BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

Something something Piraka Rap

2 Likes

I don’t think we will, sadly. They seem to have gone solo after BIONICLE’s cancelation.

Enough of the Pun joke stuff. As Kahi said, this is a discussion, not a chat.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the post that you’ve mentioned?

It’s a comment on this very thread, just scroll up a bit and you’ll find it.

Here you go: [quote=“Kahi, post:1206, topic:71, full:true”]
Holy crap, this thread has devolved like crazy. I think we might have to start moderating this a bit more strictly. Less chatroom and more legit discussion guys, kapish?
[/quote]

2 Likes

Thanks, Marendex!

Who else is saving up to buy all the sets at once?

4 Likes

I started, but then Mixels Series 3 came out…

I don’t think I will. LEGO’s been high in price these days and I might not have enough storage for them.

Yep, I know what you mean, although not with Mixels or LEGO sets. I just bought some Spider-Man comics, lol, so I’m back at $0. And @Collector I gave all my old BIONICLE parts to my younger brother, so I have plenty of storage.

1 Like

Here’s a good question:

Now, after seeing the .swf mask, it IS being debated if it’s the same mask in the promo box. If it is, the mask has been changed GREATLY. What other things, after looking at the display, do you think might not be final? Possibly the repeating use of the protector’s mask(s)? The shape of Lewa, Gali, and Pohatus masks? (might just be the angle)

3 Likes

possibly. Lewa’s mask in particular looked like a stand in, but it’s unlikely they’d create boxart for a pre-finalized model

Plus there’s the added factors of other interests and whether I will like the sets or not.

Maybe they had a deadline to show SOMETHING to LEGO? I dunno, if the mask has been changed (hey, it might be another mask) then I could see more changes.

1 Like

That is true, it looked nothing like the original Miru, but (and this may be 'cos I joined the fandom in 2012, and thus lack a “Nostalgia Filter”) but I happen to like 2015 Lewa’s mask better than the original one.

Let the hate commence.

I personally think that the box art is final and the Kanohi featured on the BIONICLE portal image is a separate Kanohi.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. If this theory is true, then the Toa have more than one gold Kanohi to search for.

1 Like

I still say that the .swf mask is the same that we saw in the previous picture. However the only evidence I have to support this can also be used against it :stuck_out_tongue:

Lego mostly puts whatever item/character holds most importance for story as product tags. Currently it’s Frodo and the Ring for LOTR, The queen beast for HF, and Laval and Cragger for Chima (why Laval is important is beyond me). I would assume that’s the case now, unless that is the most important mask out of a trifecta.

2 Likes

In which we find the Hype universe,
Home of the hy-matoran

3 Likes