BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

To me Skull Slicers description feels like it’s from old Bionicle. :open_mouth:

Nostalgia ensues.

12 Likes

If Skull Grinder sees the golden masks as threats, does that mean he might also be looking to melt the gssm eventually?

7 Likes

I really like some of these backstories. Looks like Skull Grinder and Skull Slicer have some interesting backstories, but Slicer especially.

10 Likes

Kulta’s a pretty good name.

4 Likes

I guess so, though I think it means just the main three masks. Think of him as a Bohrok I suppose, destroying the most powerful masks to prevent anyone misusing them… at least that is my headcanon.

7 Likes

So, I looked up Kulta. It’s slang for gold or golden.

Or darling.

Skull Grinder is a She!

/s

9 Likes

Slicer’s whole backstory on being an “unbeatable champion” and was “loved by the inhabitants of Okoto” is pretty striking. Did this guy become a famous gladiator in the distant past? It seems like it. And now because LOSS is controlling him, he has no choice but to try and steal the masks under LoSS’s control.

What a tragedy!

8 Likes

Theme for the inevitable fan art with LoSS

Poor Lord Garmadon :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, they have similar backstories in that they were good people originally, got controlled/manipulated somehow and forced into doing things they didn’t want to do. Not exactly the same, but the four arms also just reminds me of that

(Sorry about the double post almost - got mixed up between this and a pm)

6 Likes

I think that the LoSS is like the rahi/bohrok and SG is like the bohrok kal because he is trying to steal the toa’s elemental powers making them powerless and corrupted. This first wave seems like it is loosely based of the bohrok and bohrok kal, at least to me.

7 Likes

Say, would you mind joining me in theorizing on Theories and Analysis? (Again, it’s the issue with Double Posting).

Done :3

Yeah, can see the resemblance.

Also… more importantly;

http://i.imgur.com/pHvQxlh.png

(Lego shop UK for those wondering)

7 Likes

Slicer’s backstory = <3

5 Likes

So:

1. Kulta–interesting name. I’m glad Grinder isn’t some nameless generic villain.

2. So Slicer is a single entity…I want more backstory. NOW!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3. LOSS is back…shame, 'cuz I hated him. :stuck_out_tongue: but really, I’m glad to see the Skull Spiders aren’t out of the story yet.

7 Likes

Kulta = Gold in Finnish

5 Likes

AH!! Thats why the protector masks are duel-colored! THE’RE UNPOWERED!!! THATS WHY the golden masks in the summer wave are like that!!! they are being drained of their power!!! and soon to be as powerful as protector masks! or to be turned to masks made of colored crystal! and made weaker to be more easily destroyed!!!

4 Likes

“Stay gold, Kulta boy.”
I’m so sorry about that.
Also, LOSS RETURNS 2015! Vote LOSS for ancient city Governor 2016!
EDIT: Kulta is part of the cult of the skulls, LOSS is founder of the IllumiLOSSi. It’s just a giant cult war between the two.

13 Likes

As a side note, the name I predicted Kulta - SG was very similar to the one I gave, which is Runga. okay, it not that similar but hey, it still as good!

Kulta

Runga

Still pretty good, I guess.

the stupid spam filter hid my original comment!!!

I am very interested in these backstories, though particularly the fact that Skull Grinder has his own backstory. Perhaps he will play a larger role in the summer animations and novels alongside Kulta, whereas the Skull Bashers and Scorpios are just hordes of undead creatures.

I also had an idea regarding the Bashers and Scorpios, considering that there seem to be many of them, rather than being individual beings. The idea being that maybe they were part of the fauna living around/in the ancient city, but a large sum of them were wiped out during the events that forced the Protectors to leave the city, allowing Kulta to use them in his army.

5 Likes

Mmm I don’t think that applies to the protectors. Normal villagers have a solid color and they don’t have powers. In their case its probably still just for style.

6 Likes

The protectors still have powers in their masks. In fact, they used them in order to shape Okoto in the way it’s shaped now (via first Lego Magazine of 2015). And Protector of Fire even used it to make images to Tahu about Okoto. So the masks are not powerless, in fact the Protector masks are pretty OP if they can shape an entire island.

8 Likes