BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Pretty sure you should blur that image. The bottom has an offensive word in it.

4 Likes

Is there some joke here I’m missing?

Yeah what do you mean? @Xephix

So, I just had to delete a ton of off-topic posts that didn’t need to be here. I’ll be nice and remind everyone to stay on topic, and that this specific topic has an off-topic penalty of a 24 hour suspension. Any further off-topic discussion will be addressed with that punishment.

9 Likes

So yesterday I went to the Lego store in Arese (Italy, obviously), and look at the gold mine I found!

At 2€ each! I bought two so that I can display my MOUPs.

And endless rows of… Quake Beasts…

(yeah, I don’t know why I photographed the boxes like this either).

In America, people struggle to find the summer sets. Here, we have far too many of them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

18 Likes

arrrrrrrrgh the jelly is too stronk

4 Likes

Dang.
And you once said Americans were lucky.
:grinning:

ME WANT GOLDEN SKULL MASK. NEED IT!!

4 Likes

how many are there in the picture?

I spent 25 euro on 2 :(
Well atleast I own it.
3 Likes

I’m so despicable by showing you guys those images :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Cause you are! I would have loved to join Brickfair, go to the bonkle NYCC panel in 2014, get the other exclusive translucent masks and all that good stuff :slight_smile:.

New world record?

Yeah, me too. if I knew that they were going to be sold where I live I would not have bought one last year for 13€.

3 Likes

oh well I still have them so I’m still happy. But If I had been in that store I would have bought 10 of those masks xD

looks like Italy knows their math atleast. 15 for a quake not freaking 20 euro >:[

1 Like

Well, it’s a Lego store, so I guess they’re also kind of obligated to keep the recommended price.
In other shops the prices are generally a bit higher because of the incredibly high taxes and such.

nope even LEGO themself have the wrong prices. And this started since 2016.

2 Likes

Oh, ok, so I guess we are good at math then :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

Translated some german bionicle video descs.

Umarak
As the creatures of the elements have been born thousands of years ago, sprang from the shadows, a terrible monster, the only one aim knew: caught in the dark to keep the creatures and to deprive them of their power. The guardians he is known as Umarak, which means in their language means “Shadow Hunter”. They fear him very much and pray that the Toa are strong enough to stop him. Should the Shadowhunter ever track the creatures of the elements, it’s a bad way to Okoto.

Ekimu
The old mask Doers beings of great power and wisdom. Thousands of years ago he forged masks the power to use these good causes. That was before Makuta’s betrayal. Be the envy of Ekimus brother has disturbed the natural balance, causing a violent explosion, which has enabled both of mask makers in a deep sleep. Through the power of the combined elements Ekimu has now been brought back to life, so he receives as a leader in the fight against evil.

6 Likes

Jesus,send me some! lol
I live in Abruzzo and here we don’t even have a Lego Store…i had to buy the 2gen on Amazon.

2 Likes

Since four months ago or something like that there wasn’t a Lego store “here” either, so I understand :stuck_out_tongue:.

So, today I was visiting a wonderful place called Val Camonica, where there are some amazing ancient rock carvings, and I found this:

(clearer drawing of the carving above)

This is the most ancient representation in Europe of a god called Cernunnos, that used to be the protector of hunters, and wore huge antlers and a long knife (the knife is actually in the carving, you just can’t see it very clearly).

I think I found another possible inspiration for Umarak the Hunter (if someone hasn’t found it before).

Thoughts?

12 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tell Me About Your Dreams

So THAT’S where the inspiration for the disproportionately long torso’s the 2016 winter wave had came from. It all makes perfect sense. :wink:

9 Likes