BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Expect Bionicle too be overpriced on Bricklink in the coming months. Buy sets from the Shop at home store while you can, just a tip :sob:

2 Likes

I want a special topic where we can all discuss on why we think this gen failed. Much better way to vent it through analysis.

Ill laugh if this is the reason why I still havent seen the summer wave in official stores in my country. Oh well, time to buy it from Hungary.

5 Likes

Well. This is utterly disappointing, I had high hopes to have a physical MoUP, but even that is gone. Having been through 2 BIONICLE cancellations, I think this may be the end of my interest in LEGO lines, especially considering Constraction has been the main selling point for me. Thanks LEGO for bringing it back for a brief time, however this ending and lack of final mask is truly a heartbreaking disappointment.

12 Likes

I disagree. We got stellar sets for the end of G2, and we even got to see the Toa at least conclude their mission.

3 Likes

There’s this topic where you can discuss why it ended.

1 Like

Wake me up (Wake me up inside) can’t wake up (wake me up inside) SAAAAAAaaaaaVee MEEEeeeeeeE

8 Likes

I posted this as a reply. And I stand by it.

I’m gonna say something controversial that will tick a lot of people who I like on the boards off but it has to be said.

I am very annoyed by all the people saying, “Lego is a bunch of scumbags with no love for the fans! I DESERVE a final set.” Are you serious? No. Lego loves the Bionicle fans, and would love for Bionicle to continue. Most of the Bionicle fan base didn’t even buy all the sets! You don’t deserve anything! You should be happy we got a G2 at all! Would you be saying the same thing in 2011? It is so disrespectful to Lego to be saying all those ridiculous things. We have to be mature.

I know I’m going to get a million replies telling me I’m wrong, I just hope we can all be mature here.

17 Likes

So are the sales things true? When I got a box of CMF 16 I got a free Skull guy with my purchase.

1 Like

They hopefully took away the most important lesson from g2:

THINGS SELL IF YOU MARKET AND ADVERTISE THEM, NOT NEGLECT THEM IN A CORNER

12 Likes

I can say it right here. Lego rebooted it with overtly low expections thinking it could sell enough with the nostalgia alone. They were wrong and this was the outcome.

The line wasn’t properly managed because they thought they wouldn’t need to.
What that “proper managing” would had been I don’t go into the details here.

7 Likes

I’ll be happy, because I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

2 Likes

like i said, even though they say its possible for Bionicle to return in the future, its highly unlikely that it will, more or less because LEGO will only bring Bionicle back if it had good sales, and if Bionicle was canseld because of poor sales, then its douptfull that they will bring it back ever again.

Bionicle have now and forever, been canseld for good.

2 Likes

You’re also gonna get one telling you you’re right.

I’d like to say some things that I know wouldn’t be well-received right now, but out of respect for the grieving cycle and my respect for everyone here, I’ll keep them to myself. I only hope that the people treating LEGO with such disrespect (across ALL platforms, not just here) don’t end up saying something truly terrible, or regret what they are saying now. Remember, guys, anger is a one-way street, and the end isn’t a happy one for anybody. I guarantee that if you try looking at this with a cooler head, you’ll be able to make an opinion that leads to satisfaction and acceptance. You might still be disappointed and upset–that’s fine, as you have that right–but you won’t say things that can hurt both you and others…

8 Likes

As sad as the end is, I honestly find all of the complaining even more so. LEGO gave us G1, then we complained, they gave us HF, then we complained. They gave us G2, and we complained. Now I am not saying that we need to hail everything LEGO does as prefect, but we do need to show some respect.

#####Maybe get something hashtagging to LEGO to show your love for BIONICLE and your dedication.

7 Likes

Here’s a reply saying that you’re right. All of this negativity and bitterness won’t solve anything. I have a boatload of complaints about G2, but at the end of the day, Lego brought back Bionicle and they did one heck of a job.

7 Likes

I disagree on this, there are number of ways I can think of to bring it back…most of it revolves with less LEGO involvement.

Sets for sure were amazing, the rest is debatable.

2 Likes

Maybe one day Star Wars will bring a lot of attention to constraction, and maybe one day the action figure market will be better. If that were to happen, I can see them bringing BIONICLE back, because it’s not just a theme we love, it’s their baby, and they love it too. BIONICLE’s cancellation has less to do with the name or the theme, but rather the market. If the market improves, then it’s certainly probable that BIONICLE would be one of the themes they’d bring back in a heart beat, and theyd have the confidence to put more heart into it financially BECAUSE the market reassures them that it won’t be a loss. That is the way of the LEGO marketing department.

11 Likes

[hashtag]ThanksForG2

5 Likes

Not really. To be honest, I’m fine with the ending and how it went out. Granted, I planned on not getting any of the 2017 sets because college 'n stuff. Although I do wish the final battle with Makuta had been a little longer, I’m still satisfied with the result. I mean, I’m glad we got G2 over more HF stuff.

At this point, my only hope is that we do get a new Constraction line instead of Star Wars taking the mantle, but that seems unlikely. But, just remember back to 2010, how much potential HF originally had. Granted, it was wasted, but it still had potential which was being built up until that mess known as Brain Attack began and ruined the whole “Von Nebula Returns” thing they had going.

Plus I just think most of the CCBS Star Wars heads are really freakin’ ugly, man. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes