BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

You are basing all of this on real world logic.
BIONICLE does not follow real world logic. Your argument is invalid. /s
But yes, I admit, it never says the Skull Spiders are dead, and yeah, I admit that was a bad analogy. I was just trying to say that there could be undead things outside the city.

Why do people keep saying this?! I checked the book. They are only ever called “Scorpios” in Pohatu’s one line of dialogue. That’s it. Everything else calls the Skull Scorpios or creatures or monsters.

Complaining about Ekimu’s voice in episode 15 won’t change his voice in episode 15. But complaining about it can get Ekimu’s voice changed in the future. No one came into this expecting a flawless masterpiece, but simply because it’s low budget doesn’t mean we have to excuse every single one of the flaws the animations have. We didn’t do it for Birdemic, did we? This will sound obnoxious, but there are fan videos with a higher level of quality than some of the animations do. That doesn’t mean the animations are horrible, but it should raise an eyebrow when something made with a budget of $0 is better than something with a budget of $50,000+.

Subjective Opinion!

Could you please reword what you’ve just said?

There are exceptions that can be made given the low-budget nature of the animations. That does not mean that the flaws do not exist and that we should not point them out.

1 Like

Would you mind giving proof of that statement, because its hard to belive that if you do not have any links, that and it does sound like you are calling the story of Bionicle G2 for a poorly made story that even a three year old could make more interesting.

though its not like it matters, LEGO would most likely not care for the complaints, because they would most likey take it as “proof” that no want Bionicle back and would just use that as an exuse to cansel Bionicle again after the third year…

Thats a complaint i have heard allot from some people who dislike something because of the changes, and thus consider the new thing to bring the death of their favorite franchise. I could tell you what i am talking about, but that would be off topic.

That’s half of it, and…

Proof of which statement? Please be specific. If you’re asking for details on how big the budget is, $50,000 was an estimate. I have no clue how large the budget for the animations was. If you want a list of fan videos that exceed the quality of some of the minisodes (which is what I originally stated) I would be happy to give you a list.

I never said the story was poorly made. It has its ups and downs, but it’s not the writing quality of a three-year-old.

Do you know how companies work?

1 Like

Thats what i was asking for

No, but i have seen how fans can be in this matters, and to say that its depressing is an understatement, its like they allways expect to get great things and that companies should do what they say that they should be like, i have seen people having a negative look on the G2 story, and to many, its more like a copy of the old Technic sets than Bionicle with bionicle names and objects placed randomly into the story to cover the fact that its not Bionicle but a remake of Slicers or something similar.

also my words are more like how fans of the Overlord gaming franchise have reacted on the Fellowship of Evil game, and thats the fate many of those fans have desited to be the most likey out come for their favorite franchise.

No one expected the animations to be masterpieces, but if fans don’t voice their opinion they won’t get better. Constructive Critism is necessary to improve a product and this is no exception.

It’s not that we are unappraicative of the animations, we like them. And because we like them we want to see them get better. Just saying “I love the animations” will maybe convince Lego to keep making them, but why would they change the quality if you don’t have criticism?

Of course LEGO care about complaints, complaints tell them what needs to be changed. Have you seen other toy messageboards? Companies look at the fan reaction and change things accordingly. Just an example: Back at Botcon 2013, Funpub (The company that makes the exclusives) released a mockup of a figure. A figure with screaming lime and red, boy was it ugly. Naturally we fans expressed our distaste and a few weeks later they changed the colors to something more appealing.

I suspect this has been Dum!Dum!'s first experience at creating a series, all the other projects they’ve worked on have been shorts or commercials. If they keep the same team from next year I hope that newfound experience helps them create better animations.

7 Likes

I love you
You have finally given proper, excellent critique.

4 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive
Lewa discovers Axalara T9
Pohatu discovers Rockoh T3
Antroz hijacks Jetrax T6
Glatorian Battle
The Krana
Then there’s countless other short films made by people like iBIONICLE and CallonLoF, I only gave you examples from Vrahno and TheBohrokMan. Of course, these were created in spare time (meaning, no major budget constraints) and do not have the limitations that the animations do (length, actual plot, etc).

Sorry, I don’t understand what you’re saying.

1 Like

Even though some problems are excused, some subjective problems will still stay. That’s perfectly fine.

Shaddup

Obviously you can point out the flaws in an organized friendly way, which is alright. However, being a lazy bum and just complaining about how much this or that sucks without realizing that’s it’s not a masterpiece is not good.

1 Like

Paradoxes are ALWAYS a good idea

Metaphorical story time…

One time, I was watching a Game Theory, then looked at the comments. One person had made a comment along the lines of “Where is the FNAF 4 theory?”, and about twelve people said “Why is everyone asking about FNAF? Just stop it!” Then, about twelve people ranted about how twelve comments about “There are too many FNAF comments” were made because of one FNAF comment. Basically, everyone overreacted to one comment, then everyone overreacted to the overreactions, causing a swing between positive and negative feelings toward something. This is exactly what’s happening here. People are overly negative, people make fun of the overly negative people, people assert their right to criticize, people disagree about critiques, and it just escalates. People say “Why is everyone criticizing this?” when there is actually an even split between supporters and criticizers. The only way to really avoid this is to not make generalizations. Say “Some people think this is good, but I don’t like it”, not “Everyone says its good” Also, keep in mind that the minority of devoted fans and haters are usually more vocal than more neutral people, and are more likely to be heard. Although I am kind of guilty of the things I’m ranting about in this rant (I’m making tons of generalizations), I suppose that’s the spirit of paradoxes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Paradox Overload!

1 Like

It’s me! Except it’s not…

2 Likes

If it’s perfectly fine that the subjective problems will stay, why are you complaining that people do not like the subjective problems?

That awkward moment when you have nothing to respond to my point with.

Apart from the “masterpiece” thing, this is exactly what I’ve been saying the entire time. I think people are aware the episodes are not a masterpiece when they’re criticizing them, though =P

Alright, Swagmeister and Sonara. I believe that is enough. You’ve made your points.

6 Likes

I agree with @Sonara the story is awful, and its all because of the Animation, the animation is what kills the story for G2, because of the 90 seconds limit and the use of only one voice actor, the story is made awful and the fact that it have to be considered canon will also ruin the story for those who want to write for it, because of the animation, the books will have little room to expand the story without going non canon with the story, and thus many of the elements in the books can at times feel forced because it was forced in the animation too.

the Villains are also ruind because of this, They all comes of as being weak no bodies who are barly coming of as a serious threat to the Toa, Skull Slicer should have been a serious challenge to the Toa, heck even the music i chose for him on my Music Topic gives him more of a personality than what the Animation did or the book. The fact that the Villains are beaten so easly makes them also come of as more like an annoyance to the Toa.

Oh, and before you all go and say that Skull Grinder is a more serious threat than the other skull villains, well thats because the plot wants him to come of like that, and also because the Toa where morons, because they all charged at the villain like one, and where then beaten as one with one hit of Skull Grinder’s staff. Give the villains more room to grow, let Skull Grinder have a personality and make him more serious, heck here is one way to make Skull Grinder a more interesting villain, have him being the only living member of the Skull Villains (by living i do mean as a living being), which makes him a necromanser and also have him be a sort of Worshiper of Makuta, have him revive Makuta from his slumber, which makes the Toa’s journey seem like a loss at first, but then Ekimu could cheer them up and have them prepare for their future hunt for Makuta.

What i am trying to say is that the villains need to be more interesting, in the Books the protectors builds up the Lord of Skull Spiders as a serious threat in their eyes, but then you have the battle and the animation, and he comes of as a pathetic losser. who is easly beaten up and thrown of the bridge into the deep mist bellow.

1 Like

I’m just glad we got a Mask Maker set in person. Lile in Gen 1 we got all the masks and stuff and we never knew who or what made them. Later we found out it was Artakha but we never got him as a set. Now we got a little more in hand along with the story. But then again I still think it is too early to judge the reboot. It still can be better.

1 Like

Hey, woah, I didn’t say the story was awful. It’s just not as great as it could be, that’s for sure. Awful? For a kid’s story, not really.

5 Likes

but its so poorly made, the easter eggs are even porly done, in the winter wave of the animation, the use of the Vahi, made people think that is served some importance in the plot instead of being just an easter egg, they could just have used the Vahi once, and then have used other masks, like the mask of life, mask of shadows and so on.

The animation should just have been used for the commercials, not as a way to tell the story, because it makes restrictions to the book writers, it just makes the story weaker, and thus hurts it.

It feels as if LEGO have made more restrictions on the plot of Bionicle G2 for some strange reasons, maybe because they would probably want more control over the story unlike G1.

1 Like

And here is great example of someone blindly bashing on the story for no reason.

Instead of insulting everything. Try giving actual criticism. Like, say what they could to to fix it in your eyes.

10 Likes