BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I want lava beast for the infected hau. It’s kind of tradition for the hau to be infected. That’s why I hated 2015.

Oh yeah, I remember Pohatu having the Kaukau in that colour.

2 Likes

I think electronic instructions are good. Even if they’re removed from Lego’s main site, you can still have access to them via sites like BrickInstructions.

6 Likes

Link?

This is the same trans neon orange as used for the current line.

Not to confuse it with trans orange, which is used on sets like Jaller (which is a bit less sharper for the eyes the trans neon orange)
http://www.bzpower.com/Imaging/stories/Jaller_Pieces-4.jpg

(My Kulta has both of those oranges and they are different in a not much but still noticeable way)

But today trans neon orange is used as the trans equivalent to…regular red.

And trans red is used as the trans equivalent to…dark red.

4 Likes

Haven’t been paying much attention to the discussion but do the summer sets not come with instructions?

1 Like

Like, I can kind of see why people are upset with this wave, but most of their complaints are directly about Quake Beast, and that’s just one set. Honestly, Quake Beast is just the Krekka/Gadunka/Chirox/Krika/Kiina/Keetongu/Pohatu Phantoka of the wave. They were all awkward and were either gappy, or had some type of posability/unsightly unarmored places. Some of them, like Quake Beast, had all of those.

I don’t even think that the function is what got in the way of his looks, I think they could have tried harder to make it more cohesive and just didn’t. By now I’ve learned that when making a set, LEGO also considers part numbers and quantities for MOCists. It was the sole reason Tahu and Kopaka use piece of unification on their legs (confirmed by their designer, John Ho). With the large amount of those shorter brown axle pieces (first introduced in Uniter Tahu’s sword function) in the set, in places they don’t need to exist, along with the oddly out of place sword pieces and haphazardly made “rock arm” (if you can call it that), it seems pretty clear that LEGO made this set a parts pack first, and an actual figure second.

My point is, while Quake Beast is a mediocre set in all honesty for a lot of people, the rest of the wave is pretty solid, with a few flaws (but what sets don’t have flaws?) that are easy to look over with what they bring to the table. It’s a really good wave, and I don’t think people should drag it through the mud just because of one bad apple. Otherwise a lot of other waves and themes deserve the same treatment.

12 Likes

Oh, they come with instructions.
Just not for the huge combiner of Umarak the Destroyer and the Beasties.
That’s an online thing.

@TeslaEffect @Darknova3529
I need the link for LEGO stating the crystals on Lava Beast are trans-brown.

Quake Beast is way better than Bruizer, the one everyone compares him to. Despite the asymmetry and questionable building choices, he still is a very creative set and conveys the mutated crystal-like being perfectly.

@BBC1Wholock1 There is no actual statement, rather it was used as a trans equivalent to brown in 2001.

6 Likes

I don’t remember who said that (I might have goofed) but someone said trans brown.
and if you look at the pictures it seems to have a tint of brown in it.

1 Like

For the record, Lego has released the official color palette they use for 2016.

And yes, that is listed as Transparent Brown.

18 Likes

So all this time Tahu was Pear Gold, Red, and Trans brown…kek. (still more brown than Pohatu has).

But wait…wait, wait @Eljay , this is not the trans brown we were talking about…we were talking about this “Trans Fluorescent Red Orange” as they call it and how it was used as a trans equivalent to brown in 2001…which was at that time a trans brown colour (but only then).

2 Likes

no not those orange pieces the crystal shells

I wish they would use matoro trans blue again that color was awsome and it glows when lit by a blacklight.

yay :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess the Lava Beast crystal shells are trans brown instead of trans black…@Darknova3529 was completely right with this one.

Also reading these names for the colour palettes its like realising your whole life was a lie and you were saying things wrongly the whole time…not just me, but all of us.

Pearl Gold…pff its actually Warm Gold.
Keetorange…yeah right, its Flame Yellow Orange.
Purple…how about Medium Lilac.
Trans. Black…gurl, its Trans. BROWN!
Onepu Purple…da hell, not purple, Bright Red Violet

3 Likes

Oooh, whoopsie daisy. In either case, the color palette is helpful. =P

6 Likes

Yes, yes its very helpful having the official names.

Now we can use those instead of making up ours which vary from one source to another.

Lava has straight up a demonic presence, an imp, to be exact.
Storm reminds me of a very ugly toad and Quake is Bruizer 2.0

They haven’t had combiner instructions for a while.

1 Like

Quake Beast is far better than Bruizer ever was, calling him Bruizer 2.0 is an insult to Quake Beast which is as I mentioned:[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:25181, topic:15529”]
Despite the asymmetry and questionable building choices, he still is a very creative set and conveys the mutated crystal-like being perfectly.
[/quote]

Bruizer havent even properly conveyed its theme that well…not to mention the two gear mechanism are night and day in terms of quality.

4 Likes

How it’s an insult?
2.0 means the version is new and improved.

3 Likes