BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I bet Ryder Windham has the answers we had in the books and graphic novels, but since Bionicle was cancelled he probably not going to answers those questions.

Unless he starts answering those questions on the Lego Message Boards and starts canonizing everything. /s

3 Likes

Let’s just say “the same guys that supposedly made the Temple of Time and the Maze”…

2 Likes

“Ask Windham”

… I actually wish that was a thing.

2 Likes

I’d like to ask him if Ekimu’s coffee was canon?

5 Likes

“No that was a frappe.”

What?

1 Like

When Kahi went to NYCC he ordered a Frappe and he told the barista his name was Ekimu.

1 Like

I think they are referring to the picture that was posted on Facebook for the Mask Maker’s Challenge (below).

I think most of us wish we all knew the answer to that question.
:pensive: -Sigh…

8 Likes

Which brings up a question…

"how in the world does Ekimu drink that coffee? Does he really have to take his extremely powerful mask off whenever he wants a sip? "
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

And the danish, I want to see Ekimu fan-fic of him eating a danish.

1 Like

I hope he is using the Great Mask Of Caffeine for that.

1 Like

But…

You would know if he does, wouldn’t you?

Cuz well, you know…

1 Like

Maybe he uses the Mask of Creation to make a hole for his mouth to sip out of and when he’s done he uses his mask again to fix the hole.

Every other Okotan (and or Toa) has to remove their mask to get a drink… explaining why the Skull Spiders are a big threat at breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and especially supper.
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

'The ancient Mask Maker eyed the steaming beverage, set ever so gingerly on the balcony’s table, which offered a commanding view of the cityscape undulating below. Expelling a regretful sigh, he bade the attendant who had brought the coffee begone, his muttering of thanks almost immediately lost in the wind. The villager bowed his masked head and retreated quietly to the staircase winding down from the Forge. With one last remorseful look at the coffee, Ekimu set about the onerous task of removing the Mask of Creation from his jaded countenance. The moment his face lost contact with the precious artefact, he embraced the all too familiar sensation of strength leaving his body, relinquishing the Mask Maker of all his power in an instant. He felt his muscles slacken and begin to shake, till his small yet stout frame rested almost entirely upon his skeleton. Then, the dregs of his power culminating in a single strained motion, he reached for the mug and grabbed it, the tantalising aroma helping his concentration. The coffee began to scald his hand, though Ekimu did not mind; raising the mug to his shaking lips, he took a tentative sip, then, having affirmed the flavour to be satisfactory, finished the drink in four hearty swigs, paying no mind to the searing sensation trickling down his throat. A moment passed, two, three; then the old man felt it, the joyous feeling of energy returning to his exhausted form in a tingling wave that engulfed the entirety of him. His strength renewed, Ekimu lunged for his mask and lithely donned it once more. With the remainder of his power returning to him, Ekimu breathed a sigh of contentment and turned back to the latest project to occupy his anvil- a mask that would allow interdimensional travel. Raising his imposing hammer above the white-hot visage of the mask, a sudden thought saw the old man freeze mid-swing. “The danish,” he gasped astoundedly. "I forgot to remind them to bring me a bleeding danish! "’

12 Likes

It’d probably work like it did the old BIONICLE movies.

I imagine it being very tedious to lift his mask every sip and bite he takes.
Really, though, I don’t think the masks are glued to their faces, I think they are literally just like masks. He probably lifts it a bit, takes a sip, moves it back, and continues working.

3 Likes

Is this the big question on everyone’s minds about Bionicle 2016, How Ekimu drink his coffee.

4 Likes

Okotans need refreshments.

3 Likes

I mean, the idea they make coffee isn’t far-fetched. Look back at when coffee was first being circulated in our own ancient history. All the Okotans have to do is find a way to filter boiled water through roasted and dried coffee bean grounds. The technology required is actually quite simple.

1 Like

If Mayans could make hot chocalate, Okotans can make a hot beverage.
Funnily enough, the glyph for chocolate was pronounced “Kakau”.
However, the drink the Mayans had was more spicy and bitter. The Spanish added sugar and took out the spices. At least, from what I read.

3 Likes