BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Someone should fire Bionicles marketing team.

4 Likes

Just a little side thing:
In Italy the Beasts have better names (personal opinion).
They’re called Lavic Beast, Tempestuous Beast, and Telluric Beast.

7 Likes

I don’t care how ridiculous that combiner looks, to me it looks cool and I want to see a MOC!

1 Like

The Bionicle website Gallery under Makuta’s Minions.

Personally, I like the simple names for these specific sets. If those were the names used in English speaking countries, you wouldn’t know what the heck they were supposed to be. Lava, Storm, and Quake are simple and to the point, and while unique names are nice for actual characters, the beasts are just horde enemies. An army of many controlled by Umarak. They don’t really need names to distinguish them as a species, especially if they end up just being mutated Shadow Spawn (not unlikely, since there are a lot of similarities between the beasts and the Shadow Spawn model the BIONICLE team made).

1 Like

I hope we get a trailer or something for TJtO Episode 3 soon.

I found an Uxar at a Walmart yesterday, and I rang him up curiously, due to no apparent price tag, and it rung up to $2.50! I went to checkout to see if this was the actual price, and low and behold, it was! The mark down is a little ridiculous, though. I mean, why mark down a great LEGO toy 75% off after only 6.5 months of release? I guess Walmart just wants to make a quick buck.

I have a picture of the receipt, but I had to crop it.

2 Likes

rip BIONICLE

2015-2016.

You could just crop it down to the part with Uxar on it.

1 Like

That’s my second theory now.

I still don’t see how the Beast Head in black (A color we never got) could fit on the Umarak head without it being illegal or resized. Doesn’t look proper to me.

4 Likes

The third book has interesting implications. Kulta was working his evil deeds to Makuta even before Makuta’s death.

Is this a contradiction by Ryder or was Makuta plotting the takeover and just disguised his experiments as mistakes?

3 Likes

From the interviews, the general implication was that the varying media outlets of Bionicle follow a basic plotline but don’t really get informed of what other aspects are doing - as such I’d probably go under the belief he wasn’t informed about the contradiction that could arise.

2 Likes

So my brother recently wanted to see the new summer sets. I showed him the Eurobricks reviews.

He loves most of them…

other then Umarak and Quake beast, he had Umarak the hunter. and he calls this new one a disappointment and disgrace to the Umarak name. He hates the face and proportions…

(I need to get that set now, just to ruin his life)

9 Likes

But this is Ryder pretty much contradicting what he wrote in the Graphic Novel, or so we think.

There is something mischievous that Makuta is trying to do here.

2 Likes

lava beast has it in black mixed with neon orange, it could also be storm beasts dark blue head mixed with neon green if they didnt render it properly.

2 Likes

I guess that makes sense. Dunno why I missed that.

2 Likes

That being said, your right about the connection, unless there is some unseen socket piece connected over the eye stock, then that mask couldn’t stay up there, and we still dont know what those large purple chunks on the legs are.

3 Likes

it would be so nice if LEGO in lore named one of these horde enemies who stole the toa’s mask.

as in it would indicate that the one who stole it is an individual and not some faceless stormtrooper who can’t aim to save their life.

Its why i personaly like to name the skull warrior (who set wise stole Kopaka’s mask) for Greg.

2 Likes

Your mask is not canon…

12 Likes