BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Ekimu and Umarak are the ones I’ll buy first (though not necessarily in that order).
They are both awesome.

The only thing that really throws me off is the silver beast jaw on the Destroyer.

It’s kind of hard for me to see it as the mouth with the Golden Mask of Control/Corruption. If I would change anything, I’d make it a gold jaw…or maybe not.

I have to buy the sets first.

2 Likes

I dont think those words go together/s

Honestly I agree with most of your points but just switch Storm beast and Quake beast :wink:

1 Like

I don’t own any sets, so of course opinions can change. Keep in mind that, contrary to what some believe, 7 is still a ‘good’.

Umarak: 8/10
Ekimu: 7/10
SB: 7/10
LB: 6/10
QB: 5/10

4 Likes

Yeah I plan to get Ekimu and Umarak at the same time, and then the Beasts some other time.

If they don’t have Ekimu or Umarak, I’ll get the Beasts.

1 Like

I just wish instead of going online for the instructions for the combiner they added it to the back on the instructions like they did back in 2005. That way you can use that once you get the set, especially if you don’t have internet.

8 Likes

I’m interested in hearing out your opinions, just to know what people see on it that I don’t.

I’ll quickly state my points on why I hate it and why I think SB is a great set.

One thing I do give credit to QB is the seletcion of colors, lots and lots of translucent purple pieces, excellent for MOCs. Another thing is that if I only saw QB’s shadow I would say it looks great and menacing, but the color distribution and function are what make it all fall appart to me. The function is not something that I am interested in, it doesn’t do much and it looks horrible from the back and in other angles, the mask is out of place and so is the chest.

That is more than enough for me to dislike this set.

As for Storm Beast. I personally find the colors more interesting, the way they look really catches my attention in a good way, and those shells are a must for MOCs. As for the way it looks I’d say it looks the most fierce out of all having that raptorish look, however I don’t like the lack of elbows, but it is not too bad, neither are the exposed sockets but they do feel odd. Now te function: this is what does it for me, it may look odd in the back, but the way it works and what it does seems really creative, it is a completely new concept that I personally think is great.

bonus on it: Kanohi game so I was testing my MOC ups in the Kanohi game as some may know, and as I tested SB it is probably the one that works the best. Believe it or not, the claws are able to hold a mask with enough strength that pullin it out with the function will pull it off and keep it held in SB’s hand.

I know some may not agree, and that is fine, but this is why I personally like one above the other.

2 Likes

This face molding thing certainly wont be happening, never did and no indication of it ever to happen. Plus there is no expense reason for them to do that for a line thats not bringing in all the big bucks. Plus it cost to make individual molds for specific characters…this is actually a step down from what LEGO is, which is building something special from seemingly standard/non-special pieces. Not to mention the permanent emoted face is gonna get old really fast, which would just make me put their masks so I dont need to see their faces, also it would hinder light piping on some, neutral here is the way to go.

And no, the Krana dont count, The work more like Mask.

But it saves up paper, ecologically friendly.

6 Likes

right now these sets are
Ekimu 6
SB 5.8
QB 5.5
LB 7
UtD 7.5
for me.
I’m looking forward too them though. mostly because I want to get new MOC parts. and I really want all the masks.

Ooh, I know! Let’s skip the instructions entirely and just give kids a set with no instructions, just an image!

Now what I meant.

No, let’s make this like instruction manuals!
http://www.fao.org/DOCREP/003/W7260E/W7260E40.gif

No, kids would never understand that.

I know! Let’s save on plastic and not give the kids anything! Just let them play video games on line all day!

Brilliant!

/s

~W12~

5 Likes

Now you are just exaggerating needlessly. If the kids are smart enough top play video games and go on internet in those years, they can also download the instructions from the site.

There is literally no point in having that kind needless add on of thing in this day in age when everything is going digital. The physical instructions for the payed set are not going anywhere (not sure how you ended up with that kind of questionable conclusion), but they are removing needles add-ons to reduce costs and bump up productivity and marketing by also making it available through the site to be accessed, while also promoting the products when thats done.

LEGO is a company first and foremost and much more older than you, they know what they should be doing.

4 Likes

True. On the other hand, you all complain about G2’s lack of marketing. In the old days the instructions had pictures of the site, story info, and all the other sets. Now we’re lucky if we see all the Toa sets.

So simple =/= better.

~W12~

3 Likes

You also forget to mention the negative marketing the “fans” themselves did for this line because its not what their own selfish and closeminded eyes wanted. (Word of mouth has been proven much stronger than regular marketing, for example: the success of Minecraft was done through word of mouth).

And you also forget to mention that previously LEGO was loosing a lot of money for stuff like this which while all nice and dandy for us was hurting a company which wanted to expand. So naturally they evolved and perfected things that needed perfecting.

Remember, it is a company first and foremost, and any companies first priority is profit so that they can stay up-float and provide future desirable things. And certain marketing things while suck from our greedy point of view, is very understandable from a companies point of view.

All of this you are talking about is just pointless nitpick, the instructions are fine and the distribution of them is keeping with the times.

4 Likes

I did not know either of this.
You learn something new every day.

Fair enough. I still agree with Chronicler, the sets should be stand-alone and not need online material for the full experience. But I can see you don’t agree and won’t. So we can agree to disagree.

~W12~

2 Likes

do you guys think Storm and Quake are based of any kind of animal?
lava seems to be some sort of bat.

You may not agree with it, but thems the facts and they are staying. You can ether accept them or continue denying that they are a thing now.

And also your last sentence contradicts the statements I made, I also said the sets should be stand-alone and yet you said it as if I disagreed with that, which is totally untrue.

You’d rather have a trans-purple mask over a trans-neon green head? That would look disgusting.

4 Likes

Lego makes tons of instruction booklets a year, many bigger than the BIONICLE ones. They’re not gonna be “ecologically friendly” that way.

Adding instructions for the sets also encourages kids to be curious and WANT the other sets so they can build the combiner. I knew I did back when I was younger. It would be great if they did that for future BIONICLE sets.

3 Likes

My guesses;

Lava is a Bull/Pterosaur hybrid
Storm is based off a Raptor
Quake is unidentifiable, but if you were to point a stud shooter to my head I would say that he’s a toad

5 Likes

I can see the inspiration behind SB and LB, but QB doesn’t seem like he’s based on anything, he’s just a gross, malformed monster. Kinda makes me think of the amalgamates from Undertale.

3 Likes

what you are saying here is they do damage so more damage doesn’t matter.

no what they do certainly isn’t ecologically friendly however it should all be kept to a minimum. one extra page may seem like nothing but when you produce that set one million times that one page just became a couple of trees.

2 Likes