BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

A post was merged into an existing topic: Your LEGO Display!

As have I. It’s an accomplishment(?) that I like to look at upon my shelf.

3 Likes

Go show off how rich you (sniff) see if I care :tired_face:

4 Likes

thats pretty cool , the 2016 sets only arrived here a couple of days ago so i only have 2 of the 2016 sets. so far.

3 Likes

I think my BIONICLE Theme in general is going to have an entire shelf to itself.
:+1:

Anyways, the biggest problem I have for 2016 isn’t the sets themselves… it’s what set(s) I should get next.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Kopaka and Umarak are musts.

3 Likes

I think Lewa is worth it too…the arms and weapons can be annoying, but the set itself with Uxar is awesome. I agree though, probably the best sets to get if you’re on a budget is the Kopaka/Melum Unity set and Umarak. Both are great, both have all you need for the 2016 year…there’s not much more to say.

2 Likes

Scratch Kopaka with Melum and add Uxar to go with Umarak and its perfect.

1 Like

I think tahu is the best toa (obviously) if you just get one. He seems to be the most well rounded.

2 Likes

My big issue with him is how tall he is…
He steals Umarak’s big villain thunder by being practically the same height.

3 Likes

The antlers fix that for me. Plus, Destroyer will change that.

1 Like

Speaking of which…
I’m hyped for the destroyer. I still need more of the winter wave, but the destroyer is much amaze/ very big/ wow.

6 Likes

Eh, I love trans neon green…but I’m still not convinced by Umarak the Destroyer…I prefer the hunter look much more. Makes him look very unique whereas Destroyer is a bit generic. At least for me.

1 Like

At least they didn’t use trans orange!
… Hunter is unique, but destroyer is still awesome.

1 Like

Destroyer is ok, not great IMO.
I mean I like his hand function
I love his legs
I love his mask
I love his colors

But all of this is greatly damaged by his back, the gunmetal skull torso id nice but when you go upwards it looks horrible, super gappy.

This is not the only issue, while I like the idea of the horns coming out of the Mask It looks really bad when those black technic bits are in the middle they could have painted them gold and yes they can paint technic bits on other colors (they did for a friends set) and now this is not an issue I might have, but the waist articulation is good, but I fear that for little kids using the actual function might be hard for all the heaviness of the upper half.

Overall the cons do not ruin the set, but they do make it weak.

5 Likes

U WOT M8 UMARAK IS THE BEST SET IN G2

Unlike storm beast

/s

I really like umarak and the whole summer wave in that matter, I really think lego is trying new things which is great IMO.
I’m not so fond of quake beast though but at least lego tried something new

4 Likes

Yeah, I have to agree with your assessment. Like he’s a good set…I’m just not as interested in him…maybe now…who knows, perhaps reviews will change my mind? I think I’ll probably just be picking up Lava Beast…maybe Storm Beast…although, I kinda like Quake Beast.

Exactly, I do like that they are actually playing around with the designs. Just because I’m not fond of a design, doesn’t mean their efforts are all for naught. Plus, I love the Uniters and they are all design risks.

1 Like

This has happened so much…
Which now that I bring this up I like the new names, a bit more menacing but… I wished the beasts had names, I mean they could be army builders but eh.

And also I decided to give QB a second chance and see how his function worked, it is worse than I expected it is absolutely horrible. However I decided to buy it, it will be an amazing parts pack. I won’t even bother building the set.

4 Likes

I’m glad you agree, I’m sick of people seeing a set like quake beast and saying “ugh the set designers are being so lazy” just cause it doesn’t look the best.

@White_Rainbow Oops auto-correct

1 Like