BIONICLE 2015 (G2)- Ideas, Thoughts on the Plotline, Videos, and More!

Note: Do not move to BIONICLE Generation 2 Story-line Theories and Analysis. I got Chronicler’s permission.

I have many ideas about BIONICLE 2015 (G2).
I started this topic so I could share those ideas, and so you could share ideas too.
I may update my ideas as I go, and add videos and such.
Anyways, have fun, and don’t be too serious.

Just remember…
I Respect and Appreciate Your Opinions.

That said, here we go!

:smiley:

IDEA #1: The Protectors of Okoto are hiding something from the Toa.

Don’t you find it very strange that the Protectors didn’t guide the Toa to Ekimu’s Tomb?
They apparently knew EXACTLY where he’s buried. So why didn’t they go with them to the Ancient City? I have the feeling they have encountered the Skull Creatures before, and now they fear returning. But why?
With their weaponry and the Toa, they could stop the Skull Creatures easily!

IDEA #2: There could be more Masks of Power created.

I got this idea when I was looking at ‘The Big Three’ Masks of Power.
I was looking at them when I noticed that their eye colors represent (not ‘have-the properties-of’) a certain element. The MoUP has red eyes (fire), the MoC has blue eyes (water), and the MoC has purple eyes (earth).
My point is that there are three of six of the elements represented in the Masks.
I’m wondering if the next three colors (white eyes=ice, yellow=stone, green=jungle) will be shown in other Masks of Power.

For example, with the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders I would assume the color to be yellow (the eye color of the Skull Spiders in the Episodes), leaving two other colors for two other Masks (one could be the Mask of Time (white-eyes), and another mask which I still need to think about)!

IDEA #3: There will be another Lord of Skull Spiders, which could be even stronger and more dangerous than the first one.

I found the Toa’s victory was accomplished too easily, so I have the feeling the LoSS will return.
Set-wise, I also have the feeling that if you collected him and some other villain sets (like Skull Scorpio), and combined them, you can make a Mega-Shadow-Toa-like creature.

IDEA #4: The Titan Toa (Tahu, Kopaka, Onua) will end up with the Big Three (although, maybe the MoUP will be hidden away, or thrown in the ocean).

Which Titan Toa would have what Mask of Power?
I don’t know.
(Note: Image is NOT OFFICIAL)

IDEA #5: Ekimu could become a seventh Toa (assuming there will be one).

After all, thanks to the MoUP, Makuta is now Toa-sized, and maybe Ekimu will battle him, like Takanuva, the Toa of Light (after using the Mask of Creation to make himself bigger).

IDEA #6: Makuta is not the main villain of the entire BIONICLE series.

I agree he is a villain, but I think there is a darker force using him as a puppet, which will cause him to become good, and help defeat it.
This brings me to my next idea…

IDEA #7: The Mask of Ultimate Power is alive, has a body, and is going to be the main villain of the BIONICLE reboot.

The more I thought about this idea, the more it seemed to make sense.
In ‘The Legend’ episode, the Narrator stated,

“It was a sacred law that no mask could contain the power of more than one element, otherwise it would become too strong and dangerous.”

Later, he also said,

"When Makuta put it (the MoUp) on, IT TOOK CONTROL OVER HIM…"

This line implied that the MoUP had a mind, and the line before implied the MoUP could easily be more than a mask.

I thought of Mata Nui when his Kanohi created a body out of the elements surrounding it in ‘BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn’, and decided that this could have happened to the MoUP.
I also decided that it knew how to make Masks of Power because it had been in Makuta’s mind. So it forged the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders, and managed to create the Lord of Skull Spiders (if you don’t believe me, look at the MoUP and LoSS’s similarities), and later the Skull Creatures (despite what the advert shows).

For now though, Makuta is the villain. But when he’s defeated, he will work with Ekimu and the Toa to defeat the MoUP, which will be revealed to be the great evil.

HYPOTHESIS #1: Skull Grinder’s Origin

"A long time ago, in the Ancient City of Okoto, Makuta had run low on materials to create Masks of Power. While in the fire region, Makuta met a villager named Kulta, and the two became friends. When Makuta brought Kulta to his brother, Ekimu sent Kulta away, sensing hostility.

One night, as the two Mask Makers rested, Kulta stole the Mask of Control and took control of Makuta’s mind.
Kulta had Makuta forge the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders, a mask which had the power to reanimate the dead. Kulta planned on using the Mask to bring back many of the warriors who had fallen in the battle arena of the city, and use them to take over the world.

Once he removed the Mask of Control however, Makuta realized what Kulta’s true intentions were, and went to Ekimu for help. Summoning the City’s warriors, the Mask Makers did battle against the Skull Creatures, and defeated Kulta, now named Skull Grinder.

Unknown to Ekimu, Makuta took the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders and hid it away, knowing that one day, it would prove useful. And because Kulta had taken control of his mind, Makuta became envious of Ekimu, and forged an evil plan."

HYPOTHESIS #2: The Protector Mask of Creation

What if the Mask Ekimu was buried with… was the new Mask of Time?

Think about it. Ekimu knew evil forces would be after him. But why? He isn’t buried with the Mask of Creation. Yet he knows that the Toa need to find him before the Skull Tribe does. According to the box art, Skull Grinder will get to the Mask of Creation, but not early enough to use it, as Ekimu (and Tahu) get there seconds later.
It makes me wonder why they have the Easter Eggs of the Mask of Time.

HYPOTHESIS #3: The Mask of Ultimate Power will be released with Makuta.

Much like the set above, I think there will eventually be a set in which Makuta (with a Protector Mask of Control) will battle the MoUP for the Mask of Control.
(Of course, they would have to release a set of a powerful evil Makuta with the Mask of Destruction first.)

HYPOTHESIS #4: Timeline

Using most of my ideas, and adding things we think/know are official and canon, I have come up with this Timeline. Please note, I am not adding EVERY SINGLE DETAIL FROM EVERYTHING, and there is not much of a timespan in between every dash.
Use your imagination.
O.K.? Here goes…

• Some great battle with a rival city, causing Makuta (Good, Blue Eyes) to tamper with some evil thing (Evil, Red Eyes), making him see things in a different way (Jealousy, Purple Eyes).

THE LEGEND of The Mask Makers

• Ekimu creates the Toas’ Golden Masks of Power, and hides them away.
  • Makuta becomes envious of Ekimu, and forges the Mask of Ultimate Power.
  • Makuta puts on the MoUP and Ekimu knocks it off his face, causing the shockwave, a.k.a. the Great Cataclysm.
  • The Protectors find Ekimu, learn of the Prophecy of Heroes, and bury Ekimu.
  • The MoUP lands in the City’s Graveyard, and creates itself a body out of the elements.
  • Having been in a Mask Maker’s mind, the MoUP forges the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders, which has the power to reanimate the dead, and creates Skull Grinder, and the Lord of Skull Spiders.
  • Skull Grinder creates Skull Basher, Skull Slicer, Skull Scorpios, and Skull Warriors.
  • The Skull Creatures chase the inhabitants of the Ancient City (the Protectors and Villagers) away.
  • The Protectors and Villagers seperate to create new homes in the Elemental Regions.
  • While searching in the Ancient City, the MoUP learns about the Prophecy, and has the LoSS search for the Masks.
  • The Protectors go to the Temple of Time, sending their prayers to the skies.

THE ARRIVAL of The Toa

• The Toa arrive, and go on a quest for their Golden Masks of Power.
  • The Toa claim their Golden Masks of Power.
  • The MoUP takes the GMoSS, creates Ghost Bohrok as a fail-safe, and leaves the City of the Mask Makers to find Makuta.
  • The Toa meet and team-up, and battle and defeat the LoSS.
  • The Toa enter the City of the Mask Makers to find Ekimu.

THE SEARCH for Ekimu and The Mask of Creation

• The Skull Warriors ambush the Toa at the City Gate and steal Kopaka’s Golden Mask of Ice, but are defeated.
  • While searching the City, Lewa is ambushed in the Arena by Skull Slicer, who steals Lewa’s Golden Mask of Jungle, but is defeated by the other Toa in Hammer Flush.
  • The Toa battle and defeat Skull Scorpios who stole Pohatu’s Golden Mask of Stone.
  • The Toa find Ekimu in the City’s Graveyard’s mausoleum.
  • The Toa arrive at the Forge Entrance, battle Skull Basher, who had stolen Onua’s Golden Mask of Earth, and enter the Temple of Creation.
  • Skull Grinder tries to melt the Mask of Creation in the Forge, but when the Toa arrive, he changes his mind, using it to defeat the Toa and shatter their Golden Masks of Power.
  • Ekimu defeats Skull Grinder, claims the MoCr, and creates new Masks of Power for the Toa, lighting the forges and awakening the city… and the Ghost Bohrok.

THE ATTACK of The Ghost Bohrok

• The Toa and Ekimu battle the Ghost Bohrok.
  • Ekimu uses the Mask of Time to defeat them before they awaken.

THE SEARCH for Makuta

• The MoUP finds/awakens Makuta.
  • Believing Makuta to be the source of evil, Ekimu, the Toa, and Protectors search for Makuta.
  • Makuta forges a Mask of Destruction, and the MoUP searches for the Mask of Control.
  • Ekimu, the Protectors, and the Toa battle and defeat Makuta, who is cured of his evil nature, joins the Toa in the search for the MoC.

THE RACE for The Mask of Control

• The MoUP creates a team of Rahkshi, who battle the Toa, but are defeated.
  • The MoUP races the Toa for the MoC.
  • The MoUP creates Skrall, and finds the MoC.

THE FINAL BATTLE of The Masks of Power

• The MoUP use the MoC to control Ekimu and the MoCr.
  • The Toa, Protectors, and Makuta battle Ekimu, Skrall, and the MoUP for the MoC.
  • Makuta defeats the MoUP, which is returned to Mask-Form, and is thrown into the ocean/volcano.

A Continuation??

• (?) New Masks of Power are formed?
  • (?) The MoUP returns as a Volcano-like/Ocean-like creature, using the elements in the lava/ocean to create a new body?

ADVERTS AND VIDEOS

VIDEO #1: LEGO BIONICLE 2015 - Battle for the Mask of Power Commercial (English)

VIDEO #2: BIONICLE 2015 - All Episodes (Winter Wave) and Character Videos

VIDEO #3: LEGO BIONICLE Summer 2015 TVC (EXTENDED)

VIDEO #4: LEGO BIONICLE 2015- All Summer Characters

(NOTE: I do not claim that these videos are mine! They were made by other people and LEGO!)

:smile: -Enjoy!

P.S.: What is with the Mask of Time Easter Egg?

It shows up at least once in every BIONICLE Episode!

The Legend - Cloud above Ekimu and Makuta shaking hands
Episode 01: Prophecy of Heroes - Ekimu’s Crater
Episode 02: The Arrival - Tahu’s Crater
Episode 03: Quest for the Golden Mask - On Okoto’s greatest volcano
Episode 04: The Protectors Fight Back - Lava around Tahu’s Mask
Episode 05: The Power of the Golden Masks - Behind Kopaka’s Energy-Shield
Episode 06: Quest for the Mask Maker - Rock in Onua’s Tunnel
Episode 07: Team of Heroes - Behind the hill of the Temple of Creation
Episode 08: Lord of Skull Spiders - Cloud behind Tahu yelling, “Onua!”
Episode 09: The City of the Mask Makers - Ruins of the Ancient City

11 Likes

Of course it’s strange. But I have a feeling that something happened which makes them feel like it would be a shameful thing to enter the city.

Did they encounter the skull tribe? It’s not talked about. But again, I have a feeling that they have a secret which makes them not want to enter the tribe, which is why they didn’t go with the Toa. What I want to know is HOW did the Toa locate the ancient city?

Well, we don’t exactlly know that. They are overwhelmed by at least 50 skull-spiders, but considering how the Toa seem to have much difficulty face them, I don’t think the Protectors would have had an easy time, either.

5 Likes

Maybe, but six Protectors with thier weapons side by side,

and six Toa with Elemental Powers…

… difficult?

No.

2 Likes

Again, though, I have a strong feeling that the Protectors are holding a secret in which makes them NOT want to enter the city. What that secret it, we don’t know.

I mean, the Protector of Fire seemed pretty disappointed that he couldn’t aid Tahu anymore in his quest. While he simply could have gone with him, I feel as if he has a sort of conviction not to help Tahu. Either that be Tahu finding his own strength and teaching himself, or that the Protectors have a darker secret on why they will not enter the city.

7 Likes

most likely to protectors which buried ekimu and the ones who summoned the toa are different generations, so they wouldn’t know where he was buried outside of “in the ancient city”

this is supported by the fact lego has gone out of their way to tell us that the protector title is passed from father to son.

[quote=“Chronicler, post:5, topic:10098”]
While he simply could have gone with him,
[/quote]“I must go protect my village”
yup, he had no prior convictions, he could have just kept with tahu. /s

the protectors are the leaders of their villages, they would have protected them the whole time if they didn’t have to help the toa initially.

8 Likes

Maybe the Protectors used to be Toa, but failed to protect the city from the Skull Villains.

3 Likes

In sincerely doubt they used to be Toa. They look the same as all the other adults of their species, so why would they used to be tall and powerful? They already have powerful masks like the Toa.

Besides, Toa is the species of the Masters.

3 Likes

Um… maybe a different group of Protectors left Ekimu?

Ekimu was found by the protectors generations ago.

5 Likes

Well, I always headcanoned that there was a sort of Sengoku Jidai-esque period of warring states in the time after the ancient city fell from grace. I period in which Barraki warlords dominated and divided the island.

2 Likes

Well, if I was a Protector from generations ago, I would probably pass down how to get to Ekimu’s Tomb, so that the future generations could tell the Toa once they arrived on Okoto.

THIS would be the perfect time to explain about the Skull Villains, and how to get to Ekimu’s tomb!

2 Likes

Maybe they had to protect their villages. They are protectors…

1 Like

The Protectors guided the Toa to their Golden Masks of Power, which left their villages (as far as we know) the whole time unprotected.

2 Likes

Maybe when the toa go into the ancient city, skull villains pop up everywhere! I don’t know, all we can do is speculate, something I’m not very good at.

PoJ to Lewa- “Look! It’s rotor!”

5 Likes

As far as I can guess, there are only the five skeletons of Skull Tribe.
However, I have a hypothesis that the Skull Tribe may need the Toas’ masks to charge up the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders to create more of an army.
Or they may even need the Mask of Creation.

But what I don’t understand is why Skull Grinder is trying to melt the Mask of Creation in his comic on his box (if he is trying to destroy it that is).

:confused:

Does the Mask of Creation only create GOOD things?

(Deja Vu… Garmadon and the MegaWeapon. :stuck_out_tongue:)

EDIT: Because of the advert I found, I decided that the Mask of Creation can create ANYTHING GOOD and EVIL.

6 Likes

Actually, Skull Grinder appears to be using the mask of creation to create an army out of the remains littered around the ancient city, based on the new commercial. It seems like the mask of creation gives the user the means to create whatever they are envisioning with physical materials in the immediate vicinity. That would mean that the mask itself is, indeed, indiscriminate about what it is creating.

So yeah, seems like it creates things in general, regardless of what they are being used for.

9 Likes

Yeah.
Although if that is the case, what is the purpose of the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders?

I wonder if the advert shows the Mask of Creation just because, but later in the newer episodes it would have Skull Grinder use the GMoSS.
Or… whatever used the GMoSS created Skull Grinder, and Skull Grinder does use the MoCr.

Hmm…

2 Likes

I don’t know that the GMoSS does anything more than provide LoSS with a mental link to his army.

4 Likes

Well, it states on LEGO.com that the Lord of Skull Spiders has a telepathic link with the Skull Spiders.
And because of Skull Slicer’s set description, we know the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders reanimates the dead.

Makes me wonder if the placed the Mask of Creation was put in the trailer just because it is the main symbol of the new BIONICLE reboot.

After all, it was also placed in the advert of the first wave of Bionicle sets, when technically it should’ve had the GMoSS.
EDIT: And furthermore, the first ad actually said the Skull Spiders were created by the Lord of Skull Spiders using the Mask, but we later learn the Skull Spiders were just creatures on Okoto, controlled by a telepathic link with the LoSS.

3 Likes

I needed to edit the title to avoid confusion, BBC, if your okay with that. I need people to know my topic is backed up evidence.

2 Likes

The Skull Grinder’s name is KULTA??
LEGO must have named him because he’s very important to the story!

But how, I wonder?

3 Likes