BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I wouldn’t be so sure. All we need for Makuta protector is the smallest bone piece and the smallest shell peice. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t see it on that set.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Actually, it’s black. The lighting and art style makes it look shinier and lighter in some places than it really is.

3 Likes

From my perspective the curve is right, and I see it of being absolutely the same. Color is not an issue since we don’t know properties of the mask)
And please don’t forget about shock-wave that is not shown in clip, it probably broke that mask.

2 Likes

Wow, I just saw the trailer for Ekimu, so awesome! And so many questions…
The Mask of Ultimate Power looks great! And what Umarak was holding definitely seems like a fragment of the mask.

2 Likes

It can go ether way in the end. Umaraks mask was gun metal in the preliminary art and then changed into Black in release. Both colours are relatively relatable to villain characters.

1 Like

You’re right, and either it won’t be in the set, or the animation team took liberties with the character model.

On another note, I personally don’t believe that the fragment that Umarak is holding is a part of the MoUP, but one thing that could lend support to that theory is that we don’t witness the (for lack of a better term) ‘explosion’ that occurs after Ekimu knocks the mask from Makuta’s face, which could potentially have shattered the mask.

Never mind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

No, it was black in the preliminary pictures too (but it had a slightly different shape and “mouth”). It was silver in the LEGO Club Magazine teaser for 2016 though

3 Likes

We know its black (it shows it back in it’s normal state when Ekimu knocked it off from Makuta’s face).

The same shockwave the Mask of Creation and Mask of Control were in?
Why would it just be the MoUP that would break when the MoCr and MoCo didn’t?

Remember, these are GREAT Masks of Power.

Even Ekimu’s blow to the MoCr on Skull Grinder’s face didn’t break it.

2 Likes

I’m certainly glad to see what can be reasonably assumed to be makuta.
I think we might get a toa-sized makuta next year, followed by a titan in the summer, like with Umarak.

4 Likes

The MoCr also didn’t send a large mass of land into oblivion, along with everything on it.

Each reaction must have an equal and opposite reaction. If there is force created that creates a giant crater, that same force had to have gone into the mask, which would be a perfectly logical reason for it to be broken.

3 Likes

now lets remember that the talk of the MoUP’s color being and having allways been black is debatable, because as the video showed and how the mask have been portraied in media, allways shows it “burning” black and red.

so really, to say that the MoUP is and allways have been black, is debatable because its like saying that your eyes have allways been red in color, even though your eyes are burning red with evergy, and thus its not a natural color for your eyes.

2 Likes

The piece can ether be a part of a key or part of the Vahi, or even the lower horn of the MoCr being cut when Umarak adorned the mask (which is why we dont see the lower horn in the new design), but it doesnt quite match the MoUP.

The only reason why people would think as such is because all legendary masks share some elements of design with each other.

Who cares in the long run. they have always changed colours of the parts if need be.

Because it’s the epicenter of the explosion? EDIT: mask was probably unstable because it holds too much power

We don’t. And let me please repeat my point - we don’t know its properties. I assume that it was forged using gold, crystals and magic. Why can’t it be gold while being torn apart?

2 Likes

Lower half is still unknown to us how it looks…and no, the G1 design is not the G2 design.

From a story perspective, I think that ultimately, Makuta would be more concerned about regaining a corporeal form/entering the dimension that Okoto is in than recovering his mask - that can be left for next year.

or… you know… Umarak finds one of the fragments of the mask and keeps it ither for himself or so that he can give it to Makuta when he is brought back, so… you know… he has one fragment less to look for.

Laugh at me all you want, but I kinda think the piece could actually be here, due to the curve shape at the top and the ridge at the bottom. Hopefully you can see where I’m coming from…

2 Likes