Biggest Personal BIONICLE Regret

Trusting lime joints at all.

Well, okay, I guess I don’t really have BIONICLE regrets, except maybe that I never got Nokama Hordika or Nuju Hordika. My brother didn’t either, though I’m pretty sure we both had all the others. Not that the Hordika were anything special in retrospect, but still…

Don’t regret it. Titan Mata Nui sucks and always will.

4 Likes

Getting rid of my copy of BIONICLE: The Game.

4 Likes

There, fixed it for you.

4 Likes

I mean if that’s your biggest regret I guess you haven’t made too many mistakes.

3 Likes

See, you say this, but I’m not typical in this regard.

Judge the game by its objective quality as you will, but in the grand scheme of Bionicle video games, it’s the closest we ever got to what everyone has always wanted: a third-person action-adventure game.

For me it also nailed the tone and aesthetic. Bionicle Heroes seemed very out of touch with the actual themes of Bionicle, and there were no other major console releases. The music is second only to the movies.

It’s all major nostalgia for me, and even on repeat play-throughs I found myself enjoying the game. Sure, it’s easy, lacks depth, can be cheap sometimes, is a little too fast-paced, and is obviously missing a lot of content. but I very honestly love the game.

It’s an important part of Bionicle history for me, and I regret that I let the community’s opinion factor into my decision to sell it.

Granted, I could just buy it back since it’s dirt cheap, but that original one did mean quite a bit to me in retrospect.

6 Likes

you say that, but first-person bionicle vr is what I’ve always wanted

5 Likes

I only said it as a joke, I didn’t legitimately mean that (Although I guess it’s hard to tell online), the story imo was pretty iffy but the game itself had some fun moments albeit pretty short and a cool atmosphere. I did appreciate it for what it was and it’s a shame they didn’t release the Metru Nui sequel.

4 Likes

mine is being pretty detached from the lore and not getting any sets for most of 2006-2009. it was the big reveal of mata nuis body reawakening and makuta taking over that drew me back in and i started getting invested again with the bara magna plot,

hell i missed so much important info, like i was like WTF when i found out about the makuta being a species and not just one dude

2 Likes

I have remembered what my BIONICLE regret is. As a kid in maybe 2006 or 2007, I was at a LEGO club meeting at the LEGO store in Schaumburg, IL. I don’t remember what the activity was, but it was certainly building something, and, in the parts bin, was a Disk of Time. I didn’t take it because I didn’t know what it was or how much I’d end up wanting it later. I did pilfer a teal Mata foot which is in use on one of my MOCs. Darn I wish I had that disk.

4 Likes

I’ve got like four of those

2 Likes

Would you send me one if I paid shipping?

3 Likes

Fun fact, this happened to me again a week or two ago. :upside_down_face:

One day, my big axe boy, one day…

4 Likes

Not buying a complete-ish Sub Slizer in a charity shop, because i had no idea what it was and dismissed it as junk. it was only like 10p though, so that annoys me to this day.

2 Likes

Buying the Nexo-knights araon battle suit instead of Umarak tH FOR ONLY $5!!!

2 Likes

For me, it’s probably losing interest in Bionicle in 2005. I missed out on the Toa Inika, which are probably my favourite Toa. One day I hope to own a full set of them.

2 Likes

Not buying them when they were cheap on EBay.

2 Likes

I can think of three major regrets:

1. Not getting involved with more canon contests way back in the day. I was very insecure, and didn’t think I was good enough for it. Realistically, I wasn’t, but I let my low self esteem interrupt my joy of what I loved, and get in the way of my chance to offer something to my favorite story, which I still very much wish I could do.

2. Giving all my Bionicles and Legos away in my early 20s because I was in a depression and felt my life wasn’t moving forward because I wasn’t acting mature enough. I gave them to a kid who sold them a couple years later. He used the money to buy cooler toys, like sneakers and clout.

3. In 2007, I pressured my friend into letting me cut the arms off his Piraka’s spines. I wanted to play with them in sea snake form without damaging my sets. Worse still, he actually worked a paper route to afford his sets, and I just convinced my parents to buy mine. This one is actually making my stomach hurt a little right now I should call him up and apologize

8 Likes

I feel your pain, Wekua. I actually cut my Piraka arm spines off for a short film I did a while ago. I regret it and at the same time I don’t. I’m never giving my original Piraka away and I can connect their spines with multiple lego pieces to recreate their original look.

My film here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeSyaa-6Uec&t=290s

Also… YOU GAVE AWAY ALL OF YOUR BIONICLE’S??? I’d be depressed as Karzahni if I did that!

5 Likes

Verizon Wireless is a Thumbs Down company that always stops working for me® and won’t give me enough bandwidth to watch that so I’ll have to check it out tomorrow with WiFi or something

Ironically that is both the cause and result of my having done so

1 Like

Well, you’re here now, got lots of people to talk to or who can just listen. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My biggest Bionicle regrets?

Well, firstly not being interested in it back in the day. I certainly enjoyed playing the flash games on the Lego site but other than that I wasn’t particularly engaged. Then again, the tone was darker by 2006-2008 so it may not have been the most suitable toy for little me.

Other regrets include just letting my stop motion ideas, remain merely ideas. If I had started when I intended then I’d be celebrating 6 years of work…maybe I’ll make it all real some time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I wish I got more masks when they were cheaper. I remember not pursuing a bulk lot that had a green kaukau in it, those by my standards, are hard to get.

6 Likes