BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

So, kinda like the “Unity” tablet at the final animation with the letters scattered around in the previous episodes, and the “united, but not one” part of the Prophecy of Heroes? Those were all kind of hinting at the Masks of Unity in 2016 and the fact that the Netflix show is called “Journey to One”.

8 Likes

@Lost_Head There you go, those are great examples of subtle and vague things! While not entirely significant, it shows that the story team is willing to to do things like that. I suspect we’re also being fed little bits about where the Toa came from, and we’ll be hitting ourselves for not connecting the dots sooner when all is revealed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: (Something tells me that the whole planet/stars part of the prophecy has significance)

5 Likes

Like the Pohatu episode. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Not to burst your bubble or anything…but it’s very possible Umarak is simply a Makuta servant. It makes it easier for the story to be followed…apparently

Well…why can’t the mask of Control have its own mind…linked exclusively to Makuta’s essence…essentially, ring from LOTR’s link to Sauron?

Ok I think we need to step away from the story theories, etc., because it seems to me like 1) it’s off-topic and 2) people are starting to want the story to be more complex than it is (aka like G1). Look, I’m interested in reading the Graphic Novels…they might reveal more than has already been revealed…but until then, we know that 1) LoSS is gone…likely. 2) Skull villains have been defeated and 3) Umarak is completely unknown until we see any kind of website update (who knows when that’ll happen…)

Ok, you’re not understanding at all what I said. I said it’s likely Umarak is just a Makuta servant…it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have his own personality, it just means that he’ll have one…but his goal is solely to serve Makuta. Doesn’t mean at all that he’s also mindless and no, I did not say Makuta is possessing him. Like it or not, this is a ‘plot’. It’s pretty clear. Makuta is the bad guy, he’s reawakening (ish), trying to take over the island, the Toa have arrived just in time to fight him and his baddies. He wants the other masks destroyed so that he can rule with the MoUP. The Toa have to stop him. Oh and they bring Ekimu back, and I’m sure he has a part to play. That’s all we know. Until we get updates, we don’t know. I’m saying don’t raise your expectations.

4 Likes

How low does LEGO think the kids these days inteligense is?

why do you want to belive that the most likely thing that will happend is that Umarak is going to be a mindless villain who have no personality exept to be a walking Makuta voice box.

It makes it look more like the “plot” LEGO have made is not even capable to be named a “Plot” at all, especialy if it is just going to do the same thing, over and over and over and over and over and over…

@lambda_cla3391 The MoCo can’t have its own mind because the MoC didn’t have its own mind. Not to mention that the MoCo isn’t confirmed to have been created by Makuta in the first place, like the One Ring was forged by the Dark Lord Sauron. No, the MoUP fits this description a lot better, and is more likely to have its own will, a will to get back to its master…

The only way to destroy the MoUP is to throw it into the furnace that bore it, on the highest hill in the ancient city, in the depths of the temple of the Mask Makers.

Edit: Aww man, what if Umarak gets the MoUP and goes insane like anyone who uses the One Ring eventually does?

5 Likes

I’m not sure why people are already expecting Umarak to be a lame, Skull Grinder-level villain.

First off, Umarak is confirmed to be getting two sets this year–one of which is assumed to be titan - sized. That means that LEGO plans for this guy to be the villain for the entire year, unlike Grinder, who was introduced at the very end of the year. Also, considering we’re getting a 4-episode Netflix show for early 2016, he has plenty of opportunity to be made into an interesting character.

…also, that reminds me: this Netflix show is coming out January - April 2016, right? Do you guys think LEGO will release another special at the end of the year, to tell the summer story?

6 Likes

According to The Legend, it was stated,

"The Masks were scattered all over the island, waiting for a time when someone would come looking for them.”

Could this line imply that not just the Mask of Ultimate Power, but also the Mask of Creation and the Mask of Control have minds of their own?

Remember, it was also said, “Each brother had a special mask.”

A-Mind-of-Its-Own-Special?

2 Likes

@BBC1Wholock1 Dude, I think you’re reading a bit too much into that sentence. I don’t think they meant that the masks themselves were waiting in a “self-aware” kind of way. I think they’re waiting just like my cup of coffee waits for me every morning, or how my car is waiting for me to get out and go to work. They’re not alive. They’re just there, inanimate, non-thinking. They have a role in the plot though, so they’re “waiting” (just like my cup of coffee has a role in the plot of my morning routine).

@lambda_cla3391 Lol, that’s not how socialization works bud. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Just let it go, people will think what they want to think. Including me. I’m more into Bionicle for the sets…I never thought the story would be as complex as the original one…and even then, I only liked the original stuff, MoL, Metru-Nui. I personally think Umarak will be a little more independent… but he’ll be kind of Makuta’s satellite servant. He could turn into a Starscream type character…it’s entirely possible…but…I don’t know. I just want updates…that graphic novel…a couple of the sets…

Oh no…I just looked at Kopaka’s arms to where they connect to his…shoulder moving parts…they are static. Can’t move them forward at all from the looks of it.

4 Likes

it seems like the graphic novels are gonna give us those

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t wait to figure out who the Tor are!

2 Likes

I think that the Protectors (and Ekimo) should tell the Tor (which includes Onya!) about the island of OKTO (which has a Region of Fir!)!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the AWESOMENESS that 2016 is bringing, set wise. :smiley:

3 Likes

Looks like I missed out on stuff, what is Tor?

2 Likes

Just a typo from earlier in the year, along with Onya, Ekimo, Okto, and the Region of Fir.

14 Likes

I thought maybe two episodes for winter 2016, two episodes fo summer 2016.

I definitely want Umarak to be affiliated with Makuta. The story would seem disjointed otherwise, however I do not wan’t him to be a mere servant or underling. Personally, I would prefer if he took more of a contractor kind of role, sort of like how Boba Fett is to Darth Vader. He is technically working under him, but he is still his own man with his own motives and could chose to take his business elsewhere if he so desired. I disliked how Kulta was just possessed by Makuta and would have preferred it if he was an un-dead king who Makuta promised to give life to, and perhaps his kingdom back in return for stealing the MoCr or what not. Not saying Makuta would have fulfilled his promises.

That would then give Kulta a bit of motivation on his own, instead of him just being a mindless drone. Also I guess the skull army would have been roaming around the ruins of the Ancient City, only hostile to those who entered and not out right attacking the regions outside. Basically, they predated the protector race by a considerable amount of time and have rose from the ground maybe when Ekimu knocked the mask of his brothers face. This would have lead the Villagers to scatter from the main city. The Skull Warriors just believe that their home is being attacked. None of the Skull gang are inherently evil, just misinformed.

4 Likes

Love the idea that Umarak would be like this:

Like i have said before, there is noting in the book nor in the animation that says that Skull Grinder was possessed or just a puppet under Makuta’s command, we only know that he was under Makuta’s Control, which could be taken to mean that he followed orders that Makuta gave him. If he was just possessed by Makuta then the book and the animation would have said so, like “he is possessed by my brother’s spirit” which would leave no other meaning other than that he was just a puppet for Makuta, but they say “control” which could mean that he might have had his mind influensed by makuta, like Makuta’s voice tells him to do things, not that Makuta is in the driver seat which is what a puppet would be like.

5 Likes

Another awesome drawing by @cat

17 Likes

beautiful, I dont have anything else to say,

well yeah, I want to learn how to draw…

2 Likes