BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Saying you’ll never buy something from LEGO again is like saying “I don’t like how Pepsi discontinued this one brand of Mountain Dew so I’m not going to drink Pepsi again!”

Just because LEGO discontinues one brand, even if it was deliberately, doesn’t mean you completely turn their back on them.

3 Likes

I mean, if he only likes BIONICLE, then I can see it making sense. If he only liked BIONICLE though, he probably wasn’t going to buy anymore of their products in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Yeah that isn’t the way to do it. If you love Bionicle you should do the exact opposite like I am. BUY EVERY BIONICLE THAT YOU SEE. Prove to Lego that BIONICLE is a viable theme, if they already don’t think it is. Build stuff and tweet it at Lego, go to conventions with a crap load of MOCs. Wear BIONICLE masks for Halloween and share it on Facebook or something, show them that you Love BIONICLE and so do a bunch of other people like we did when G1 ended.

Honestly doing what you said will only hurt the theme.

6 Likes

Alright, I have a question.

Today me and my family went to Toys R Us and I was surprised to find that they were overstocked with Bionicle sets. They even had the entire final wave, which I had been looking for. So, I quickly convinced my dad to get them for me as an “early Christmas present”. However, at checkout Ekimu was rung up as being the same price as Umarak, which I knew was wrong. I stopped my dad before he paid for the sets, and asked the cashier why the set was being charged $10 more than it was supposed to be. The cashier just said that they’re charging whatever it’s priced at. Even after showing them that their own site has the set listed at $14.99, they wouldn’t budge. So, I just got the other sets, and am now ordering Ekimu directly from the Toys R Us site (they actually have free shipping today!). My question is, does anyone know WHY they were charging more for Ekimu?

8 Likes

ToysRUs pulls this shady crap all the time. They do this with other toys as well.

4 Likes

It’s the exact opposite for me. I can count 2 separate occasions where I showed them the prices on their site, and they changed it accordingly.

Has this one been posted before ?

Just thought it may interest some guys.

4 Likes

TRU:

unoriginal response

5 Likes

ok quick question, when do you guys think the consept art for Bionicle G2 will be uploaded on the internet by the people who resived the G2 artbook from the Makuta constest (i mean… it is over right?)

3 Likes

It’s coming up to black friday. stores bump up prices in the week leading up and then ‘reduce’ the price to the rrp on black friday.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had that since August. It’s really really strange.

1 Like

0-0!!! DAS ME!!! DAS ME GUYS!! Seriously though if anybody has any questions about the figure go right ahead. If not, than don’t.

3 Likes

I can message @Djokson, but he or she may or may not have received the prize yet.

2 Likes

Nothing yet, but I’ve heard the stuff might ship out early next month.

4 Likes

I just went to Toys R us didn’t get any Bionicle sets, but I did fake cry also there some guy looking for Bionicle sets in Target.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen a Bonkle set in Target since August.

2 Likes

The Müller near me didn’t even bother to stock the 2016 winter wave in January; last time I was there (this summer), they only had a couple skull villains left along with the Creatures and the 2016 Toa (sans Tahu), but a freaking bookstore next to it had the whole summer 2016 on sale.

1 Like

They have a lot of BIONICLE at my local TRU. They’re all on sale.

3 Likes

The Dark Portal trailer is finally on the BIONICLE website (finally)!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/videos

2 Likes

I just remembered that we never found out who made those carvings in the caves beneath the Mask Maker City (from ROSS). I mean, I doubt Harvali wasted her time doing that, so who did?

I would ask “Why can’t LEGO release the story bible to the fans?”, but I’m pretty sure I know the answer–there probably aren’t any answers to these questions. They had a loose idea for the story, and Windham just added a bunch of random details that were ultimately not meant to go anywhere. Just like the Skull Villains. :frowning:

4 Likes