BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

just listening on the 203 podcast video, i belive i now know what the purple think Umarak is holding in his video…

THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER.

think about it, given how the MoUP’s is shown to have a purple coloration in JtO and the fact that the object is black in color, it seems most likely that it would be the object that Umarak is holding, and thus now i see why Umarak is holding the fragment.

he is trying to restore the MoUP, so that Makuta can return to Okoto.

…Ok i will admit that this seems like a real strech and is most like not going to happend.

but it just hit me when i began to think about it.

14 Likes

The viewing angle is totally different tho

2 Likes

I think it’s engulfed in stone from being under the ground that long. <-----Btw I said this a while ago

2 Likes

To me it looks like the MoUP has a witch’s hat

11 Likes

Don’t forget fellas, there’s still a full length trailer coming, just like last time…

2 Likes

I still don’t get why they keep showing us stuff if they don’t end up making it look like that

http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/20264/df024636f07de873.png

Like the main focus of this shot was that it revealed the mask as having six prongs, two pointing up, two pointing out and two pointing down. It generated a massive amount of hype and fan-art based off the design that everyone was already hoping to be similar to Radiak or Antroz’s mask.

To create so much hype for a mask to be designed with certain attributes and then to just throw it all away is just disappointing. The mask looks less impressive than any of the fan-art that people submitted and it doesn’t follow the general idea of what we were shown in the animations.

*Images are taken from varying sites, will add all the links and everything momentarily;

1. Ultimate Power - Painting by PN99
  2. Mask of THE ULTIMATE POWER MOC by gk733 on DeviantArt
  3. Mask of Ultimate Power
  4. Mask of Ultimate Power by Veanakart on DeviantArt

We don’t have confirmation of this, but hopefully we don’t get a full length trailer. They’ve already revealed way too much and i feel they’ll likely spoil the reveal of Makuta (If they haven’t already at this stage via the ‘flashback?’ shot of him

4 Likes

you sound like your really disappointed in JtO part 2.

also, the MoUP did change from medium to medium.

In the animations, it had six prongs, in the Graphic novels, it had no prongs and instead was a flat mask coated in flames.

Now we get the appearance for the MoUP in JtO, just because we get used to a visual design does not mean that it was the correct design to begin with.

and really, how do we know if weather or not the MoUP will pull an Ignika and change its appearance:

8 Likes

Guys guys, we’ve been about this all wrong. Ekimu’s not evil. AGIL IS

Ekimu’s falcon Agil has never shown up in the story before. Only just now when apocalyptic events are happening does he appear. Why might you ask? I’ll tell you why.

My theory is that Makuta has possessed Agil and is going to use him to destroy Ekimu!

^Look at that face. That is the face of pure evil.

There. Fixed it.

/S
It would be funny if it were true though. :smile:

15 Likes

I’m not going to write off the whole of JTO part 2, I’ll obviously end up watching it regardless as I’m paying for Netflix anyway so may as well.

Just it seems to be gaining more faults. People have already pointed out rendering errors on some of the shots, we seem to be getting a lot more spoilers (though admittedly this may be linked to us seeing less of the summer storyline prior) and some of the character models seem a little out-of-place i guess…One of the shots i posted earlier where i counted the Quake beasts featured a random floating Quake Beast arm with his spikes in the background without the rest of the body… =/

Its just they didn’t learn from what fans pointed out the last time we received tons of trailers, and at this stage i honestly expect we’ll see a spoiler heavy clip from the ending, similar to the reveal of Umarak with the Mask Of Control next to the firey Makuta. I want there to be something surprising when i watch JTO and I’m concerned they’ll have given away most the events that would be engaging to fans.

That’s really the issue though, with the Ignika we had the original design which everyone wanted… and we never got that in set form.

Same here with the MoUP, they implied certain aspects in the very first piece of media we saw. The idea being that at the end of G2 you’d be able to mirror the shot of the three masks and they would look the same as the animation.

• The Mask Of Creation is identical
  • The Mask Of Control is very similar within a reasonable level to be considered the same
  • The Mask Of Ultimate Power doesn’t share similarities with the visible aspects and has a design that may contrast heavily with the other two masks

I think the only hope i have for it is if it does change shape or something, perhaps it looks different when not worn by Makuta? perhaps its a reconstruction to explain the discrepancies. Maybe its been remoulded in a forge or something? It just doesn’t feel like a good representation of what we’ve seen.

3 Likes

I literally squealed like a fangirl when I saw the MOUP. Hype hype hype!!!

6 Likes

Well, not all the rendering errors are show-breaking. Some crystals on Umarak’s horns aren’t really all that bad. The floating Quake Beast maybe, but:

There was this rendering error in the first trailers and I never saw it in the final version.

:blush: My painting!!

Although, my design was more so based off the Great Huna, but the prongs thing still applies. Thanks, by the way!

4 Likes

I see no resemblance between the two whatsoever… As long as agil doesn’t sy the wrong word every five seconds and lead ekimu to his impending doom I’m fine… although if agil sprouted weapons and wiped out all of the beasts… That would be pretty cool :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally love the MoUP, and to me, it looks far less downright EEEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIL than the animations make it and, following the theme of the mask maker… masks, it looks more like a helmet that a king or leader would wear, one that would appear very threatening and more subtly evil, a bit like one that a powerful leader would wear… if being subtly evil is even a thing.

7 Likes

To be fair, they were a bit vague. It had six prongs, two eyes, and smoke.

3 Likes

See? Completely EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL! It’s mysterious, shrouded in black smoke and has EEEEEEEEEEEVIL red eyes!!11!!

/s

On closer inspection I can see what you mean - While it does have the EEEEEEEEEVIL eyes, there really isn’t much else

3 Likes

I was just saying that a lot of people seem dissappointed in the JtO MoUP when the one we’ve seen before hasn’t really given us any details about it’s design. I think it’s just a case of overhype. While I really like the designs many fans thought of, this one is pretty cool. I don’t know, it just seems like a mask fit for Makuta.

4 Likes

Seeing those doors, has anyone with a Kanohi Rau bother to interpret them?

1 Like

THAT IS ONE BIG BIRD
BIG ENOUGH TO UNITE DON’T YOU SAY???
Ekimu + Agil Unity coming soon

Anyways the trailer is good.
The MoUP was not what I was expecting…
I saw it and was like “HYPE HYPE HYPE” then looked closer and was like “HYPE HYPE… oh.”
His leg design, looks good. Wonder why they just didn’t go with that to begin with the original set. Agil makes an appearance, magic crystal doors.
Ekimu getting jumped by spooky scary Storm Beasts, and shininess. Magic hammer always wins. Someone make an Ekimu/Thor photoshop please.

1 Like

Hmm… Looking at the alphabet, it doesn’t match the current Okotan language. Perhaps there are two versions of the language: ancient and modern.

2 Likes

Seems to be that the doors are the same as Ekimu’s coffin.

6 Likes