Bad Company (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Bomonga - Toa of Earth
Bomonga wears gold armor to signify his role as a deputy leader of the Toa Hagah. His mask of growth is shaped after an Elda to pay respect to the Toa on Jovan’s team who guided them to the mask of life. His speartip seemed appropriate as it resembles a jackhammer. The only custom parts required to build him are the mask and the speartip, which requires painting.

• I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
  • I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
  • I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
More images

Gaaki - Toa of Water

Gaaki wears silver armor instead of gold to prevent her from being mistaken for a Toa of Psionics. Her chest armor mirrors that of Iruini, and represents the currents of water. Her speartip resembles a Takea fin and her shoulder armor resemble shellfish or coral. Keeping with the aquatic theme, her mask as shaped after an Arthron, the mask of sonar, whose mask power is thematically close to her mask of clairvoyance. The only custom piece required is the mask - the speartip exists in pearl light gray, which is close to flat silver.

• I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
  • I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes, but not to gold)
  • I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
More images

Kualus - Toa of Ice

The choice of pearl dark gray armor color was made for the last two Toa Hagah, due to lack of part variety and for aesthetic reasons. I wanted to avoid using gold for Kualus so he wouldn’t look like a Toa of Light. Pearl dark gray could be thought of as “black ice” in this case. Due to his fascination towards Rahi, Kualus’ mask is shaped after Keetongu. Despite my disliking of the scoped mask stereotype for ice Toa, this mask felt perfect for his character. It also flows well into the chest armor. The mask is the only fully custom piece, but the speartip and the shield would have to be painted.

• I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes, but not to gold)
  • I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
More images

Pouks - Toa of Stone

Pouks is built like an athlete - his armor resembles that of an American football player. His mask choice reflects this both aesthetically and thematically, as the Calix permits their user to function at peak performance. It also flows really well with his armor. There is no real thought behind his spear, other than that it is a fairly common piece, which could be painted if need be. Gold armor would not have looked good on him, due to his warm color scheme, hence the pearl dark gray armor alongside Kualus. The mask is the only fully custom piece, but the speartip and the shield would have to be painted.

• I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
More images

Height comparison

Background artwork for the entry photos were taken from The Art of BIONICLE: Gallery:The Art of BIONICLE - BIONICLEsector01

Masks used can be found here:

For Stud.io, Biopack, The Galvapack, and KhingK pack were used:

And finally, here is the Studio file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lyOHgqV11eLB1jFqZPKw419htgT-QbJE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for checking out my entries and good luck to everyone!

29 Likes

I really like that you filled out the Metru pelvis, instead of leaving one or two pinholes exposed! A lot of entries have been sorely lacking that, which just makes for a less interesting torso build IMO.

Nice job! I really like Bomonga and Gaaki!

Feet as shoulders? why not.

In all seriousness, these are good mocs

Love the enhanced Hagah design and mask on Pouks.

Update: Also really into Bomongo and very into that shoulder design