BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

The mask doesn’t exactly look forged, it looks like bark, the mask of shadows could have easily been created along side the being of shadows.
Doesn’t seem unlikely to me.

10 Likes

@BBC1Wholock1
I always saw the “Hunter mask” as a more of a metaphor; a primeval, ancient hunter should be a pretty good hunter without a magic mask.

We have no official confirmation for this.

1 Like

JTO episode one’s trailer has been uploaded to the offical site. Pretty late for that.

4 Likes

Although that would be really cool I think its really unlikely

2 Likes

Not really. We were just all waiting for it, so it seems late when it will stay up for a long time in actuality.

Is it possible that the shadow clones of Umarak were mostly made of an illusion, and extremely fragile? This is why Umarak rarely uses them and it seems to disappear after pohatu flips it over his back

7 Likes

I found something very interesting that was uploaded by one of the people who worked for VOLTA…

The webpage gives a little bit of inside info, some behind-the-scenes work, and higher-quality stills and photos. (some of them are new!)

This page mainly revolves around the poster, as the author states…
“Work done at VOLTA for the LEGO Bionicle brand. The goal of this project was to create a poster for the new Netflix animated series evoking the mystery and epicness of the Bionicle universe as well as carry the traditional look of adventure movies.”

18 Likes

Illuminati anyone?

19 Likes

Only in the that one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Actually, though, triangles are a big part of a lot of famous artwork, particularly in the Renaissance…

Not that BIONICLE is supposed to be Renaissance quality…right? :wink:

4 Likes

Extremely drunk Illuminate. Also someone should take JtO footage and make an AMV using Holy Diver(DIO version, because Killswitch is terrible).

Its still late regardless, should have been advertised on the website since around the 20th of February.

I always viewed them as villagers/protectors who were gifted powerful masks by another being.

Joking aside, i like the idea of this.

The wings of Ikir and the positioning of the Mask of Control draw the viewers attention to the centre of the screen. Umarak’s gaze is directed primarily at Ikir, however its made so that he is also looking towards Gali, emphasising her - which may help viewers of this poster to acknowledge that they have a female character.

Its made to draw your attention to Gali, Kopaka and Tahu which makes sense considering they represent the two best selling sets and the female set (which Lego believes is necessary to entice female fans)

Doubt we have enough footage of the villains or scenes that would allow that to work yet, maybe when we get the second half of the series…

6 Likes

From the island’s elemental forces, two brothers, known as the Mask Makers, created Masks of Power.”

Doesn’t that line imply that Ekimu and Makuta created the very first Masks of Power?

2 Likes

Nope.

It just states that two brothers made masks of power. It doesn’t state they were the first to do any of that - and it still leaves the question of ‘who made their masks?’

All the line says is that;

• Ekimu and Makuta are brothers
  • They are Mask Makers (Unsaid if title or species)
  • They made masks from the elemental forces
  • They created Masks Of Power

Considering the ‘masks of power’ for G2 are Makuta’s mask, Ekimu’s mask and the MoUP and in the Netflix series we learn that The toa recognise the Okotean language from somewhere and seem to remember the maze also from somewhere other than their vision… its possible that someone made Ekimu and Makuta’s masks (Mask of Control, Mask of Creation) along with other masks such as the Golden masks of Unity…

3 Likes

I’m assuming that idea came from everyone in G2 being part-robot, right?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Actually, in the Prologue for JtO, Narmoto says the Mask Makers’ masks were “too powerful to be given to mortals,” implying that Ekimu and Makuta are immortal…

2 Likes

I have one question:
would it be illegal if I recorded some parts of the JtO episodes and edited them into a BMV? (BIONICLE Music Video)

I don’t want to get into any legal trouble or anything, just making sure

3 Likes

Well… You should be protected by fair use.
Does YouTube know what that is?
#NOPE
So yes, legally, you’re in the clear. But that doesn’t mean your vid isn’t at risk.

14 Likes

I can’t wait for someone to put the trans neon green scorpio mask on a trans neon green head (from the summer sets) with a trans neon green eye stalk then put it under a black light and watch the world burn, literally :sunglasses: