala Lhikan in 2004.

4 Likes

maybe, if I have the right assets. which ones specifically?

3 Likes

the 2007 ones, not the red and blue ones.

3 Likes

4 Likes

These look really great!

3 Likes

a fixed Solek with his toa companion, KopakaPhantoka in the 2003 style.

3 Likes