BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Speak for yourself. The movie trilogy characters looked pretty ugly what with their moving mouths and eyebrows on masks.

7 Likes

why do people dislike the end of gali’s spear. it’s not meant as a weapon it’s there to look nice.

2 Likes

Cause Jewelry Jewlwery Jewelry Fancy fancy, next year Gali is going to be filled with Rings and earings I suppose :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I would argue that in fact is perfect for him, quick strikes with the blade, heavy swing with the flail. plus it matches the whole ‘wastelander’ thing he has going.

5 Likes

OK, for all you saying it’s an impractical weapon, you forget one crucial thing…
POHATU
CONTROLS
ROCKS.
Not only does he have a spear-sword, (which is an awesome weapon) but that rock on the end can be moved with his mind to clobber anyone in his way. To him, that rock is completely weightless. You all saw how he chucked that boulder in the animations, his description on bionicle.com says he can lift rocks effortlessly and he has the mask of stone. This weapon is impractical for other toa, but for a toa of stone, it’s perfect.

8 Likes

Silver and Gold?

If you want to, you can. I keep a compilation of all of my fanart here.

26 Likes

You and @Payinku make good points, however you have to also consider how the set looks in a completely visual sense. Just because it makes sense canonically, it doesn’t mean it makes sense on the set without background knowledge of the character.

Suppose a set had an upturned ice cream cone on its head, you’d be a bit confused by it if you didn’t know it’s how the character keeps cool… That was an awful analogy… Never mind… My point still stands, though I do agree with you in a way.

I just want to make sure everyone knows that it’s possible to separate Pohatu’s “spear” so that he uses the flail in one hand and has a staff in another.

Seriously though, If Tahu can combine his swords into a spear, then Pohatu can take apart his spear and have a flail and staff.

8 Likes

PRAISE THE LORD

Wait, can Tahu combine his swords?

Yup, He’s a rahkshi

2 Likes

Yep. seems to be the thing.

“Why can I not like this more than once!?”

As for Pohatu’s weapon, it’s alright. Nothing too special but it’s not terrible. I would have rather they had made it a twin Boulder staff with the sword/dagger as his secondary, but it’s fine the way it is.

3 Likes

I feel like I should celebrate :stuck_out_tongue:

I really want to see the review of Kopaka and Pohatu.

2 Likes

Same here, but I would be ready to wait a few weeks.

1 Like

I already stated that.

@Hazash It’s symbolizing their Unitiy? Budget reasons? Choose one.

I forgot to mention in my review: WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE BLUE EYES?
They already have three colours to use. I’m by no means a set designer, but it seems a bit lazy to only use one new eye stalk piece when they made orange for Umarak (and probably could have easily made green ones as well).

Update: BZPower just reviewed Onua. The creature heads don’t actually
clip onto the masks. They kind of just sit there which is annoying.

Please don’t double post. Thanks! - Eljay

2 Likes

They reviewed him a few days ago…

2 Likes

However it is completly understandable, it would be nearly impossible to move both heads at the same time. Also you might want to edit your postss before a mod does it :wink:

Whoops too late

3 Likes

I like it, cause that means you can change how the heads sit on top of the masks.

1 Like