Axonn & Brutaka Revamped

I’ve been posting MOCs here for some time now, and they’ve mostly been Toa- or Matoran-sized. Here’s my first attempt (outside of contests anyway) at some Titan-sized MOCs, with revamps of Axonn and Brutaka. At the moment, Studio does not have their masks, so I am using placeholders for the time being.

Key changes:
First off, I made them taller to scale with my other MOCs, namely the Toa. Axonn is slightly taller than Tahu, while Brutaka is significantly taller.

Also, in true Avaru fashion, both of them have gear functions. Axonn’s is in the waist, while Brutaka’s is in the shoulder.

Another thing to note is that I used the hand design from my Artakha contest entry since I thought it would work well for both of them, plus I thought the original Axonn’s fingers were way too big.

Credits
Biopack - SwampKryakwa & Lehvak Nuva
Colorpack - Swampkryakwa
Custom Parts - KhingK, Galva & VootCaboot

Studio Files
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AodcoUDvzhiw62mm4iyc80ys494n?e=F5fs6K

23 Likes

Trying to perfect perfection I see.

Let’s start with Axxon. It seems you mainly focused on the body. I like the idea of waste articulation, especially since the actual set can have neck mobility issues. I think the waist and hip section could both use small improvements. For starters, the black pieces sticking out the sides of the hips are a drawback for sure. I also think adding a little bit of bulk in the waist section would help the transition from waist to torso. Last thing is the hands and overall stature. I actually like the massive hands on the original. For me, that’s kind of what makes Axxon, Axxon. That also goes for his limb ratios. The large hands make his arms seem really long, and I liked that.

As for Brutaka, probably my favorite Titan. I think this is just a solid upgrade. I especially like the upper arm on this MOC. The normal upper arm on Brutaka always looks underdone, so I’m glad you changed that. This MOC kind of suffers from the same thing as Axxon. The hips have pieces that in my opinion, stick out too far, and make the transition from waist to torso awkward.

That was pretty much the only way to get the armour onto the waist, but I’ll see if I can improve that somewhat.

I guess that’s just a matter of personal preference. But I can see where you’re coming from with the arm thing. This MOC having a taller torso makes the arms shorter in comparison, so it might be worth me extending the upper arms.

The original set also had that hip construction, and I wanted to remain as true to the sets as I could. However, I could probably bulk out the torso a bit more to make it slightly less awkward.

1 Like

I really love these revamps, it feels very unique and artistic, Brutaka really feels dark and sinister now. I love Kanohis but the thing with lots of characters is that I think they should have their own unique alteration of the kanohi type once it’s placed on their face, so similar to eachother but not exact, doing this has actually given this intimidating factor to Brutaka now, you can’t tell me you wouldn’t atleast be quickly startled by him if you saw in him in the dark walking around some almost empty drylands. Axonn, I feel the same way, in the sense that this artistic revamp is just amazing.