BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Has anyone thought of a way to fill in Storm Beast’s open sockets?

1 Like

Use Ball pieces.

Kinda simple actually

Also I"M BACK
not in black

7 Likes

I’m probably one of the few people who don’t over-analyze the sets and just thinks they look cool.

8 Likes

Back in my day, open sockets and ball joints were deliberate decoration and people were grateful for them.

shakes fist at fussy young whippersnappers

6 Likes

i been here since the beginning
they were never deco
jokinhh

Personally, I don’t think the open sockets on Storm Beasts claws bother me that much. If anything, I just see them as extra pairs of spikes.

4 Likes

Also, Storm Beast’s open sockets give an extra play feature.

Announcer: “The evil Storm Beast is coming to capture the Creatures! Attach its Socket of Captivity™ to the Creature’s Open Ball Joint™ to trap it forever! Will Magical Ghost Ekimu have enough Plot Power to save the day? You decide! (Each set sold separately.)”

12 Likes

Deus ex machina the socket?
i’m up for that

Inspiration for Storm Beast?

This is kind of why i preferred more technic builds as you can just use all the technic pieces from the other two sets to bulk-up the other. In the case of CCBS combiners you are normally left with a ton of bones and shells because its difficult to include them.

Honestly, will probably just replace them with the same style as Hydraxon hands just using the claw pieces. No reason for them to really use the foot piece in the set other than cutting down on pieces i guess.

3 Likes

I do that too. I really try not to analyze the sets, tbh.

Can we please discuss
how Uxar has shell like wings
In a revamp i am working on i;ve adapted his wings to where for headcanon rasond his wings form a big shell

i wonder if lego ever thought the same

You’re not alone.
You got a friend in me

3 Likes

To me none of them look bad, the functions are all cool and they are certainly better than LAST YEAR’S summer wave (Skull scorpio vs quake beast who will win… I’ll give you a hint it’s quake beast)

3 Likes

Whilst it’s true none of them are bad, none of them are that great. Umarak comes close but neck construction shiver

@White_Rainbow I don’t think it looks that bad

Pffft not a chance imo. QB’s function doesn’t have anything revolutionary about it other than the way it’s integrated, just a normal side punch, I mean it could be cool, but it looks so messy and the crank that activates it is so annoying.

That’s fine, but I think it’s terrible, nothing gonna change that.

4 Likes

You have the set?
if so do tell how that crank is annoying
if not then you can’t really say it is other than by looks

if this post comes off sarcastic i am sorry.

3 Likes

At least it has articulation, and trans purple. Scorpio had…neither

3 Likes

We shall see

Yeah you’re probably right, I’ve seen how much you hate him/her

@D_S but Scorpio had…I’ll get back to you when I think of something

3 Likes

Don’t worry you do have a point, I say this having built the function with my own parts, personally it comes of as annoying. This wouldn’t be the case if it rotated 360º but it doesn’t.

Opinions on functions:

LB: It’s small but fuuuuun (talking about the blade wings thingys)
SB: FUN, but kinda loose.
QB: Dislike it, period

2 Likes

you can always make a mock-up

2 Likes