BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

No, it really wasn’t. All we know is Pohatu and Onus fought them outside the ancient city. Perhaps a few left the city via the bridge.

2 Likes

I mean, can’t we just assume that the ones that were fought in the other regions were living versions of them?

I would just say use the focus lenses more.

I would say use the enemy perspective more.

Budget.

I think Budget.

Budget.

yesplease

You can’t really fit a lot of battle-sauce into 90 seconds.

Budget? I have no idea for this one.

Retracting 1st comment…

1 Like

Then, by that logic, the Skull Spiders the Toa fought are all alive. Just because it’s not in the city doesn’t mean it’s not undead.

the skull spiders could be alive for all we know, we don’t know if they’re undead or not

2 Likes

Maybe I just don’t understand how much lego needs to pay for it’s resources and employees, but isn’t this a multibillion dollar company?

I can’t imagine that these simple improvements would deal out that much damage (especially considering how much the lego movie made).

6 Likes

It’s not just Lego, it’s also the studio that makes these animations. We don’t know how much staff they have, how much time they can spend working on the animations, how tight their schedule is, how expensive narrators are for different languages, or how experienced they are at making at these sort of things.

Bottom line: Its not just about money. And as such I don’t know how much these animations can improve if the situation is the same next year.

3 Likes

Even if the animations might or might not be extremely low budget, they’re still pretty good. They do what they’re supposed to do.

1 Like

Decided to make this.

Steven Universe fans would understand.

2 Likes
9 Likes

I just noticed, on the very last few frames of this scene, Pohatu loses his mouth!

GG animators

14 Likes

Steven Universe fan here.
I don’t get it.

Is it because garnet is stoic like kopaka?

1 Like

PLOT TWIST That’s G1 Pohatu and they ripped his mouth off because of his corny jokes!

3 Likes

Like Deadpool from X-Men Origins Wolverine? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I probably wasn’t clear on this one, what I meant was: “Are the Scorpios we see in the sets undead, or are they the true form of Scorpios?”. I haven’t read the book, so I don’t know exactly how deep it goes.

By this logic, I need to adjust to Ninjago’s endless retcons in order to like it more? That’s a very obvious sentiment, but it’s also silly once you start using it a lot of situations. Don’t like brocolli? You just have to adjust to like it. Don’t like Justin Beiber? You just have to adjust to like it. See what I’m getting at?

3 Likes

Exactly, but we should get back on topic. Don’t want to be preyed upon by the Mod Squad!

1 Like

What I’m trying to say is that if you know it might be bad, then try to adjust yourself so you can like it more. If you don’t like broccoli, there’s not really anyway to adjust to that. Drown it in spices or something. Don’t like Justin Beiber?.. don’t even adjust to him. At all. In fact, now that I think about it, those 2 examples don’t exactly fit that well. Except Beiber. You have a point.

While I may not have worded it as well as I should, here’s the thing directed towards everyone who complains about the animations:

“It’s low budget. It’s obviously not going to reach the quality you wanted. Okay. Don’t just sit there and complain about how much you hate this. You knew it might be bad and if it is, complaining about it sure isn’t doing any good, right? In order for you to actually like it a bit, you have to adjust. This isn’t going to be a masterpiece, it’s low budget, so stop acting like it’s supposed to be a masterpiece.”

Of course the animations aren’t exactly good but looking at it in a different perspective it looks cool and is cool.

TDLR: What did you expect? A masterpiece? It’s not so don’t act like it is. It might not be good, but if you can get past that, it may or not be better.

Onua and Pohatu say they encountered “Scorpios”–not “Skull Scorpios”. So the ones in the Ancient City are dead; the others were alive.

6 Likes

People are basing this assumption on one line where Pohatu says “I hate Scorpios”. I sincerely believe the two Toa actually encountered Skull Scorpios.

1 Like

I think “I hate Scorpios” on its own wouldn’t have passed as evidence that the scorpios are native. It’s the fact that both Onua and Pohatu mention they encountered Scorpio’s (with no mention of skulls) during their quest. Yet Ryder describes the attacking Scorpio’s as Skull Scorpio’s. This is why people believe Scorpio’s are a native species, which makes sense. They are meant to be decaying, undead Scorpio’s, so any Scorpio’s encountered deep within the earth or out in the sand dunes could be living Scorpios.

Yes, they most definitely are. As stated by LEGO the skull spiders developed their powers, which takes evolution to happen, this can only happen to a species of living organisms, if all of them were dead and always had been since Kulta created them or whatever, they wouldn’t be able to go down an evolutionary path. Inorder for evolution to happen the Skull Spiders have to breed, lay eggs and let these eggs hatch into more skull spiders. One skull spider will be have a single attribute different to the others, then this skull spider will breed etc… These are very clearly living and native creatures. I dont know where you got the idea that the skull spiders were dead, as it’s never suggested anywhere.

6 Likes