BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Were it intentional to use Finnish word for gold (kulta) I would go by the basis of naming the rest of the skull crew by stealing rest of their names from the Finnish dictionary.

And whatever language Umarak was named by I would use that for the beasts and maybe even the creatures

2 Likes

Maybe they can have further meaning as well. If Kulta is Finnish for gold, and since gold is represented by the sun in alchemy, then Skull Basher and Skull Slicer’s names can be the first two planets from the sun (Mercury and Venus), which are representative of quicksilver and copper. Translate both to Finnish and they become Elohopea and Kupari. That way the names are based off metals, celestial bodies, and alchemy. At least that would be nice to go that far imo.

2 Likes

But they’re not individuals. They’re mindless horde enemies serving their master. Just because they can use their hands correctly to grab a mask doesn’t mean that they’re smart enough to have a self-serving purpose to do so. They’re just doing what they’re told to do, much like the Bohrok were when they’d knock masks off and then do their mind control thing.

2 Likes

I think the planetary connection is pretty unneeded.

As Slicer is told to be the second in command I would just call him Hopea (silver)

And as Basher is the strongest one around I think it would be fitting to name him after titanium, Titaani.

2 Likes

Maybe two collective names for both Warriors and Scorpios would work. Something less simple, similar to “Bohrok”.

@GK733 That could work, too. I just use alchemical symbols because they’re cool (Funnily enough, silver has the symbol of the moon).

th… thats not what i meant, the skull warriors for example would fit the hole “individual” thing, i mean they are re-animated bodies, and i just like to think that they are not mindless clones of one another, but just people who wear similar armor.

What i mean is to atleast show that the named guys like Umarak are not the only villain who have a personality. Even the stormtroopers in star wars where individuals, though they are never placed in a position of importance unless it ties to the plot.

You can call the horde enemies like Skull Warriors for Skull Warriors, but that does not need to mean that they do not have a brain nor are anything but puppets that fall over dead once you beat down the puppet master.

Actualy, Slicer would be the the third in command, because its Basher who come more off as Kulta’s second in command, given how he is Kulta’s bodyguard and the strongest skull villain next to Kulta himself.

1 Like

Well that’s a lot harder then, as I don’ personally feel Hopea is that fitting for Basher.
But if we go merely by their ranks it would be
Kulta, Hopea and Pronssi

This is becoming way too offtopic BTW, what was Umarak named by?

2 Likes

if you wonder what “Umarak” means, its Okotoan for “Shadow Hunter”

No that, I remember someone finding out it was based clearly on some slavic words, I just can’t remember what it was or who here found it out.

I don’t think it has any influence from any language, not like Kulta. Maybe he was also named after a constellation, like the Toa.

No, someone actually found it out.

Or maybe Makuta wasn’t evil then, and Kulta wasn’t evil as well.

Seems like Kulta is just a loyal follower of Makuta. His secretary, if you will. Makuta goes “bad”, Kulta just tags along. Something tells me that the underworld is filled with a whole bunch of skull-beings, who might be oppressed by the Okotans because of how “scary” they look. Makuta may have helped them with political representation during his rule as a mask maker, keeping peace between them and the pretentious Okotans. Once Makuta falls and loses himself to the mask, Kulta and his kin still follow him out of respect and loyalty.

11 Likes

Except… we did get it in black. Lava beast had black with red accents. Those red accents could be taken out due to this looking very preliminary

2 Likes

Already realized my mistake. :stuck_out_tongue:

Man… Kulta is really discriminating his second lieutenant, like, not even mentioning him…

R.I.P Slicer…

You know what… Slicer vs. Basher, let’s do it!!!

@Mayple But he is still a lieutenant… Confirmed by the source that gave out Kulta’s name for the first time.

3 Likes

He may have just picked up slicer in the city since he’s an arena champion

Ooook? He picks up Slicer, sees his potential and makes him a lieutenant

2 Likes

The same source that said Slicer’s swords were fused to his hands. Right.

~W12~

4 Likes

lel… But, doesn’t it seem plausable???

Anyways, I want Basher and Slicer to get names. LoSS… He’s just a pet.

2 Likes

“Yo you, you’re good at fighting. Join us spooky scary skeletons to take over Okoto.”
“sure bruh”

7 Likes