BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

More like it was the middle of the night.

5 Likes

Really didn’t expect anything else, I predicted this would happen. Even if it was said in the interview we may not,be finding out if Bionicle is ending anytime soon.

I guess they didn’t love it enough to travel to another country and interview the employees of Lego, and then edit that interview themselves.

14 Likes

Hey, I just made an account on the TTV message boards (though i have been following TTV for a long time) and I was wondering if there is a way to post Bionicle MOCS. This isnt related to the topic but I was just looking for some help.
Thanks

3 Likes

Welcome to the Boards! To answer your question, you can upload your images to a hosting site such as Imgur or Flickr, and post them in our MOCs subforum. Real quick, though, we need you to read our rules. Right now, I can suspend you for a full day for posting off-topic here. Since you’re new, I’ll let it slide, but please read our rules before continuing further. Thanks!

Also, @Apophyx, I’ve never heard of sarcasm.

6 Likes

You can hear sarcasm on the internet!!! PRAISE ELJAY THE MIGHTY INTERNET GOD!!!

3 Likes

This does not seem good.
https://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=bionicle%2C%20Ninjago&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT%2B6

Also it seems like Bionicle is more popular that Ninjago in America and Canada.

1 Like

Erm… Because of that statement I’m going to say this isn’t accurate.

2 Likes

It’s news that it’s more popular than Bionicle in it’s golden years.

It’s not news. It’s been known for a few years now.

5 Likes

Bionicle ended right as most of the modern social media started to role around, additionally the internet was more of a mystery to the common parent.

a.k.a. back then kids ha dot actual ask their parents permission before going online just to look at the lucky charms website.

also
https://www.google.ca/trends/explore#q=bionicle%2C%20Ninjago%2C%20Chima&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT%2B6

5 Likes

Recently I’ve been thinking about “Escape from the Underworld” and, more specifically, the Skull Grinder, and I came up with a bit of an idea.
From the preview we learned that Kulta started serving Makuta before the legendary battle of the mask makers. This means that he was most likely an Okotan villager too. We also know that he has the ability to raise the dead (because he created the Skeleton army out of nothing but bones).

Can this mean that he was gifted with a (dual elemental) mask of “rebirth” by Makuta?

I mean, there is a dual elemental mask of tree growing, so so having a rebirth mask wouldn’t be such a far fetched thing. Maybe this was the gift Makuta made him in order to obtain his loyalty.

What do you think?

5 Likes

@Altair I don’t think that Kulta/the Skull gang are Okotans. If the title of the book is any indication, there’s a hidden city underneath Okoto, and that’s where they come from.

2 Likes

oh THANKS I will have to see if I can find them

1 Like

@Tarvaax I have to disagree with you there.

I find it likely that they were small Protector-sized Okotans before their deaths.

In JtO, we’ve seen what happens when Makuta’s power tampered with a being. Umarak’s entire being was elongated and even bigger than before. Then, Makuta gave the newly-transformed Umarak a new name…DESTROYER.

So my thought is Makuta used the Mask of Control some time after Kulta’s death, raising him from the dead, and doing the same thing to Kulta’s body.

“You are Kulta no more. You are…SKULL GRINDER.”

That explains why in Escape to the Underworld, Skull Grinder barely remembered the name Kulta. When he was reborn as a skeleton, he was given a new name.

Even Makuta’s own power turned against him when he put the Mask of Ultimate Power on his face, changing him from a Protector-sized Okotan to a Toa-Sized being of destruction.

Anyways, even if Kulta and the Skull Villains are not Okotans, what are they?
Just some undead beings who were created by the element of bone at the beginning of Okoto (similar to Umarak’s birth from the shadows)?

4 Likes

maybe the spooky skeletons are, in fact, peaceful
and the Grinder, Warrior, Basher, etc are the bad ones.

2 Likes

I always had a little idea that they were once pirates or stray warriors or something from another island that eventually came across Okoto and decided to live and serve there. Though after reading what we’ve gotten from the first chapter, I don’t think that’ll be the case.

3 Likes

wow at least tag your spoilers gosh

1 Like