BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Maybe one day Star Wars will bring a lot of attention to constraction, and maybe one day the action figure market will be better. If that were to happen, I can see them bringing BIONICLE back, because it’s not just a theme we love, it’s their baby, and they love it too. BIONICLE’s cancellation has less to do with the name or the theme, but rather the market. If the market improves, then it’s certainly probable that BIONICLE would be one of the themes they’d bring back in a heart beat, and theyd have the confidence to put more heart into it financially BECAUSE the market reassures them that it won’t be a loss. That is the way of the LEGO marketing department.

11 Likes

[hashtag]ThanksForG2

5 Likes

Not really. To be honest, I’m fine with the ending and how it went out. Granted, I planned on not getting any of the 2017 sets because college 'n stuff. Although I do wish the final battle with Makuta had been a little longer, I’m still satisfied with the result. I mean, I’m glad we got G2 over more HF stuff.

At this point, my only hope is that we do get a new Constraction line instead of Star Wars taking the mantle, but that seems unlikely. But, just remember back to 2010, how much potential HF originally had. Granted, it was wasted, but it still had potential which was being built up until that mess known as Brain Attack began and ruined the whole “Von Nebula Returns” thing they had going.

Plus I just think most of the CCBS Star Wars heads are really freakin’ ugly, man. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

put a hashtag on there son and we’ve got something!

1 Like

Lets get it out there.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think you might be right :thumbsup:

I just hope that if it comes back, its a continuation of g2 and does well :stuck_out_tongue:

Im suuure ready to see the reactions on the next TTV podcast. Hopefully TTV will think twice and carefully on what their future plans are now that Bionicle is cancelled for the long run.

1 Like

I guess they also ran out of ideas for 2017. It could be one reason but not the major one.

Hold it… so it means we aren’t even going to get a Tv advertisement for this summer wave? :sweat:

1 Like

I don’t. If constraction SW continues on as the movies come out, it could bring a lot more awareness to constraction and show that LEGO isn’t JUST bricks. If it can build constraction up enough, then we might get to see LEGO bring back BIONICLE for our children, and that’s something I want mine to experience.

3 Likes

rip in rip 2015-2016.

I’m really sad and depressed right now.

cri

4 Likes

Thats illogical, there are tons of ideas they could have come up with. Lack of ideas is not what they had issues with, its the restrictions and limitations to that wide rage of creative thought.

3 Likes

Aww this is pretty upsetting. I’ve been a fan for 10 years and its sad to see it go again.

Spoiler:What bugs me is that Makuta didn’t get his time to shine. He was just coming out of the portal and they all shot him back in. I really wanted to see him fight the toa/ A better ending. But the ending was ok I guess.

I would also like to say that its not just Lego’s fault that Bionicle ended. This generation just is not into action figures and the such. I believe that TTV mentioned even transformers were on the decline.

The sets were great for sure but I guess its time to move on. Thanks Lego for giving us another chance to enjoy Bionicle.

10 Likes

This is going off topic, but they already have they are branching out into system themes. Also over the last couple weeks there subscriber count has gone up a lot.

Welp, it’s over.

Might as well finish my collection and be done.

What a shame, too. I really liked Generation 2, a ton in fact. Such a shame it had to end this way. But thank you Lego regardless. It was grand.

(At least we got good sets from them.)

14 Likes

We didn’t even get a big Makuta vs the Toa fight. That’s all I needed for an end to G2. :confused:

11 Likes

Biggest kick in the teeth of all if you ask me!

3 Likes

Hey don’t worry at least we still have the online ser- oh wait. GREG WHY!

2 Likes

The biggest point of contention is that we’re not even getting a Makuta set.

Like, what the heck. That’s not cool.

12 Likes

Hopefully the Next constraction theme will be better than hero factory

3 Likes