BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

“Welcome to the LEGO® BIONICLE® world. Your builder can earn the Masks of Power. They’ll pretend they’re on an island to help defeat the evil Makuta.”

Is this a joke?

I feel like no effort was put into this.

13 Likes

Tbh I also would like to see a new theme which has the similar traits as Bionicle had but instead of maori culture, it could come up using native Indian culture for example. The mythical feeling and environment with hidden secrets also must be there! Call me crazy but after all this, I’d like to see some Voodoo head styled sets. But for children sake Lego, let it use a new construction system to make it original and set it apart from previous construction sets to show, it is something new!

Much Wow!

2 Likes

That’s actually pretty funny. Reminds me of the blurbs on old action figure boxes like ROM.

6 Likes

LEGO® NINJAGO™ is an exciting world of ninjas battling against evil. Your child will love role playing their exciting and varied adventures.

LEGO® Star Wars™ provides amazing play opportunities for your child. They can develop their construction skills by building vehicles from the Star Wars saga.

While I don’t thinks it’s a joke.

10 Likes

is this a joke…

and in dutch that sentence is even more awfull…

5 Likes

thats actually a clever sentence

1 Like

yes I sadly did.

4 Likes

“your builder can earn the masks of power” its sorta like the kid can pretend by being a toa by helping around the house and Earn a bionicle set

7 Likes

Do you like the Makuta combiner? What would you modify on it? Do you thing it looks better with the Mask of Control or the MoUP?

1 Like

The second one really wasn’t as good. The sets were great, but everything else went down the toilet. If it DOES get rebooted again, I’d love to see it done RIGHT. Maybe even see Ekimu again. I liked Ekimu.

7 Likes

Yes please. I need this.

6 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, the decision to bring back bionicle was made in 2012, at the time, lego would have had no idea they would be struggling to keep up with demand and have to cut something, if that is the case. By the time 2015 rolled around, it was probably too late to turn back and wait for bionicle’s return, as the sets were already being made. Of course, this is just speculation.

5 Likes

I want them to reboot it just to see if they could do it right using what they’ve gathered from BIONICLE fans these past two years, even if following BIONICLE a third time is just for science on my part.

10 Likes

Just because the Agil polybag

12 Likes

There’s a new piece on Agil’s bottom. Never saw that before.

1 Like

You can attach the piece to Ekimu’s leg (The same way, as Umarak’s) to store the shield on it, like in the The Journey to One, so Agil could sit on Ekimu’s arm.
Just like this (the red pieces, and Yes, I made custom legs for Agil)

8 Likes