Battle for the Gold Mask - the biggest MOC contest held by the LEGO Group!

The red colors are rubber bands. It made me do a double check too. :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as I know, this technique was first used for a winning design in the old “Dark Hunters” book/contest.

1 Like

You reference Vanisher. And I doubt that model was unmodified Technic; I see a few impossible things.
Edit: I meant on Vanisher, not Matoro’s MOCCBS.

Are you sure?
I don’t see anything that stands out to me as modded

1 Like

Yes. On both of Vanisher’s hands, there is a white rubber band connecting the white claw to the Bohrok tooth. On Vanisher’s right hand, you can clearly see that the rubber band goes through the hole in the Bohrok tooth. There is no way these two circles could be connected unless one was " opened", or broken. I suspect it was the Bohrok tooth, as it would be hard to open the rubber band whilst still maintaining its function. This is something I noticed long ago. In the picture, it’s impossible to see his left hand, but the right had is clearly impossible.
Look for yourself here:

2 Likes

Hmm. I thought those were simply pulled through the Bohrok tooth and attached to something else.

I just realized I’ve yet to comment on this publicly.

I will be entering into this, although my hopes of achieving any form of victory are pretty minuscule. My MoC is finished; I just need to take photos of it.

-Mesonak

6 Likes

Everything except “I just realized I’ve yet to comment on this publicly” and “Mesonak” applies to myself as well.

2 Likes

So after building an Ice monster and a fire monster, I though ‘why not go the whole 9.5 yards and do a monster for water, rock, jungle, and earth as well?’ So I think I will.

That poor innocent Matatu! :frowning:

BTW is the clay (Play Doh) or marker?

What are you even talking about?

It’s not clay…
it’s not marker…
its a Rubber band and some System spikes

Ok, I couldn’t tell by the angle of the picture, It’s now acceptable in my eyes now. :wink:

Last night I built another villain. I have also been modifying my other real life entry and working on the rendering of my LDD entry.

I too am on my second build for the contest. The Master of Shadow is done, the Master of Bone is in progress…

Been very busy, but i got an armor design working.

Wira is nearly done… Need to touch up on the armour and stuffs.

Place to share our entries - so might as well share the one I entered today :stuck_out_tongue:

Entry 1; Unnamed Ruler Of Okoto

Image Gallery

“Once the mighty ruler of the island of Okoto this master fighter has been warped by the Mask Of Ultimate Power. He now travels Okoto seeking the power of the elements in order to restore himself to his former form”

Entry 2; Shadow Hunter

Image Gallery

“With Makuta in slumber he uses his Mask Of Control to send the fearsome Shadow Hunter to collect the golden masks of power, yet the Shadow Hunter has plans of his own…”

3 Likes

I didn’t make anything, nor did I feel like entering, anyways. Oh well. For now, i’m just gonna focus on my BIONICLE stuff.

Goes to writing…

3 Likes

In that case, I’ll send you a picture of me triumphantly holding the gold mask :stuck_out_tongue: