Makuta Myrrhok

I’ve had this one on the backburner for a while now but never got around to posting. However, after the hot mess that was my Toa Metru revamps, I thought I’d post something (hopefully) better to redeem myself. So here’s Myrrhok, a Makuta and an important character in the backstories of several of my Dark Hunter MOC’s.

Bio
Myrrhok was the Makuta assigned to the island best known as the home of Toa Lesovikk, and was responsible for driving the island’s Turaga mad, causing him to ship the Matoran off to Karzahni. After Teridax revealed his plan, Myrrhok was one of the first to side with him, and was later tasked with decimating the population of the locations overseen by the Makuta who were opposed.

Myrrhok had his own team of Toa Hagah, all of whom were corrupted by his Mask of Charisma. In addition, he had created several species of Rahi, including a sapient insectoid species made to serve as hive queens, the most notable being the future Dark Hunter Myrmiga.

While a skilled manipulator, Myrrhok was less proficient in combat than most Makuta. He carried four toxic blades but rarely used them, instead preferring to cloud his opponent’s mind with fear, anger or confusion, then using poison to finish them off.

He would eventually meet his end at the hands of Marono, a survivor of his genocides. Despite his advantage in size and power, Myrrhok was no match for Marono’s sheer speed and skill. With his armour torn to shreds, his Antidermis had nowhere to go, and eventually dissipated. Marono gained somewhat of a reputation as a Makuta-killer, and was recruited into the Dark Hunters as a result.

Function
Myrrhok has a gear function operated by a lever on his back, causing each row of arms to move in opposite directions. He can also store a Kraata in his torso.

More Images

Height comparison with Tahu (my usual point of reference) and Brutaka, who is roughly the same height.

Credits
Biopack by SwampKryakwa & Lehvak Nuva
Colorpack by SwampKryakwa
Custom Parts by Galva & VootCaboot
Backgrounds by Vahkiti

26 Likes

Hey don’t feel down about the Metru revamps. We are all a bunch of fans with our own opinion on BIONICLE, and sometimes I feel like we are slow to want to accept differences.

That aside, I like the green aesthetic of this moc. Until G2, there wasn’t really a titan that incorporated a lot of a transparent element into its design, and I really like the claws and blades. Another thing I appreciate is the spiky design of this guy! He has a unique silhouette, which works wonders for him as a character. I also like that his design is simple, He could easily pass for an official LEGO titan. You even incorporated those horrible Hordika legs into his design without it looking bad. That is an amazing feat in its own right. Also gear functions are BASED.

Thanks for sharing your work, well-received or not. I think it’s cool that you can make this and make it well!

1 Like

i think it looks good
one thing that i do want to say, however, is that with some of your mocs, it feels like you’re trying to go for a early-g1 aesthetic, which i don’t think fully works. i feel like if you’re gonna go for that look, then you should limit your parts to ones made before whatever year you’re trying to make the moc look like it’s from. if that’s not the look you’re going for, i would suggest to try to fill in more gaps with newer parts, and just use more newer parts overall.
at any rate, it looks good. keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I guess, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement, namely cleaning up the look and getting rid of the diapers. Proportions are more of a subjective thing and given that they’re revamps of existing characters it’s gonna be hard to please everyone.

The trans-green was to emphasise the toxic and unnatural elements to his design, and the G2 resemblance is intentional.

Not sure it’s that unique, given how much in common he has with Nocturn, including the spine and the four arms.

That’s usually what I aim for with my MOC’s, though some manage to do it better than others.

Yeah, Hordika legs are pretty situational, but one of the things they’re good for is helping give MOCs a skeletal appearance, which is what I was going for here.

If you like that kind of thing, look through my post history and you won’t be disappointed.

Well, sort of. I try to give my mocs elements from different points in G1’s run. For instance, my Toa builds are meant to be a cross between the Mata and Inika builds, combining the various strengths of both to find a middle ground between them. Of course, it’s not gonna work for everyone though. But I get what you mean about filling in some of the gaps.

1 Like

i guess more what i don’t like is specifically when people put ccbs in mocs trying to mimic the g1 style

1 Like

That’s fair, but that’s also a pretty subjective opinion. It would be a hard sell for a canon contest, but fortunately, this is a moc for a fanfic. I hesitate to say shells don’t belong in a G1 moc, because I’ve seen them used in some nice ways. This Makuta doesn’t even have any shells, it only evokes the feel of Umarak or a Skull creature.

I mean I’m just happy it looks good AND has a technic function. I think it’s good to bring up criticism and suggestions, but don’t let your preference stop you from appreciating this creation.

1 Like

I mean yeah that is a good point, I’ve seen plenty of G1 mocs that use ccbs and the results are a bit of a mixed bag. Some end up looking worse for it, but others are able to pull it off surprisingly well.

Again, depends how it’s used. I’ll say that using ccbs would be a big no-no for me for the Hagah contests, but look at the winning Artakha, there’s quite a lot of CCBS and even a bit of Ben 10 sprinkled in there and it still looks good.

It’s not like he doesn’t appreciate it, it’s perfectly valid to give criticism on a moc you like. If I see a moc I think is really good but there’s something about it that I’d change, I won’t hesitate to say it. Point is, it is possible to appreciate something and criticise it at the same time, and if anything, it’s something I would encourage.

it looks cool but there’s no way that those legs would hold if this were physical.
I mean stability doesn’t really matter if you’re building digitally but the point still stands.

1 Like

glad you agree. i guess a good example is that if someone was trying to make a moc that looks like it could’ve been sold next to makuta ‘03, you wouldn’t want to put a bunch of parts from a star wars constraction figure in it is all. consistency, y’know?

1 Like

Those hands really rock! The guy looks brutal despite his manipulative nature. The MOC itself is pretty nice and consistent, back especially. His legs are very skinny though. They kinda fit Makuta character, but I believe some bulk might be benefical for his appearance.

1 Like