BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Well you are not a kid now, kids today are very different from kids 5 , 10 or 15 years ago and different life styles and access to different things from a young age…so your example can only go so far unless proven through other kids today that is actually still a way to go.

1 Like

If they are simply malformed monsters with “natural” crystal growths, then I would bet that many would not look the same, some having more or less crystal than others and on different parts of their bodies…we can only hope that in JTO they will have some kind of variation between the beasts like they kinda tried to do with the Skull Warriors for more realism.

4 Likes

The Beast feel like much more powerful Umarak shadow projections as seen in JtO…

They even share mask similarities with the hunters mask.

And now things start to become political.

Look, all I’m saying is that it would be neat if Lego added combiner instructions, it would be much appreciated. I don’t like having to take my sets apart near my laptop and then have to keep looking back at it. Having a chunk of technology uses a ton of more space.

If you say “just print the instructions” then your argument loses anyways. It would be a ton more convenient to have access to combiner instructions included with the sets.

Except they also had instructions for combiners back in 2006 and included them in the instructions. So yeah, it still applies.

1 Like

Do you know when was 2006, yeah 10 years ago. Big freaking differences. Even one generational year can be different from the former.

Also no, there were no additional combiner instructions in the 2006 sets physical instructions. (I know since I have popped up Jallers instructions to see this and I was proven right).

Your argument loses water here if you realize that LEGO has downgraded the website since 2006. Their online website has less content then it used to. How in any way does that “cater to a new generation”?

Jaller didn’t have a combiner. Go look at a Piraka instruction.

~W12~

3 Likes

I’m not dumb you know, I just don’t understand the point to add instructions online. By that point you might as well make the set instructions online as well, if they expect us to hop on a computer and look for the combiner stuff. Not my slice of cake. I’d much rather prefer instructions that come in the box so I don’t have to needlessly go on a website for all of this.

2 Likes

Well then he needs to be specific, 2006 had a lot of sets and only saying the whole year had it is not true.

What you prefer is not what is gonna actually happen, what all of us sometimes prefer is not realistic in the current state of things.

Also by this point we are freaking off topic guys.

1 Like

It promotes their website though doesn’t it?

2 Likes

I suppose that IS a pro to it. Haven’t thought of that.

I would disagree. We’re talking about the contents of BIONICLE 2016 sets.

5 Likes

The instructions give a good reason for people to go to the website (which tbh is the only thing getting me to the site). I mean the only other worth while thing is the monthly chapters and those aren’t much to write home about.

THAT is actually a big problem with the digital age. But since lego products aren’t obscure we don’t need to worry about that kind of thing happening. other sites like brickset store alot of data.

1 Like

Actually I believe Biomediaproject manages to save them on their website.

1 Like

There are countless sites besides LEGOs main one that archive the instructions by this point. Its never lost.

Best Onu Archivist I have seen.

It also sucks realising when you are older that all of your old physical instructions and canisters were thrown out by parents and realising that you have no place to get them again without paying money…unless you use sites which archived them (well not for canisters, we are not to those levels of 3D printing yet)

1 Like

Which is why they should be included in physical copies.

Anyways, I’d like to say that, after playing with Storm Beast, his function gets a bit annoying to use at times. Sometimes I go father with the arm than I want to. However, the force of the punch is VERY strong, something I commend Lego for. The added friction is also a nice touch.

1 Like

I find it interesting that LEGO chose to do a trans-black for the colors of the crystals on Lava Beast’s arms rather than trans-orange.
I actually like it.

8 Likes

it’s actually trans brown, according to lego that is.

disclaimer I may be wrong xd
1 Like

I like it, too. One issue, though: There isn’t any other trans-black CCBS to go along with it!

4 Likes